best way to find a specific mesh location?

2Dimm

if i hypothetically wanted to edit a mesh from the game, what is the easist way of finding the exact location of the mesh? say i want to edit a light post, after extracting "Fallout - Meshes.bsa" do i just go trought every folder until i find the mesh or is there a way to find the file of the mesh using some kind of in game console command or mod?

Every mesh has an object in the G.E.C.K that contains the path you are looking for as well as other object properties.

So if you're trying to find your light post or whatever, open the editor and find the object there (via navigating to a location where the object is used in the world or the search function of the G.E.C.K.).

7 hours ago, Alter Native said:

Every mesh has an object in the G.E.C.K that contains the path you are looking for as well as other object properties.

So if you're trying to find your light post or whatever, open the editor and find the object there (via navigating to a location where the object is used in the world or the search function of the G.E.C.K.).

AH OF COURSE i feel so dumb right now, thanks anyway

Archived