updated version of MoreNastyCritters

14 minutes ago, CPU said:

Sorry. What is that?

Are you authorized by Dentarr (or at least MadsManGun or Pfiffy)?

i dont have a permit, but i couldn't find a way to transfer it. but if it´s a problem i can take it down

The mod was already ported, with documented authorization by Pfiffy.

Now, I see no problems in you having ported it too.

But better to have only a single managed copy of it.

I am going to start a shared PM with you guys, and you will decide who will be the official maintainer.

The mod stays for now.

1 minute ago, CPU said:

The mod was already ported, with documented authorization by Pfiffy.

Now, I see no problems in you having ported it too.

But better to have only a single managed copy of it.

I am going to start a shared PM with you guys, and you will decide who will be the official maintainer.

The mod stays for now.

it's really not needed i just needed it to port for myself

1 minute ago, Exzat said:

it's really not needed i just needed it to port for myself

No worries, just put your points on the PM I started.

It is more to find a maintainer than a porter.

37 minutes ago, Exzat said:

i dont have a permit, but i couldn't find a way to transfer it. but if it´s a problem i can take it down

Dentarr always said that anybody can take care of his mod. I am just willing to find a worth person. That will be not just porting, but maintaining the mod.

Yeah i kind of agree that one of the big responsibilities that needs to go along with porting a mod is the aftercare and understanding that people will need help or have questions or find issues with a mod ( ie. bugs , glitches) and so the person who uploads this needs to keep it up to date, listen to the questions  and advice and requests and therefore maintain it if they are able to. 

Understandably they are simply porting it and not claiming to ever be the original designer of the mod but they kind of have to accept that the moment they make it publically available, especially a mod thats instrumental in making other LL mods work and supports a lot of other mods that rely on it, they need to care for it.

Porting a mod privately for yourself is one thing, porting it and then making it openly available is another. Especially if the original author gives permission but is not in a position to maintain it.

Maybe if there is anything new or fixed or 'updated' as this version indicates, combine and communicate your passion and efforts with others that port that same mod too :).

I am so so so happy that there are smart and dedicated people that can port/convert mods from Oldrim to SSE and i really hope that never stops. 

So, thank you Exzat for making effort and actually sharing what you did, maybe in hinsight contact and interact and check in with other modders and contributors and skilled porters here as i know i always get a really good reaction when i message people. If you have a skill in converting and porting mods then keep it up! i am so sure there are many great mods still aching to be ported ( with the correct permissions given before  of course).