How do you make animations for wicked whims?

I can either do it for you or teach you how. It's a pretty convoluted process which is why I offer. Here's the link to the tutorials.

In a nutshell, your goal is to make a .package to put and test in your Mods folder. These packages are managed and edited using a program called Sims 4 Package Editor. A wicked whims .package is composed of 3 types of files.

1. A _Key which indexes and catalogues your animations for easy management in the editor.  This is created automatically in the Package Editor when you start defining properties for you clips.
  2. Clips are your animated .blends converted to a format readable by Sims 4. They are the first thing you'll be creating when you finish animating in Blender. Using a program called Sims 4 Studio. You will import each individual animated blend and convert them to .clips, along with their respective .bin format header files. These will be saved to a standard .package; but I recommend using the Package Editor to export them out and import them into a clean .package.
  3.  Lastly, the XML file which contains information the Sims 4 game can use at runtime. You will find this text file in the tutorial series and will need to make quite a few modifications to it. It is essentially a script that provides data for the Sims 4; and you'll use it to indicate the names of animations, your identity, where the wicked whim occurs, and what people/orifice is involved.

Try to follow every instruction in that link up there and read everything, most of the beginning is tedious blender training, but there's some important stuff, such as frame numbers and creating separate files for each character that even a pro can overlook. Let me know if you have questons.

37 minutes ago, DeucesMcGee said:

I can either do it for you or teach you how. It's a pretty convoluted process which is why I offer. Here's the link to the tutorials.

In a nutshell, your goal is to make a .package to put and test in your Mods folder. These packages are managed and edited using a program called Sims 4 Package Editor. A wicked whims .package is composed of 3 types of files.

1. A _Key which indexes and catalogues your animations for easy management in the editor.  This is created automatically in the Package Editor when you start defining properties for you clips.
  2. Clips are your animated .blends converted to a format readable by Sims 4. They are the first thing you'll be creating when you finish animating in Blender. Using a program called Sims 4 Studio. You will import each individual animated blend and convert them to .clips, along with their respective .bin format header files. These will be saved to a standard .package; but I recommend using the Package Editor to export them out and import them into a clean .package.
  3.  Lastly, the XML file which contains information the Sims 4 game can use at runtime. You will find this text file in the tutorial series and will need to make quite a few modifications to it. It is essentially a script that provides data for the Sims 4; and you'll use it to indicate the names of animations, your identity, where the wicked whim occurs, and what people/orifice is involved.

Try to follow every instruction in that link up there and read everything, most of the beginning is tedious blender training, but there's some important stuff, such as frame numbers and creating separate files for each character that even a pro can overlook. Let me know if you have questons.

I'm also interesting in learning and getting into the modding scene; so thanks for the link and tips. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 12:09 AM, DeucesMcGee said:

I can't wait to see what you bring to the table guys. Let me know if you need some more help, and good luck in your endeavors.

Hey there dude, maybe you can help before I open up a new thread.

I'm at my wit's end trying to find information on IK (inverse kinematic) animation for these guys.

I can tell that some people use them, i.e. Azmodan22 and WildGuy, but I cannot figure out if they just go through the tedious process of setting it up themselves, or if there's some way to "switch it on" in Azmodan22's rig.

Basically, it would make my life a million times easier being able to move the pelvis/hand/feet independently and have the other joints in the limb chain after, rather than rotating each individual part to keep them in place.

Any insight on this? The only resources I can find via Google/LoversLab say that they were unsuccessful attempts. I'm a pretty solid animator and would love to demonstrate my skills on LoversLab, but I don't feel like investing THAT much time performing tedious tasks that could be simplified, haha.

6 hours ago, ApertureKills said:

Hey there dude, maybe you can help before I open up a new thread.

I'm at my wit's end trying to find information on IK (inverse kinematic) animation for these guys.

I can tell that some people use them, i.e. Azmodan22 and WildGuy, but I cannot figure out if they just go through the tedious process of setting it up themselves, or if there's some way to "switch it on" in Azmodan22's rig.

Basically, it would make my life a million times easier being able to move the pelvis/hand/feet independently and have the other joints in the limb chain after, rather than rotating each individual part to keep them in place.

Any insight on this? The only resources I can find via Google/LoversLab say that they were unsuccessful attempts. I'm a pretty solid animator and would love to demonstrate my skills on LoversLab, but I don't feel like investing THAT much time performing tedious tasks that could be simplified, haha.

Try the rig from here: 

6 minutes ago, Zheur said:

Try the rig from here: 

Thank you sir! I've been using that exact rig. My only problem at this point is figuring out the XML document... Every time I see code my brain shuts down. I've enjoyed the animation, but dang, this might be my end... Something gets lost in between the three different softwares I have to use to get these animations into the game.

You're so close, though. You're just a few copy pastes away. what specifically are you experiencing difficulty with for the XML file? If you post your current .xml I'll be happy to take a look at it and see if there're any errors. Keep it up, you're almost at the end. 

• 9 months later...
On 6/28/2018 at 10:54 PM, DeucesMcGee said:

I love doing these things on my own! This is great thanks! 

• 2 months later...

Glad to see that there are others who are working on animations for WW.....I can "see" the animations, but frankly I *suck* at trying to make ANY animations. (That's why I left the Game Developer degree program for Sociology at College)  Will keep an eye out for those animations!

• 8 months later...

Sorry about the necromancy, but I figure it's better than making a new thread. I just started playing around with making some animations of my own, but I'm struggling with finding information on how to add voices to the animations. I've been googling but can't find anything. Some animations I've seen also seem to have facial expressions that are just like the ones in the game, and I'd quite like that for mine. Is there a tutorial or resource anywhere on how to add these details? I tried making facial expressions in Blender but that was just a mess. lol

• 3 months later...

hey, I just found out about WW and have been using it in my game. I kinda know the basics of animation (I work with video, not 3D) but I have been fiddling around Instagram filter animations, which is basically the same principle used for 3D animations.

I've had a look at the tutorials using blender and I see it might be tricky but feasible. However, from then on all the softwares used are windows based only? Do you know if there is a Mac version for them?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello everyone. I'm new to this sort of thing, not just making mods ... but recently I tried to make a clip and package with 1 animation. Also - sorry for replying to this topic, but I posted my problem some time ago and didn't receive answers.
Here's what I experianced.

1. Regarding Sims 4 Studio:
I cannot change the the value of the Duration (Frame Count X Frame Duration) of Clip/Clip Header in Sims 4 Studio.
I calculated the exact value for my 1 animation, but whenever I tried write the new value and save the change -
Duration resorted to a default number!
I assure you: MY calculation is NOT what the the default Duration number is.
Has anyone experianced something like this - with S4 Studio or other programs?

2. Regarding XML file:
If I make a pack with 1 animation (1 actor), do I have to keep the section of the XML file about "Receiving Actor" (2-4 lines of the code)?
(whatever the type of interation)
Considering the actor's value is "0" since he's the first (and only) actor in the animation.

Any of these problems could be the reason I can't get my 1 animation to work. Also ... I'm terrible at programming! :(
My game is updated, also every program I use (Blender, S4 Studio,  S4PE, Modding Tools).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance!