How do they do it?

I have been wanting to make my very own custom retextures for all of the races of Skyrim but one thing in particular is holding me back: where do people get textures? I don't particularly want to just take someone elses work and modify it, but at the same time I just don't know where people manage to get the textures they use in say Fair Skin for example. Are they self taken photos, are they drawn? Anyone help me out here?

On 7/22/2018 at 8:31 PM, areyouabasicwhitebitch said:

I don't particularly want to just take someone elses work and modify it

that's how it's done...

180724063116313716.jpg

you morph copy game body to replacer, or replacer to game body, and when you bake replacer on game body, you get the replacer texture for the game uv map

180724063105745785.jpg

that one not similar enought, there's some torso texture on the arms

the problem, it's the hands (10 fingers to move around, that take time)

On 7/23/2018 at 1:31 AM, areyouabasicwhitebitch said:

I have been wanting to make my very own custom retextures for all of the races of Skyrim but one thing in particular is holding me back: where do people get textures? I don't particularly want to just take someone elses work and modify it, but at the same time I just don't know where people manage to get the textures they use in say Fair Skin for example. Are they self taken photos, are they drawn? Anyone help me out here?

Without 3d app and a projection painting in it you cant make new textures because of the mesh UV.You will also need special 3d reference human texture packs that are not free.However you can use Photoshop and web reference body part textures to re-texture existing ones for your own design.
We live in the majestic world of technology, viva the Torrents !!

On 7/24/2018 at 8:46 PM, romeozero said:

Without 3d app and a projection painting in it you cant make new textures because of the mesh UV.You will also need special 3d reference human texture packs that are not free.However you can use Photoshop and web reference body part textures to re-texture existing ones for your own design.
We live in the majestic world of technology, viva the Torrents !!

thank you!

Archived