Need help converting HDT armors from PE to SMP

CrabCak3s

I've been working on converting some Bloodborne armors to SMP, and was following @Tooneyman23's tutorial on it. He suggested using a full body collision mesh if something is full body like cloaks, and pulled up an HDT cloak as an example.

hunterarmorfemale.thumb.png.926cff99a93ced1e1e6a0984d7296942.png

But especially for the female armors there's pretty large clipping where I don't want there to be collision, unless I'm understanding it wrong the invisible body will make the armor look weird once worn. On the note of invisibility trying to do quick tests in game the body isn't actually invisible but it very clearly is for cloaks of skyrim, and this is the same mesh since I just copy/pasted the branch from that nif into this one so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Also all of these armors have multiple HDTs, which I assume (hope) I can just plug into the same .xmls or use the same .xml for the multiple strings it has for the cape, coat, and watch chain. The male coat also has a very weird double HDT setup where seemingly two separate parts of the mesh where the edges of the cloak are from the rest of it, but both branches seem to use the same HDT bones? 

hunterarmor1.thumb.png.32a9597ddcbbaf8700a10c33a5155c30.pnghunterarmor2.thumb.png.eddaea82a5cc355b0f1e5077389aac81.png

Anyone have any advice on how to do this? Tooneyman's guide is pretty much the most comprehensive I've seen but he goes ahead using just thigh/arm collision meshes which I don't think will work for an armor set like this where it is basically covering the whole body and legs. Tooneyman's guide is really good but I'm just a little lost, especially since looking at artesan cloaks of skyrim's xml for reference it's wildly different but, at the same time is using the full body collision that I'm trying to achieve.

hi,

me i would do this by creating it new-

-you may use the existing bones and their weights (you can check the weight-behavior of your mesh by moving the bones inside a 3d-software (it´s the most time consuming work on this stuff)

-the name of the body has to be named inside the xml as the body for collision, penetration depth you have to try out, what you prefer

-a collision ground is interesting for long clothing like skirts or your coat....same for that  ground in xml

-if the upper clothing has bones too, you can also add them as well and make them react much more slow

-the collision body can be an invisible one, if you want to use the clothing as a non- slot 32 clothing, so that slot 32 will stay free for tops or naked, in all other cases, i´d use the body, that is common for your gameplay and make it visible/like a reference-in your case I´d choose the clothing to be slot 32 and put the official body into it-at that body, you will have your collision then.

-if you have longer stuff from the front, too, you should also have the feet as collision, as they also have their effect on long clothing-so you can add feet also (you can of course add every virtual item for collision, which you like)...virtual bodies and feet can be also set to a different height to have a specialized impact on collision-depends on the effect, you want to reach

maybe this is a little helpful-you have to find out your personal workaround by yourself at least

On 7/16/2018 at 12:31 AM, t.ara said:

hi,

me i would do this by creating it new-

-you may use the existing bones and their weights (you can check the weight-behavior of your mesh by moving the bones inside a 3d-software (it´s the most time consuming work on this stuff)

-the name of the body has to be named inside the xml as the body for collision, penetration depth you have to try out, what you prefer

-a collision ground is interesting for long clothing like skirts or your coat....same for that  ground in xml

-if the upper clothing has bones too, you can also add them as well and make them react much more slow

-the collision body can be an invisible one, if you want to use the clothing as a non- slot 32 clothing, so that slot 32 will stay free for tops or naked, in all other cases, i´d use the body, that is common for your gameplay and make it visible/like a reference-in your case I´d choose the clothing to be slot 32 and put the official body into it-at that body, you will have your collision then.

-if you have longer stuff from the front, too, you should also have the feet as collision, as they also have their effect on long clothing-so you can add feet also (you can of course add every virtual item for collision, which you like)...virtual bodies and feet can be also set to a different height to have a specialized impact on collision-depends on the effect, you want to reach

maybe this is a little helpful-you have to find out your personal workaround by yourself at least

So I've been messing with it more, made sure the clothing is in slot 32 but I'm still struggling to even get the HDT working, however poorly. I'm wondering if it's because the nif originally had multiple NiStringExtraData strings leading to multiple .xmls, in the end I tried replacing all of them with my .xml, and then later deleting the branch and creating a new NiStringExtraData with only a singular .xml path (the left is the very original, obviously I edited it to the correct paths for my xmls before going ahead with the creating a new stringdatabranch)

hunterarmordatastringcomparison.thumb.png.f6672623f0169fdaaf75bbe3e13a8ae7.png

I feel like I'm doing something severely wrong, the armor still behaves as if it has no HDT parts attached (I've double checked with other SMP armors that yes I do have SMP installed correctly). I know it's very presumptuous and like I'm asking someone else to do the work for me, but would someone be able to look at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've even compared other SMP nifs and xmls and mine doesn't seem like it shouldn't flat out fail to work, at the very least I would think it would just work poorly.

HunterCloak.xml

BB_Hunter_ArmorA_1.nif

Again I really don't want anyone to think I'm trying to get someone else to do the work for me, I just really need someone to look at my .xml and see if there's anything obvious on why the heck the HDT won't work at all. I'd be doing my best to plow through it myself if I was dealing with issues like the bones flying all over the place or falling through the ground but right now it just behaves the exact same, except now there's a default male body stuck into it (I would've thought deleting the bodies textures would've made it invisible but that didn't seem to do anything....)

2 hours ago, CrabCak3s said:

So I've been messing with it more, made sure the clothing is in slot 32 but I'm still struggling to even get the HDT working, however poorly. I'm wondering if it's because the nif originally had multiple NiStringExtraData strings leading to multiple .xmls, in the end I tried replacing all of them with my .xml, and then later deleting the branch and creating a new NiStringExtraData with only a singular .xml path (the left is the very original, obviously I edited it to the correct paths for my xmls before going ahead with the creating a new stringdatabranch)

hunterarmordatastringcomparison.thumb.png.f6672623f0169fdaaf75bbe3e13a8ae7.png

I feel like I'm doing something severely wrong, the armor still behaves as if it has no HDT parts attached (I've double checked with other SMP armors that yes I do have SMP installed correctly). I know it's very presumptuous and like I'm asking someone else to do the work for me, but would someone be able to look at this and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've even compared other SMP nifs and xmls and mine doesn't seem like it shouldn't flat out fail to work, at the very least I would think it would just work poorly.

HunterCloak.xml

BB_Hunter_ArmorA_1.nif

Again I really don't want anyone to think I'm trying to get someone else to do the work for me, I just really need someone to look at my .xml and see if there's anything obvious on why the heck the HDT won't work at all. I'd be doing my best to plow through it myself if I was dealing with issues like the bones flying all over the place or falling through the ground but right now it just behaves the exact same, except now there's a default male body stuck into it (I would've thought deleting the bodies textures would've made it invisible but that didn't seem to do anything....)

row 5 typo on flow

Also, watch out, entry's are case sensitive. Will check the big when I get home. If the log doesn't tell you any errors it's a mistake in logic in the xml. Or a pathing error.

Do a XML where you just list bones,  then constraints and then collision as spartanic as possible. Then see if it works, then re-add all the stuff step by step.

The XML file seems to be not build up correctly, how it has to be done for normal.

Maybe I do use an older stuff, but I have in comparison much more contence there into it.

Basically, I don´t know if your SMP is the same like mine. My installation has it´s origin created by HydrogenSaysHDT.

I use this basics files (and hairs-!!!! it doesn´t work at once, you have to correct lot of xml-files by yourself) and I can get with this system every item to be working:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88416

and this guide is with a very good video (you will have to lean a new language;-) to create own items:

(this is of course my personal experience, how I came to a working SMP/PE HDT, welcome to everybody, who has any better info or idea to this, prZ has maybe better ideas as s(he) is an expert)

Oh another thing, if you experience mesh dropping into the floor, that means you're on the right way, but youade a mistake with the proxy object. BaseShapeB has to be defined in the same xml as the object that should collide to it.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, prZ said:

Oh another thing, if you experience mesh dropping into the floor, that means you're on the right way, but youade a mistake with the proxy object. BaseShapeB has to be defined in the same xml as the object that should collide to it.

Okay so I made some progress but for some reason I still can't get body armors to go with HDT at all. I switched to a couple different meshes rather than the coat I originally posted just for the sake of simplicity while I try and get my bearings, and got he plume on this helmet to work (I can't gif but, hopefully this picture shows what I'm talking about)

the plume!

But like I said, body armors still behave as if there's no HDT physics. Stiff as a board

ScreenShot527.thumb.png.4cf2a56556af417aa13b9e3751577504.png

And I know I've got the right filepath and everything, because when I forgot to define the feet I got some spaghettification.

ScreenShot531.thumb.png.abbeafe908cf65de1c604f2e86dde615.png

But once I corrected that the cloak just went right back to being it's normal stiff self. I've looked over my xml multiple times and compared it to my working helmet xml and can't seem to find anything that would make it just, flat out not work. Like for it to not even spazz out or fly all over the place or anything.

legioncloakxml.thumb.png.8bfa0cd6e02b7bb14ec6f004c9c8f3aa.pngundeadlegion.thumb.png.cc68991ab26f951b478c837cb29e1fcc.png

(DS_UL_Cloak.nif UndeadLegionCloak.xml also here's the files if that's easier to look at than the big ol image I pasted together)

The only thing I can think of is I am doing something incredibly wrong with the baseshapeB, because that's the big thing missing from the orenstein helmet, I didn't add any extra meshes/branches from another nif since the helm more or less acted like a head and the plume the hair.

Thanks anyone that can help me out, and thank you prZ for the advice already given. I feel like once I figure out why the body isn't working I can apply it to other armors. I thought I understood what I was doing with the orenstein plume working but apparently not.

Okay on further investigation, I think there's just something weird about the undead legion cloak. Like I more or less applied the same .xml to another cloak, and it worked just fine (well apart from the lack of collision but I'll add that later)

ScreenShot536.thumb.png.7373f81ee368005366116dfb43523adc.png

and I mean even trying to get the undead legion cloak working the same way I did with this, without inserting any extra shapes for collision, it still just remains stiff so I'm really at a loss on that one. I think I even tried giving the root hdt bones mass just to see if they would melt into the floor like what normally happens and still they didn't, I only achieved floor melting status when I forgot to define the feet.

Edit: I appear to be very bad at adding collision meshes because they seem to break the physics I already put on by reverting the cloak I did have working to its default stiffness :l Should I not be defining the bones within the BaseShapeB mesh?

Archived