Better Starting Stats for PC

Better Starting Stats for PC

View File

BettStartStats.thumb.jpg.02f987b71e8190c5473d00b7e5659fce.jpg

Description:

Start with 1000 magicka , 500 Health and 200 Stamina. As you level up , 1 point per level up will be added to chosen stat (Instead of +5 Vanilla),

So to explain further in case your confused, if you got to level 100 using this mod, and every time you level up you put your point on Health, at level 100 you would only be at 600 health

Every point you add to Stamina will now increase your carry weight by +10

I made this for my own game originally because vanilla Skyrim is too easy to become over powered, this balances out the game. This mod can be used on its own, but I created for myself to go along with another mod I had made to add difficulty to the game :

Just unpack and drop file into data folder of use mod manager to install (Run loot or put  low in load order)

This file can be bashed, but doesn't need to be and there should be 0 conflict with anything

0 Scripts

Will work will Oldrim or SE

I used mine on a new game, not sure if it will give you a extra 500 health if added to a current playthru

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/20/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Eventhough poeple can just do player.modav or .setav for their stats. But idk i stop doing those because it felt a little cheating and i don't mind running around with 50 hp at lvl 1. makes it challenging when my hp is low from the start. lol

1 hour ago, Deviljho-san said:

Eventhough poeple can just do player.modav or .setav for their stats. But idk i stop doing those because it felt a little cheating and i don't mind running around with 50 hp at lvl 1. makes it challenging when my hp is low from the start. lol

I used to do the same with the player mod av..lol but wanted to start it off like it was part of the game with this, different with this is the leveling up, you start with 500 health but would have to get your character up to level 500 to get your health up to 1000

1 hour ago, -Caden- said:

I used to do the same with the player mod av..lol but wanted to start it off like it was part of the game with this, different with this is the leveling up, you start with 500 health but would have to get your character up to level 500 to get your health up to 1000

I used to do that too just to do a fun roleplaying. Like for a while i was like i want to play as a very talented mage so i set my magic to 700 and my magic regain to 30%. while the rest was the same. of if i want to do a thief playthrough meaning no fighting but stealing and running away set my stamina to the same amount and it's regain. It does make it fun.

I don't think I get the point of this. You are claiming that it is far too easy to get overpowered in vanilla skyrim, so you make yourself overpowered from the start? Why not crank up the difficulty to legendary, disable health regen and lower your stats and possibly attack damage if you are looking for a challenge? 

That's an interesting approach. Mind you, I use pretty much the exact opposite in my game, lowering my start game stats and skills and then using mods (Uncapper with customized leveling settings, Skyrim Scaling Stopper, Scribe Vitality, High Level Enemies, Combat Evolved, and Perkus Maximus) to tailor the overal gameplay to my tastes. But I find it always fascinating to see what others are doing to match the game to their own tastes and preferences.

39 minutes ago, Saraniamic said:

I don't think I get the point of this. You are claiming that it is far too easy to get overpowered in vanilla skyrim, so you make yourself overpowered from the start? Why not crank up the difficulty to legendary, disable health regen and lower your stats and possibly attack damage if you are looking for a challenge? 

I don't think it's as easy as this. Caden's approach makes the first levels a lot easier but then late gameplay should become a lot harder then before. For a long playthrough, that does sound interesting.

Also, though that's just my personal opinion, I think "Legendary" difficulty is crap. All it does is raise enemy stats and lower player stats which sort of works, but is not very logical and has serious shortcomings. I much prefer to play with the equal AI:player skills of default difficulty and then use mods to make fighting more unforgiving and interesting. For example, with my mods, I can get one-shotted by a skilled crossbow archer pretty far into the leveling process if I'm unlucky and not wearing good armor, but in exchange I can do the same to not-too-high-leveled enemies. Mods can dramatically improve the fighting mechanics and you can get a challenging and tactical fighting gameplay in this game.

1 hour ago, Saraniamic said:

you start the game pretty much at where your going to be the whole game, at level up from start you can only level up 1 point to Health, Magicka, Stamina...so by the time you get to level 20, and lets say you put all your points from leveling up onto your stamina, then at level 20 your stamina will be at level will be at 220, hence 1 point per level up. You do not get to be level 50 and get to much health , stamina, ect…(vanilla gives you 5 points per level up, this gives you 1)

on a mod I released..runn draginborn runn, some one asked me in the comments how to make leveling up slower, so I told him/her I would upload what I use in my playthru instead of changing the actual leveling, this was made to go with the mod runn dragonborn ruun but can be used separately, and as El_Duderino says, legendary is crap, you do not get stronger enemies, your weapons just do less damage and you take more damage

53 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

That's an interesting approach. Mind you, I use pretty much the exact opposite in my game, lowering my start game stats and skills and then using mods (Uncapper with customized leveling settings, Skyrim Scaling Stopper, Scribe Vitality, High Level Enemies, Combat Evolved, and Perkus Maximus) to tailor the overal gameplay to my tastes. But I find it always fascinating to see what others are doing to match the game to their own tastes and preferences.

I don't think it's as easy as this. Caden's approach makes the first levels a lot easier but then late gameplay should become a lot harder then before. For a long playthrough, that does sound interesting.

Also, though that's just my personal opinion, I think "Legendary" difficulty is crap. All it does is raise enemy stats and lower player stats which sort of works, but is not very logical and has serious shortcomings. I much prefer to play with the equal AI:player skills of default difficulty and then use mods to make fighting more unforgiving and interesting. For example, with my mods, I can get one-shotted by a skilled crossbow archer pretty far into the leveling process if I'm unlucky and not wearing good armor, but in exchange I can do the same to not-too-high-leveled enemies. Mods can dramatically improve the fighting mechanics and you can get a challenging and tactical fighting gameplay in this game.

Agreed about Legendary being a shit show, and great explanation of how this mod works, thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:08 AM, zeldashu said:

1 point per level up will be added to chosen stat (Instead of +5 Vanilla) ,this idea is very nice.

But Start with 1000 magicka , 500 Health and 200 Stamina. Does it break the balance?

I might seem that it makes it easier, but once you hit level 50 and up you will see a difference, I made this to go with my Run dragonborn Ruun mod