30 minutes ago, yikes789 said:

I got the quest started and came across Fanar who also has blackface, so I started a new game with v1.4, and Vidkun and Fanar still have blackface.  I don't know what is happening in my game if in yours you don't see it :(  It's probably something with the mods I'm using, though I am at a loss as to what it could be.

I'm going to go back to v1.1 where they are all vanilla and start a new game.  So far as I can tell with v1.1, no one has blackface.  Thank you for taking the time to look into it.

It is really odd, because both Vidkun and Fanar are new NPCs, so they aren't overwritten by anything. I am sorry I can't seem to fix it for you.

if the vanilla hair looks to... um, jarring, I can suggest that you download and install Superior Lore-Friendly Hair. It is an oldrim mod, but works out of the box. Get the Bain installer version, which has all the options. At least it will make the hair look washed...

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, fauiwen said:

How many quests are there in this mod?

The last one I finished is "BE ON YOUR GUARD..." and I didn't receive another one after.

Also, if that one was the last quest, does anyone know any similar mods to this one? I mean quest adventure mods.

The Be On Your Guard quest is the last one. Hope you enjoyed the mod. There are many other quest mods out there, but not specifically for a gay audience.

Hello!  So, I was having problems with the quest progressing.  I was stuck on Blood of a God where you have to "enjoy life in the village with the men" and it wasn't progressing, I did all I could to try to get it to move forward.  So I used that "setstage CVTalos2 40" thing and it asked me to go see Fanar.  The problem is, is that when I try to make the potion, I can't seem to use the items that I bought?  Did I do something wrong to make the quest go buggy?  Or is it that I don't have all of the components for the potion?  I think I don't have the pearl but I'm having a hard time finding that currently...

Edit:  So I used a cheat code to get some pearls and when I tried to make the potion, it doesn't work.  The Blood of Talos potion is acting like a recipe that I don't have the ingredients for.

5 hours ago, Green_Bird said:

Hello!  So, I was having problems with the quest progressing.  I was stuck on Blood of a God where you have to "enjoy life in the village with the men" and it wasn't progressing, I did all I could to try to get it to move forward.  So I used that "setstage CVTalos2 40" thing and it asked me to go see Fanar.  The problem is, is that when I try to make the potion, I can't seem to use the items that I bought?  Did I do something wrong to make the quest go buggy?  Or is it that I don't have all of the components for the potion?  I think I don't have the pearl but I'm having a hard time finding that currently...

Edit:  So I used a cheat code to get some pearls and when I tried to make the potion, it doesn't work.  The Blood of Talos potion is acting like a recipe that I don't have the ingredients for.

Oh yikes, yes... that won't work in this case. Perhaps I should adjust that "cheat" to be a bit more specific. That only works when you have picked up all the ingredients in person. I do hope you have a save from before you used the code. *crosses fingers*

The potion is indeed a recipe and the ingredients are not vanilla items, so you can't add the items that way.

Please get back to me first if you have a save from before you entered the setstage. The answer to how to solve it depends on if you have that or not.

1 hour ago, Vachnic said:

Oh yikes, yes... that won't work in this case. Perhaps I should adjust that "cheat" to be a bit more specific. That only works when you have picked up all the ingredients in person. I do hope you have a save from before you used the code. *crosses fingers*

The potion is indeed a recipe and the ingredients are not vanilla items, so you can't add the items that way.

Please get back to me first if you have a save from before you entered the setstage. The answer to how to solve it depends on if you have that or not.

Unfortunately no, I have this REALLY BAD HABIT of overwriting saves to "keep things neat"...  I was kinda considering starting a new game anyways so I guess I have a reason now...?  Just wondering, could you walk me through starting the process of gathering the ingredients?  I was stuck on the "enjoy life in village with the men" so I thought some vanilla event wasn't triggered yet so I went to every hold to make sure I "triggered" everything but nothing happened...  So I ended up hanging around the village for a while but nothing happened either, was I supposed to do something that would incidentally trigger the next segment of the quest?

40 minutes ago, Green_Bird said:

Unfortunately no, I have this REALLY BAD HABIT of overwriting saves to "keep things neat"...  I was kinda considering starting a new game anyways so I guess I have a reason now...?  Just wondering, could you walk me through starting the process of gathering the ingredients?  I was stuck on the "enjoy life in village with the men" so I thought some vanilla event wasn't triggered yet so I went to every hold to make sure I "triggered" everything but nothing happened...  So I ended up hanging around the village for a while but nothing happened either, was I supposed to do something that would incidentally trigger the next segment of the quest?

Igh, I am sorry about that. I do the same thing though, so don't feel too bad. I usually end up starting a new game then... Which is a good opportunity to try out new mods.

Well, if you are going to start a new game and you get to this stage again, Lortheim will tell you to go "enjoy" (=have sex with) the men in the village, especially the twins (Innkeepers and Manor guards). THAT is the big clue in this case. You have to have sex with the twins a few times for something to trigger. The clues in the quests are pretty straight (gay) forward. Whenever you are asked to do something, it will involve a sex act. The journal entries are to be taken literally. So in this case, just chillaxing in the village will do nothing.

If you decide you don't want to start a new game, let me know and I will send you a list with the quest items you need.

9 minutes ago, Vachnic said:

Igh, I am sorry about that. I do the same thing though, so don't feel too bad. I usually end up starting a new game then... Which is a good opportunity to try out new mods.

Well, if you are going to start a new game and you get to this stage again, Lortheim will tell you to go "enjoy" (=have sex with) the men in the village, especially the twins (Innkeepers and Manor guards). THAT is the big clue in this case. You have to have sex with the twins a few times for something to trigger. The clues in the quests are pretty straight (gay) forward. Whenever you are asked to do something, it will involve a sex act. The journal entries are to be taken literally. So in this case, just chillaxing in the village will do nothing.

If you decide you don't want to start a new game, let me know and I will send you a list with the quest items you need.

Well whenever I talked to folks in the village, they would only ever respond with those one-liners like "hello" or "you've been a good friend to me, that means something".  I never had the option to have sex with ANY of them unless it were through the quest before Blood of a God or through my Hedonism mod.  Maybe I need to reinstall the mod?

1 hour ago, Green_Bird said:

Well whenever I talked to folks in the village, they would only ever respond with those one-liners like "hello" or "you've been a good friend to me, that means something".  I never had the option to have sex with ANY of them unless it were through the quest before Blood of a God or through my Hedonism mod.  Maybe I need to reinstall the mod?

the twins in town should have the option to have sex with them. if not, then there is something wrong. for the other people, you can use a mod like Sextalk or anything else that add the option to initiate sex.

if you don't get the option with the twins, then yes, you may want to reinstall the mod. be sure to do a clean save (as described in the main post) to make sure no remnants get left over.

58 minutes ago, Vachnic said:

the twins in town should have the option to have sex with them. if not, then there is something wrong. for the other people, you can use a mod like Sextalk or anything else that add the option to initiate sex.

if you don't get the option with the twins, then yes, you may want to reinstall the mod. be sure to do a clean save (as described in the main post) to make sure no remnants get left over.

Ok, so I reinstalled the village mod and also your recommended sextalk mod just in case it doesn't want to cooperate with me again.  I'll let you know how it turns out when I get to that quest again(in a new game)!!

I was able to get past the blood of a god quest!! and some of the other ones after that one but now when I try to let the brothers in riften reconcile, after bringing Harrald to his brother the quest kinda ends...  Was that the last quest or no?  The brothers kinda stand there in Harrald's brother's room(sorry forgot his name).  I've tried completing this quest a few times already but nothing seems to happen once I bring Harrald to his brother in the Jarl's quarters.  The brother talks to me as if he should be in jail but he isn't, he's in the Jarl's quarter's which is odd given the way he speaks.  Is that supposed to be that way or did I bug something up again?  I've really enjoyed this mod so far beyond having the issues!

15 hours ago, Green_Bird said:

I was able to get past the blood of a god quest!! and some of the other ones after that one but now when I try to let the brothers in riften reconcile, after bringing Harrald to his brother the quest kinda ends...  Was that the last quest or no?  The brothers kinda stand there in Harrald's brother's room(sorry forgot his name).  I've tried completing this quest a few times already but nothing seems to happen once I bring Harrald to his brother in the Jarl's quarters.  The brother talks to me as if he should be in jail but he isn't, he's in the Jarl's quarter's which is odd given the way he speaks.  Is that supposed to be that way or did I bug something up again?  I've really enjoyed this mod so far beyond having the issues!

hmm, that is odd (again). Once you spoke to Saerlund, you should go talk to Harald and take him up to see Saerlund. You then talk to Saerlund again to get the brothers to talk and a scene should start. You should have a message in the journal that they "at least agreed to talk". If you don't have that message then something went wrong while getting  Harald upstairs. Try talking to Saerlund again and see if you have a quest related dialog option. If not, you can get things moving again by using the console:

Spoiler

Setstage CVTalos5 50

That should start the scene. You don't have to do anything until the scene has played out. You will get another journal entry. After this quest there will be one more.

I am glad you have enjoyed the mod, despite all the bumps in the road.

4 hours ago, Vachnic said:

hmm, that is odd (again). Once you spoke to Saerlund, you should go talk to Harald and take him up to see Saerlund. You then talk to Saerlund again to get the brothers to talk and a scene should start. You should have a message in the journal that they "at least agreed to talk". If you don't have that message then something went wrong while getting  Harald upstairs. Try talking to Saerlund again and see if you have a quest related dialog option. If not, you can get things moving again by using the console:

Hide contents

Setstage CVTalos5 50

That should start the scene. You don't have to do anything until the scene has played out. You will get another journal entry. After this quest there will be one more.

I am glad you have enjoyed the mod, despite all the bumps in the road.

Ah ok, when I spoke to Saerlun after bringing Harald to him, nothing happened besides the whole "What, you want to gloat to me?!" thing.  I'll try out the quest again and see how it goes, thanks for your help!!

Is there any chance of removing the unofficial patch dependency?

Basically Cocksmen Village is the only mod in my load order that requires it.

In the meantime I've had to remove Cocksmen Village due to I refuse to use that unofficial patch a moment longer.

I really do not like the unofficial patch as it's changing vanilla base forms for personal preferences instead of actual fixes.

Not to mention it screws with way to many forms in general for my likings.

For me the unofficial patch eventually causess more trouble then what it fixes.

My game is more stable without that unofficial patch.

All my vanilla containers that are meant to be NoRespawn and Empty are once again as they are meant to be.

I no longer have weird interior distance fog happening in my custom Hearthfire homes..

Basically my game just works better without it, visually and stability wise.

I had the same in Oldrim and LE with those unofficial patches...

When asking why, it's all denial and made it as if it's my imagination or I do not know what I'm talking about.

It's not changed any in SE either..

I see so many people that say "All mods should make it a dependency"..

I'm like HELL NOOOO..

I do not want to get caught up in the whole constant update routine with unofficial patches as it's bad enough with beth update rubbish on it's own.

Edit:

Nvm, I removed the unofficial patch dependency.. all good so far (in brief tests I've run)..

8 hours ago, smashly said:

Is there any chance of removing the unofficial patch dependency?

Basically Cocksmen Village is the only mod in my load order that requires it.

In the meantime I've had to remove Cocksmen Village due to I refuse to use that unofficial patch a moment longer.

I really do not like the unofficial patch as it's changing vanilla base forms for personal preferences instead of actual fixes.

Not to mention it screws with way to many forms in general for my likings.

For me the unofficial patch eventually causess more trouble then what it fixes.

My game is more stable without that unofficial patch.

All my vanilla containers that are meant to be NoRespawn and Empty are once again as they are meant to be.

I no longer have weird interior distance fog happening in my custom Hearthfire homes..

Basically my game just works better without it, visually and stability wise.

I had the same in Oldrim and LE with those unofficial patches...

When asking why, it's all denial and made it as if it's my imagination or I do not know what I'm talking about.

It's not changed any in SE either..

I see so many people that say "All mods should make it a dependency"..

I'm like HELL NOOOO..

I do not want to get caught up in the whole constant update routine with unofficial patches as it's bad enough with beth update rubbish on it's own.

Edit:

Nvm, I removed the unofficial patch dependency.. all good so far (in brief tests I've run)..

You should be able to just remove the dependency yourself. Basically all it does is add some scripts that aren't affecting this mod. I just added the dependency as a "better safe than sorry" kinda thing, because the LE version already had it as a dependency when I "took over" the mod.

So I would say, you can removed the dependency without major issues through the CK. I am not sure if you can remove it with SEEdit?

hi there this looks like a really good mod, i think i installed it properly but i dont understand how to convert masculized level lists using the creation tool heres a guide i found:

You will need to download the Skyrim Special Edition Creation Kit which can be found on the Bethesda Launcher.

http://download.cdp.bethesda.net/BethesdaNetLauncher_Setup.exe

2. After starting it will unpack all the Creation Kit files and tools in your "Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition" folder.

3. Download your favorite Animation mod from Old Skyrim Nexus. 

4. Run this file through Nexus Mod Manager picking which Animations you want.

5. Now download the "converttoskyrimSE.bat" Batch file from the "Files" section.

6. Go to Skyrim Special Edition/Tools/HavokBehaviorPostProcess and copy the HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe file and paste it to the folder Skyrim Special Editon/Data/Meshes/Actors/character/animations..Now drop "converttoskyrimse.bat" in the folder.

9. Click on "convertoskyrimse.bat" and wait for it to finish.

NOTE: You will need to do this with Male or Female folders as well as 1st Person Animations,Behaviors same process as above.

10. Profit! 

i dont understand if i need to run the MCLL (masculized level lists) through NMM or i need to run another through it because i just get the error that i dont have oldrim installed/ i dont have NMM set up to handle, thank you for any assistance

image.png

image.png

8 hours ago, mysticspellcock said:

hi there this looks like a really good mod, i think i installed it properly but i dont understand how to convert masculized level lists using the creation tool heres a guide i found:

[snipped]

Hey Mystic,

Masculinized Level Lists isn't a requirement for this mod. It is just a suggested mod which will make most randomly generated NPCs (bandits etc) male. It is not an animation mod. Nor does it add NPC's to the game. It just causes most random NPCs to be male. That is it.

I have put the "need to convert to SE" message up there for the purists. As far as I know, you can just install the Oldrim version of the mod (all 3 seperate files), without having to convert them.

I have tried to contact the creator of the mod for permission to distribute a modified version for SE, but (s)he hasn't come back to me yet. Converting it is really simple: download the Creation Kit for SE, install the 3 files from Masculinized Level Lists (MLL) with NMM, open the Creation kit (takes a while, be patient), then select the first of the MLL files, doubleclick to get an X next to it, click the "Set as active file" button and load it up. Once it is done loading (ignore all the many, many error messages), just save the file. No need to edit anything else. Then repeat the process for the other two. Done. Basically, just open with CK, select and save.

Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, Grestorn said:

Sorry if this has been asked a 100 times over... Since I'm on Skyrim VR, I can now use SKSE and SkyUI, but still not SexLab SSE, I have to use SexLab Light for the time being. Would this mop work with SL Light, too?

That is a very good question. I honestly have no idea. I have never used SexLab Light so I don't know what the differences are.

You can always try of course. Just be sure make a save-file before installing the mod that you can use if it doesn't work.

I am kinda stuck in the Love Thy Brother quest with Harald and Saerlund, I have both brothers upstairs but the scene won't trigger they both stare at me. In my journal the Return to Saerlund is marked as checked, and I don't have any dialog option left for this quest.

12 hours ago, Raulz0r said:

I am kinda stuck in the Love Thy Brother quest with Harald and Saerlund, I have both brothers upstairs but the scene won't trigger they both stare at me. In my journal the Return to Saerlund is marked as checked, and I don't have any dialog option left for this quest.

Hmm. You are the second person who has an issue at that point. I checked everything related to it when it first came up and couldn't find anything that would cause the quest to stop.

I will have a look at it again.

In the meantime you can use the console to forward the quest by using:

Spoiler

open the console with the ~ key

type in Setstage CVTalos5 50

enter

close console with ~key

This should start a pre-scripted scene. let the scene play out and it will progress normally again.