Sexy Vanilla Armors Circulated In Skyrim

DatWombat

Hey everyone! Nretsmah here, and I'vr been hard at work with a patch I'm intending to release. 

I'm a big fan of Crosscrusade's Stand alone Sexy Vanilla Armor (link), but I never liked how they we're only accessible via console commands and smithing. 

So I've taken the time to create variants of each armor with vanilla-based enchanted counterparts. Seven-hundred armors later, I'm getting closer and closer to a finished patch. 

This patch will modify vanilla leveled lists and add Crosscrusade's gear to them  adding variety to the vanilla armor you come across in game. I imagine that this mod should be easily removed from your load order via a bashed patch. 

I'm quite eager to release my first mod :D

(So eager, I couldn't be bothered to wait to make this post before having a finished product. . . Hah!)

Actually, yes I have. It's one of my go-to mods for testing items and gear added from other mods. I'm making this patch so that I'll see my enemies wearing the gear added by this mod, and to add a little more variety in lootable objects. I want to find my gear, not spawn it ya know?

ah, ok sorry for the mistake.

Spoiler

but dont replacer options  refit all the amors? be sure you didnt download the standalone version, you know what i dont get myself now, im just going to sleep after hours of not doing it and come back, there's something im not reading right.

neat idea, hope you release it soon :D

Yes, if I were to use Sexy Vanilla armors as my replacer, there would be no need to be doing what I'm doing. However, I'm using a standalone-version of Sexy Vanilla Armors in conjunction with a (different) vanilla armor replacer. I like having variety in my gear (and "physics"), and this seemed to be the way to go. I'm hoping that I'll be ready to release my patch in a week. ?

The effort is commendable!

I have achieved the exact same thing by replacing meshes in the appropriate target folder, which is much shorter work. I use four replacers at the same time in this way - the base is Shinshi Armors, but it includes meshes from TrX, Remodelled armor and Crosscrusade's replacer. The target folders are /meshes/replacer, simply renaming the folder reverts to vanilla. The esp for Remodelled is left active so I can craft the boots and bikinis when needed.

I'll admit that yours may be distributable, but it sounds a lot of work. Incidentally, replacing just the mesh also changes the mesh on all the enchanted loot as well. Not to sound discouraging, but there's a simpler way to skin the cat. Unless of course you have a specific reason for preferring to do this. I still think the experience of making a mod may alone be a good enough reason to do something like this (I made a bunch of very ugly NPCs once and have stuck with it since), the objecive can be met in other ways as well. Just sayin'.

@Pauduan

As I mentioned in my first post, I'm not using Crosscrusade's armor as a replacer. I'm using a standalone version. I already have another mod which replaces every wearable item in my game. By using standalone Sexy Armor, I have two versions of every vanilla armor in my game.

And yes, it has been a great deal of work (I've been chipping away at this mod since the 7th, four to six hours a day). I imagine that there is a simpler way to get the effect I want (perhaps copying vanilla gear as a "new record" in TES5Edit and replacing the target meshes?), but I'm confident that my method (although a tedious one) should do the trick, with little room for conflicts and errors.

I'm not sure if I misinterpreted your post (and if so, apologies).

***Update***

This mod's been taking a wee-bit longer than expected. However, I'm coming close to finishing. At this point, I'm currently modifying Skyrim's enchanted armor leveled lists. I've edited a number of outfits, allowing many NPCs to spawn with Sexy Vanilla Armors. Once I'm finished editing leveled lists, I will make a few edits to my item IDs and armor stats (to match vanilla stats). After that, I'll be ready to release my first mod!

***Update***

Progress is lookin' good! I'm not as far along as I'd like to be, but I've come a long way since Wednesday. 

As it stands, I'm adjusting the prices of Crosscrusade's Sexy Armor to resemble vanilla armor's. I plan on adjusting my item IDs and double (or triple) checking my work, and then release.

I plan on releasing two versions of this patch. In one version, all armors added by this mod will retain a "Sexy" prefix to thier names, distinguishing them from vanilla gear. In another version, armors added by this mod will not have a "Sexy" prefix, allowing them to better blend into the world. 

***Update***

I have "officially" released this mod here on Lover's Lab (link)

I hope y'alls enjoy, and I intend on updating this mod later on. However, I think it's just about ready for a release. Thanks for your time and support, and let me know what you think!

14 hours ago, Green Tryst said:

Thank you for this mod.  I have a couple of questions.  I am assuming we pick the standalone version?  Second question - can the armors contained with Crosscrusade's mod switched out with other armor sets by renaming the replacements after place in the appropriate folders?

You're welcome. It warms me up inside to hear that. ?

Now to answer your questions. Yes, you should pick the standalone version of Crosscrusade's Sexy Vanilla Armor. If you don't, my mod may or may not break your game. As for your second question, I don't see why not. If you were to replace Crosscrusade's meshes and textures with someone else's, I'd make sure the new file's names match that of Crosscrusade's. Do bear in mind that if you replace one of Crosscrusade's meshes/textures with your own, without some TES5Edit or Creation Kit finagling no names will be changed.

I imagine that if you were to replace say, Sexy Banded Iron Armor's meshes and textures with your own, you'd still have "Sexy Banded Iron Armor" along with all of it's enchanted variants showing up in-game. However, your "Sexy Banded Armor" would use your meshes and textures, rather than Crosscrussade's.

Does this answer your question Green Tryst? Please excuse the late response, I didn't notice your post today. 

15 minutes ago, Green Tryst said:

Awesome, thank you Nretsmah.

No worries about the response, late or timely, you did not have to answer me at all :)

Sure thing Green Tryst. I'm happy to help. I'm usually poor when it comes to response time, but I also don't want to be one of those authors. I'm behind my work 100%, and I intend on providing support whenever it's needed. I've yet to become a jaded mod author, hah.

so awesome I ported over Sexy vanilla to SSE and using your mod to add them to my leveled list.. love it!.. So far only reliable mod I have got working well in SSE to easily get things in leveled lists is SKYAI but that mod only adds them to vendors and some chests(which is actually good since lot of stuff i have downloaded has no male equivalent so it kinda borks the leveled list entry if it lands on that)...so great have options to get more NPCs in the game wearing a good variety of armor.. I currently run this, Bikini Maiden, Tera, Book of UUNP, Immersive armors(skimpy bodyslide version of course), and then TMBe replacer and this gives me a ton of armors spread through my leveled list

21 hours ago, AerowynX said:

so awesome I ported over Sexy vanilla to SSE and using your mod to add them to my leveled list.. love it!.. So far only reliable mod I have got working well in SSE to easily get things in leveled lists is SKYAI but that mod only adds them to vendors and some chests(which is actually good since lot of stuff i have downloaded has no male equivalent so it kinda borks the leveled list entry if it lands on that)...so great have options to get more NPCs in the game wearing a good variety of armor.. I currently run this, Bikini Maiden, Tera, Book of UUNP, Immersive armors(skimpy bodyslide version of course), and then TMBe replacer and this gives me a ton of armors spread through my leveled list

That sounds great! Is my mod compatible with Skyrim Special Edition? I haven't played that game much, so I'm not very familiar in regards to modding it. I'm also not very familiar with SKYAI (is this a SSE exclusive mod?) But I understand your sentiments. Adding mods to your game by hand has it benefits; in the case of "female-only" gear, you're able to make sure no dudesters get their hands on it. I adore variety, and this mod is a good way to double up what you see on bandits and soldiers. I think that I intend on working on Bikini Maiden, and those other mods you have listed look great. I've used Immersive armors in the past, but I opted to get rid of it. I didn't like having gear added to my game that was dependent on scripts, rather than more accessible leveled lists. But overall, that sounds like a sweet line up of gear. Although I don't use all of the gear you've listed, I might make some CIS patches for them anyways.

I'm still gathering armor mods, and tweaking what I got. I'm glad you're enjoying my work, and I'll definately have to check out those other mods you've listed.

54 minutes ago, Nretsmah said:

That sounds great! Is my mod compatible with Skyrim Special Edition? I haven't played that game much, so I'm not very familiar in regards to modding it. I'm also not very familiar with SKYAI (is this a SSE exclusive mod?) But I understand your sentiments. Adding mods to your game by hand has it benefits; in the case of "female-only" gear, you're able to make sure no dudesters get their hands on it. I adore variety, and this mod is a good way to double up what you see on bandits and soldiers. I think that I intend on working on Bikini Maiden, and those other mods you have listed look great. I've used Immersive armors in the past, but I opted to get rid of it. I didn't like having gear added to my game that was dependent on scripts, rather than more accessible leveled lists. But overall, that sounds like a sweet line up of gear. Although I don't use all of the gear you've listed, I might make some CIS patches for them anyways.

I'm still gathering armor mods, and tweaking what I got. I'm glad you're enjoying my work, and I'll definately have to check out those other mods you've listed.

SkyAI also has a non SSE version up on the nexus. yes your mod works fine i converted sexy female armor mod and your patch to SSE and all works perfectly..  Bikini Maiden already adds the gear to the leveled lists it just does it same way as immersive armors via script instead of the standard leveled list record.

Attached for anybody interested in a version for SSE using K.E.I.D.L sublists  (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2991-keidl/ ). (Obviously you'll need to convert the nifs from the original to be SSE compatible. Also you'll need to have converted K.E.I.D.L to SSE as well). Only real change is that I converted the outfits to be replacers by sticking them in the appropriate KW sublists.

Edit :- I meant not a replacer, (i.e. doh!).

Sexy Armor Standalone And LL.esp

7 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

Attached for anybody interested in a version for SSE using K.E.I.D.L sublists  (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2991-keidl/ ). (Obviously you'll need to convert the nifs from the original to be SSE compatible. Also you'll need to have converted K.E.I.D.L to SSE as well). Only real change is that I converted the outfits to be replacers by sticking them in the appropriate KW sublists.

Sexy Armor Standalone And LL.esp

OPs version works fine for SSE as well.. you just need to ESMify the sexy vanilla armors esp then you can run CK and save his plugin to form 44 then ESPify sexy vanilla back and you are set

17 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

OPs version works fine for SSE as well.. you just need to ESMify the sexy vanilla armors esp then you can run CK and save his plugin to form 44 then ESPify sexy vanilla back and you are set

Yep, sorry I meant not a replacer for outfits, (i.e. with KW you get a mix of outfits because of the sublists).

2 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

Yep, sorry I meant not a replacer for outfits, (i.e. with KW you get a mix of outfits because of the sublists).

was trying to do KW with LSAR but because of how LSAR installs and redirects with multiple esp files i'm not sure if it would work

I don't have LSAR. Sorry. I only really did it because of TRX, Remodeled standalone and Book of  UUNP so I would a nice mixture. Honestly was a total pain to do UUNP because there are like a bazillion entries you have to do. I think I'm actually armored out now. Was considerering doing Luxury collection but I'm not sure that there are male entries and don't really want invisibles, so thats just a loot box collection at the moment.

18 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

I don't have LSAR. Sorry. I only really did it because of TRX, Remodeled standalone and Book of  UUNP so I would a nice mixture. Honestly was a total pain to do UUNP because there are like a bazillion entries you have to do. I think I'm actually armored out now. Was considerering doing Luxury collection but I'm not sure that there are male entries and don't really want invisibles, so thats just a loot box collection at the moment.

LSAR doesn't have a standalone version so that would need to be made as well so yea kinda a pain... apachii divine elegance would be fun one as it does have male and female stuff but some of it is a bit to over the top.. what do you think of TRX i saw the UUNP version of it up on here but the screenshots are super small and some like a bit silly so wasn't sure how it looked in game

16 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

Yep some of the TRX is really silly. (Bunny ears and tails - which I removed for the most part. I think). Nice diversity though sort of Tera+ for total non 'Lore' friendlyness. ?

yea i like Tera stuff ill look into removing pieces i dont' like some of the pics look really nice

Archived