Is TSR WorkShop safe to use?

Is TSR WorkShop safe to use because when I try to install it my antivirus says it's an unsafe program or A virus.I wont to use something to add adult pictures and movie posters to the game and if it is safe is it easy to use because i'm not that smart I wish The Sims 3 had the painting option like in The Sims 2.

many anti-virus/malware programs view anything that changes another program's basic structure or access it an unusual way as a virus. which is what a lot of third-party content editors do.
and sometimes they give a false positive if the program you're installing does something like connecting you to a particular website/online database (i've seen similar issues with the Wowhead Looter/Client in the past, and it's approved by Blizzard as "safe")

as long as TSR doesn't get hacked and you're smart/careful about the content you download and install, you should be good.

if it gets too annoying, though, you should be able to set up an exception in the AV's settings so that it won't keep throwing a fit when you try to use/install/update the Workshop

Of course, it's a safe application, unless you downloaded the program on another site, but if you downloaded the program on the right site, then it should be fine, but you could quickly scan the program from the antivirus program your using to see what is actually wrong with it.

Archived