1 hour ago, Spirit_Shard said:

Succubus Heart does more than just drain, such as locking max Health/Magicka/Stamina and the like, this stuff can't be disabled in the current version. So if you're not interested in the mod's base feature set it'd be best to wait for a Standalone version of DOM (which I may not make) or find an alternative.. >.<

Disable NPC Drain Affecting NPCs is a setting in the Settings MCM (Think it's called "Disable NPC Drain" in older versions). Disabling that will prevent drain from affecting NPC stats at all. (Note, in the newest version from I think 4.12.6 this will disable drain benefits too since I haven't made a new setting to allow benefits when status isn't drained for the new code yet). Newest version also has a hotkey so you can toggle it on-off whenever you want.

Yeah I onderstand

So without the draining of NPC stats you can't "add" to your own right? So it means the majority of the mods base features are effected due to disabling that. 
All I am looking for is a way that NPC's are not permanently affected. I will wait then for a version that disables the draining of npc stats but keeps the benefits of the drain. 

Guess for now I will try to find somekind another Death alterntive lol, hope you will take a look at disabling of npc stats permanently since that's the only thing that is holding me back for using the mod. 

Edited by Durpledore
4 hours ago, Ceari said:

...the only one to increase was health leaving my stamina and magika stuck at 19.

3 hours ago, odius said:

My character doesn't seem to be gaining status either...

Does this work with SLSO (Sexlab Separate Orgasm)? I am running that and that was my initial thought as a possible conflict.

Last patch has Magicka/Stamina drain broken, instead those stats are adding to Health Drain, will be fixed in next patch (This is why I wasn't releasing Dev versions here since I knew I'd eventually miss something critical like this lol)

I think Separate Orgasms should work but I haven't tested it, new code does account for it being possibly used but if it uses different mod events (not sure why it would) then only orgasms benefits would break.

3 hours ago, Durpledore said:

All I am looking for is a way that NPC's are not permanently affected. I will wait then for a version that disables the draining of npc stats but keeps the benefits of the drain..

The toggle is on the TODO list and shouldn't be difficult to implement, I'll go ahead and put it in the next dev version I'm working on right now ^-^

14 minutes ago, Spirit_Shard said:

Last patch has Magicka/Stamina drain broken, instead those stats are adding to Health Drain, will be fixed in next patch (This is why I wasn't releasing Dev versions here since I knew I'd eventually miss something critical like this lol)

I think Separate Orgasms should work but I haven't tested it, new code does account for it being possibly used but if it uses different mod events (not sure why it would) then only orgasms benefits would break.

Ohh ok, no worries. I also use SLSO and it worked on every version of this I remember using it with and it did increase my health, so I imagine it works just fine.

Ok, so quick fix is up, Succubus Heart 4.12.10 DEV which fixes Magicka/Stamina drain giving health instead, Magicka Drain not effecting status at all for NPCs, and Sou Pet items not working. Also noticed Seduction spells weren't decreasing Max Status anymore which was silly since I never touched that code. I'm changing the Seduction Spells so they don't reduce Status anymore anyways so it's not a big deal, just odd.

I think it's important at this point to get a stable release version out so I've set up a test environment and will be going down the list 1 by 1... (going to be a while >.<) but once I have this bulk testing done it should be much smoother sailing from then on. So basically, I'm going to test everything in a baseline sort of way then alter Seduction Spells to their new versions (Will be in the Actives menu after rework, they're still starter spells so no unlocks 'required') then I think it'll be safe to do a stable release. (I honestly didn't plan to re-write so much of the code so this sort of extensive testing wasn't initially planned for. I bit off a bit more than I probably should have all at once @.o)

EDIT :

Ok, so with a bit of testing I noticed a couple of oversights and things I just outright didn't implement, stuff like timer resets, proper fail checks, ect. So yeah, Dev Build is still not 'stable' in the slightest but thankfully it doesn't look like there's anything save-breaking and can be repaired after an update. So if you're using 4.12.10 you should be ok to keep using it, just make sure your Arousal doesn't go above 120% because it's currently bugged and will drain status effectively every half a second... (I really botched that one lol, forgot to set a timer reset for the delay, since by default it's suppose to take 60+ seconds)

Also strange bug I found that will rarely show up. If SexLab cancels an animation because an NPC triggers a werewolf transformation, Succubus Heart will maybe trigger Drain Kill on the NPC. Was VERY silly when it happened, but I haven't been able to reproduce it so it may have been a fluke. (Doggo man didn't stand a chance)

Edited by Spirit_Shard
updated info

Thanks for the update. In my quick testing Stamina seems to increase now, but for me magicka still isn't. I might try a new game to see if that helps. Though I may wait for a few more updates considering what you said is still broken.

I have certainly enjoyed the mod in the past and glad to see it being updated again.

Hey fellow gamers, quick question.  I have the Succubus Heart 4.11 version running in the game.  Been watching all of these exciting new updates, wanted to know if there is a way to update to the 4.12.10 version without losing all of my progress?  Worse come to worst, I'll just update to the newest version whenever I begin a new playthrough.   By the way, Spririt Shard I really love this mod.  Thank you for your prior releases that I had used, and all of the work that you are still putting into it!

1 hour ago, odius said:

Thanks for the update. In my quick testing Stamina seems to increase now, but for me magicka still isn't. I might try a new game to see if that helps. Though I may wait for a few more updates considering what you said is still broken..

Oh, my, draining succubus. This one really racked my brain for a moment. So the new code doesn't calculate any drain if an NPC has less than 1 in a stat (because why would it if you can't "steal" anything right?) but the new "Always get drain benefit" didn't account for this, so even with it enabled if an NPC has 0 magicka (which is quite common in Skyrim Base) it wouldn't give benefits. I've fixed this now. Also, if you didn't have "Always Get Drain Benefit" enabled then it was just normal behavior, a lot of NPCs don't have any Magicka so there's nothing to drain away.

But yeah, for the update I think it's safe to just wait for a more tested version which is what I'm currently working on. (hence my activity in the thread, just checking to see if anyone notices stuff I hadn't yet >.<) Can't say how long it'll take because testing is just unpredictable...

Not use to releasing things purely untested like this so I'm treading new territory here, and it's kinda destroying me inside having some of these easily fixable/noticeable bugs >.<

56 minutes ago, nefer385 said:

...I have the Succubus Heart 4.11 version running in the game.  Been watching all of these exciting new updates, wanted to know if there is a way to update to the 4.12.10 version without losing all of my progress? ...

You'll only lose progress for mechanics that don't exist anymore, specifically Force/SP and Stacks, as well as the Milk/Sperm bonuses being merged into a new Fluid bonus. Everything else should update just fine as long as your previous version is newer than 4.6. That said, when a stable release version is available it may be worth starting a new game just for the balance changes and to try things fresh, but it won't break old saves.

Well, I tried my best to test everything I had changed and honestly, kinda glad I harped on the "This is untested" quite a lot. Lots of stuff fixed, and hopefully no more major issues crop up. >.<
Anyways, Succubus Heart 4.12.11 DEV is uploaded, which is exclusively just fixes for the Dev branch stuff. There's 3 issues I haven't been able to test yet, whether New Game still doesn't enable the quest's scripts until initialized (long story >.>), the Perfect Orgasm passives weren't tested, but they run on the same old code just moved to the new functions so it 'should' be fine, and then of course balance. There's probably still issues I've missed (this stuff is hard X.x) but I feel pretty good about where things are at now at least. Still consider this a DEV version though, as I'm uncertain if I caught all the major issues, but if you're on the DEV versions already it's worth updating.

19 hours ago, umcreiger said:

im very confused and need help. i dont understand the health cap system. i get spending it on passive perks, but it makes my hp very low and idk how to get it back up. the absorbtion doesnt seem to be working. my health stays the same

Any more info for me to work with? What version are you running, did you install all the requirements (including SPID), have you leveled up absorption, ect? There is a "Help" section in the MCM that should help explain the mechanics and how they work if you're lost. ^-^

1 hour ago, Nuka Cherry said:

Succubus Heart SE 4.12.12 DEV

Is "BDSM rating" under passives still used to buy passive levels? In this build I can rank up without spending BDSM rating.

BDSM Rating is no longer required to unlock passives since 4.12.7 DEV, instead everything now just costs Status Caps similar to how many passives already did before. Just wanted to simplify the system a bit since a lot of people were confused by it, I'll be replacing the "BDSM Rating" display at the top left of the MCM with Health/Magicka/Stamina so it's easier to see where the character is at when unlocking stuff. (The raw values Body Desire Soul and Mind are still used to control how powerful many of the passives are)

11 hours ago, Spirit_Shard said:

Any more info for me to work with? What version are you running, did you install all the requirements (including SPID), have you leveled up absorption, ect? There is a "Help" section in the MCM that should help explain the mechanics and how they work if you're lost. ^-^

i have all the requirements and the 4.12.11 version. the mod seems to be working, but the caps part seems buggy. i have a stam cap over 80, but the one passive that needs 80 says i dont have it. i think i was messing up on the absortion part. i was exhausted when trying and not normal+. gonna try the new update you just made. love the mod so far, just hoping to get the cap situation figured out.

On 5/29/2023 at 4:05 PM, Spirit_Shard said:

Succubus Heart 4.12.9 DEV is being tested for a stable release, it should be working well enough. If it's not working at all in-game something may not have been installed correctly, do you have more information? (Is Sexlab and SPID both installed?)

Yes they're both installed correctly, the mod is appearing and all but drain never kills even if I checked the "always kill" option. This is the only major thing I found for now.

I just updated from 4.12.11-DEV to 4.12.12-DEV in a save and it completely broke SexLab for me. I could not initiate animations by any means. After starting a new game, SexLab seems to work fine both before Succubus Heart is initialized and after, so maybe it was just a quirk with that save, but it was a pretty new save and it wasn't running much else that I haven't already tested extensively. Not sure what might have caused this and so this is more of an FYI.

I uploaded Succubus Heart 4.12.14 here, more fixes and some feature request related things. Also wanted to give a quick thank you to everyone for the bug reports, it's been really helpful in helping me fix issues I had missed, thank you all! =^-^= (I smile, but releasing buggy stuff hurts my soul >.< Sorry for all the issues X.x)

10 hours ago, umcreiger said:

i have all the requirements and the 4.12.11 version. the mod seems to be working, but the caps part seems buggy. i have a stam cap over 80, but the one passive that needs 80 says i dont have it. i think i was messing up on the absortion part. i was exhausted when trying and not normal+. gonna try the new update you just made. love the mod so far, just hoping to get the cap situation figured out.

I went and checked through the Passives code and found a couple checks that were incorrect, this included the Violence Passive for Stamina Absorption (which I think is the only one that required 80 stamina to unlock), it was checking Magicka instead of Stamina like it should have been, should be fixed in newest version along with a couple other requirements that weren't quite correct.

9 hours ago, HeleyaCheeza said:

Yes they're both installed correctly, the mod is appearing and all but drain never kills even if I checked the "always kill" option. This is the only major thing I found for now.

Weird, is this on a new game or an older save? I'll go back and test Always Drain Kill but it should be working as expected. I wonder if your SexLab isn't sending the events or if maybe Succubus Heart isn't properly registering for them. I know some players have had some sort of mod conflict where most NPCs are, for whatever reason, immortal to the whole drain mechanic for some reason, even with the "Affect NPC Status" option enabled in the settings but I have no idea what causes this and I haven't been able to reproduce it. (I have the opposite issue where I find strange edge cases where Drain Kill just randomly triggers, like when NPCs trigger transformations while in a sex act X.x)

5 hours ago, odius said:

I just updated from 4.12.11-DEV to 4.12.12-DEV in a save and it completely broke SexLab for me. I could not initiate animations by any means. After starting a new game, SexLab seems to work fine both before Succubus Heart is initialized and after, so maybe it was just a quirk with that save, but it was a pretty new save and it wasn't running much else that I haven't already tested extensively. Not sure what might have caused this and so this is more of an FYI.

Curious, at first I thought maybe it was some cleaned up variable causing issues but I didn't do that until 4.12.13. It may be related to a stuck script from a previous dev version that was fixed in 4.12.12, did you use Soul Pets extensively? You may be able to try a different slightly older save as well, but overall I'm not really sure what would be the cause of that, Succubus Heart doesn't touch SexLab at all, it just registers for events sent from SexLab and that's it, so it shouldn't screw with it at all. X.x But idk, this is Skyrim we're talking about.. >.<

3 hours ago, Spirit_Shard said:

I uploaded Succubus Heart 4.12.14 here, more fixes and some feature request related things. Also wanted to give a quick thank you to everyone for the bug reports, it's been really helpful in helping me fix issues I had missed, thank you all! =^-^= (I smile, but releasing buggy stuff hurts my soul >.< Sorry for all the issues X.x)

I went and checked through the Passives code and found a couple checks that were incorrect, this included the Violence Passive for Stamina Absorption (which I think is the only one that required 80 stamina to unlock), it was checking Magicka instead of Stamina like it should have been, should be fixed in newest version along with a couple other requirements that weren't quite correct.

Weird, is this on a new game or an older save? I'll go back and test Always Drain Kill but it should be working as expected. I wonder if your SexLab isn't sending the events or if maybe Succubus Heart isn't properly registering for them. I know some players have had some sort of mod conflict where most NPCs are, for whatever reason, immortal to the whole drain mechanic for some reason, even with the "Affect NPC Status" option enabled in the settings but I have no idea what causes this and I haven't been able to reproduce it. (I have the opposite issue where I find strange edge cases where Drain Kill just randomly triggers, like when NPCs trigger transformations while in a sex act X.x)

Curious, at first I thought maybe it was some cleaned up variable causing issues but I didn't do that until 4.12.13. It may be related to a stuck script from a previous dev version that was fixed in 4.12.12, did you use Soul Pets extensively? You may be able to try a different slightly older save as well, but overall I'm not really sure what would be the cause of that, Succubus Heart doesn't touch SexLab at all, it just registers for events sent from SexLab and that's it, so it shouldn't screw with it at all. X.x But idk, this is Skyrim we're talking about.. >.<

the new version seems to work the way the mod is attended to work! thank you for all the help and responses! love the mod! im going to donate!

12 hours ago, Spirit_Shard said:

I have not yet tried to use Soul Pets in any of my testing of this mod. I'm not sure how to even get Soul Pets now. In older version you could just summon them if I remember correctly. Now you need to clone them or something? And something about Soul Chips... Not even sure where to get those.

Anyway, so far, a new save with 4.12.12 from the start has remained fine. We'll see what happens when I upgrade to the latest version.

Brought Succubus Heart 4.12.15 DEV over here, considering this version to become the Stable version (like, for real this time >.<). I did a TON of recursive testing and I wasn't able to spot anything that doesn't require large changes to fix (specifically Combat Seduction and Soul Pets have issues that would require much larger changes than I'm aiming for this release). Of course there's bound to be something I missed, I just have to hope it's not major.

Also hoping that odius' save issue wasn't Succubus Heart related and was either a script fluke with Skyrim, which happens, or was something unrelated that wasn't caught. I wasn't able to reproduce any save breaking using every version of Succubus Heart I have locally back to 4.6. But that doesn't mean something still couldn't break somewhere specific, I just have no idea where that would be.

I did have one single lead though, and it is related to how Skyrim loads games. I discovered that loading specific saves with SexLab enabled but different settings could cause it to break, I found this bug while testing New Game starts, I disabled Succubus Heart to see if it was what was causing some strange leveling bug (My character was automatically gaining insane amounts of levels when starting a new game if I had already loaded a save since launching Skyrim, never found what caused this in my load order and I hope it doesn't break things later >.<) But SexLab would sometimes break on the not-new game save if I then loaded back into the old save with different SexLab settings. I was able to fix it by closing and reloading Skyrim. This doesn't seem like the same issue, but it may lead to finding the issue somewhere. Also found Skyrim doesn't stop the timer scripts when starting a New Game, not just for Succubus Heart but nearly all the mods I had installed including Sunhelm, OSLarousal, ect. Obviously none of this is related to Succubus Heart itself, maybe it's Skyrim or a script-fix mod, but either way I've made a few changes to Succubus Heart's scripts to help prevent issues caused by this (fix was in 4.12.13).

14 hours ago, umcreiger said:

the new version seems to work the way the mod is attended to work! thank you for all the help and responses! love the mod! im going to donate!

Glad you're enjoying the mod and thank you for the donation, I really appreciate it! =^-^=

4 hours ago, odius said:

I have not yet tried to use Soul Pets in any of my testing of this mod. I'm not sure how to even get Soul Pets now. In older version you could just summon them if I remember correctly. Now you need to clone them or something? And something about Soul Chips... Not even sure where to get those.

Anyway, so far, a new save with 4.12.12 from the start has remained fine. We'll see what happens when I upgrade to the latest version.

If you never used Soul Pets then it kills my theory that the stuck script bug I had in earlier builds could have been to blame, because it would only occur with Soul Pets. Read my above text-block for more theory crafting on what could have happened. I'm at a complete loss though, so unless it happens again with more information I don't know if I can really investigate it further unfortunately.

And yeah, Soul Pets got a full re-work and no longer has preset pets. Instead you use the "Pet Target" spell to use Blood Chips (Blood Chips are a Death Drop, so collect them from killed NPCs, can also spend Max Health for them in the Soul Forge menu but it's not really intended to be used for more than a couple in critical situations) to replicate nearly any non-unique NPC into a pet copy you can then summon and use as a companion. Sepha in the Succubus Realm does sell a couple Souls though that give you a pet if you don't want to go replicate one.

2 hours ago, Spirit_Shard said:

And yeah, Soul Pets got a full re-work and no longer has preset pets. Instead you use the "Pet Target" spell to use Blood Chips (Blood Chips are a Death Drop, so collect them from killed NPCs, can also spend Max Health for them in the Soul Forge menu but it's not really intended to be used for more than a couple in critical situations) to replicate nearly any non-unique NPC into a pet copy you can then summon and use as a companion. Sepha in the Succubus Realm does sell a couple Souls though that give you a pet if you don't want to go replicate one.

Thanks. For some reason I thought the Soul Pets message had said something about Soul Chips, but I guess I was mistaken. I was able to summon a "pet" fine once I had 50 Blood Chips.

I do have a new problem though. On both 4.12.12 and 4.12.15, when my character absorbs status her magicka is not increasing. Health and Stamina seem to increase fine, but Magicka does not.

At least when I upgraded versions this time, SexLab did not decide to completely break down. Modded Skyrim can be a fickle beast, so I'll chalk that up to some sort of Bethesda-ing going on.

1 hour ago, umcreiger said:

im confused on how soul pets works. is there a spell i need to cast on what i want as a pet?

Yes. You need to cast the "Pet Target Spell" on the creature you want as a pet. There is also a cost of at least 50 Blood Chips, which you should get off kills.

8 hours ago, odius said:

I do have a new problem though. On both 4.12.12 and 4.12.15, when my character absorbs status her magicka is not increasing. Health and Stamina seem to increase fine, but Magicka does not.

This is probably just from the issue we talked about earlier in the thread, where Status is only drained if they actually have Status to take. A lot of NPCs in Skyrim's base game don't actually have any Magicka (literally a value of 0) so there's nothing to drain, but enabling "Always Gain Drain Benefit" or finding an NPC with Magicka should have the drain working as intended. (At least it did when I tested it, also possible I broke it somehow but I think it still works) In a future version I can look into making it still drain Magicka by taking another stat away, currently thinking Magicka > Stamina > Health.