Need advice and guidance on mods.

Helpless

So I've pretty much modded Skyrim to absolute breaking point countless times so I'm no stranger to the standard procedure. 

But Fallout New Vegas feels somewhat more daunting starting off in it, I'm having trouble getting a consensus on a list of essential mods to enhance gameplay experience that would carry it into 2018. 

Essentially what I'm looking for are things that make the game look and feel better with the realism that only loverslab deviants such as yourselves can bring to the table. I'm not concerned about new fan made quests as of yet, it's been years since I played the game when it came out and I can't rightly remember the real plot points so I don't need new quests. 

I'm sure there's probably been a forum post like this before so I'm asking for links to a list of mods you would agree is rather necessary but also I'd like the ease of only having to DL it and put it in my mod manager. There's a few videos on youtube that have given me an idea of what to shoot for but on the same vids lots of incompatible mods are listed together and I just find that sets a poor precedence and makes me nervous from trying to fix it up. 

Thank you in advance. 

Gopher's nice if you've never modded before, but he's soooo slow to me now. That and it's 2018, I'm familiar with how to mod, I just want to know what mods I need. His tutorials at this stage, are surely rather outdated. 

EDIT: I just skimmed the first couple of videos too and most of the links are dead. And he doesn't cover anything from Loverslab. 

This is me being lazy, but this is from a list I posted yesterday in the Sexout-Section, but that work for any playthrough.

Mod managers like: Nexus Mod Manager(NMM), Mod Organizer, FOMM

LOOT. Can help you sort plugins (*.esm and *.esp)

NVSE (=OBSE/SKSE for Fallout)

NVSE Extender

JIP NVSE Plugin

MCM (The Mod Configuration Menu)

CASM for automating the saving.

4GB solution like 4GB Fallout New Vegas Updated or FNV 4GB Patcher

New Vegas Anti Crash (NVAC)

New Vegas Stutter Remover !!Windows 10 users must follow the settings suggested by redmaxblower on the Nexus posts of the same mod’s page. Otherwise the game will crash every 10 minutes or so!!

SmallerTalk or SmallTalk. I only use SmallerTalk, as I find SmallTalk too limited.

Nude bodies for males and females.

– – Astymma Compatability Skeleton Required for Sexout animations and Bouncing Natural Breasts etc. Lots of body-mods overwrite the Skeleton with their version which is bad. So make sure to reinstall the Compatibility Skeleton as last mod.

– – Suggested for male are Breezes or Robert’s

– – For females are a ton of choices. Most popular are Type 3, Type 3M, Type 6, Type N

– – – Bouncing natural breasts (BNB) ‘Animations’ to make breasts bounce

Add to that YUP (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664) to fix Obsidian bugs.

Project Nevada is also a very good mod to add realism.

If you like Skyrim's way of getting skillpoints, you might want to look at "Practice Makes Perfect"..

I don't know about none-sex mods on this site, as I usually get those from NexusMods.

• 1 month later...

Archived