Sims 4 Gender Guide (WIP)

Hi, i've been working on a gender guide for the Sims 4 to explain the gender system the game uses and give recommendations on how to make gender diverse Sims. I want some suggestions for CC I could list, and advice I could give.

https://ts4.neocities.org/

The website is hosted on Neocities and made using Twine. I hope for it to gain traction outside the adult nsfw simming community as well, so there is a toggle fo adult content. It's very WIP and shows some signs of this (such as there being blocks of copy-pasted text all over the place). And not all the information is there yet. It's a bit ugly, but it won't be forever. When it is done, I would appreciate people spreading it around on a lot of different websites.

Things i'm looking for:

• CAS parts which add secondary sex characteristics onto Sims.
  • Content which fixes problems with the gender patch.
  • Content which adds new means of gender expression to the game.
  • Inside knowledge of Sims games, or people correcting my mistakes. (But if there is something obvious I have missed, I may not have written it out yet, because it is a WIP)
  • Ask me questions, or questions you believe to be common about the patch, for me to answer on the website.
  • Anything else you think would be helpful! I would deeply appreciate any help I can get!

Things i'm not looking for:

• I am not sure if I should list clothes, unless they have something to do with gender expression. Feel free to suggest them, but I am not sure? We'll see.
  • Content made to reinforce a gender binary.
  • I won't be listing any Wicked Whims animations, or pose player posepacks.
  • Unisexed CAS parts which were made before July 2016. Most were obsoleted by the gender patch, and not helpful to me. There are exceptions to this.
  • I know the Sims 4 Studio section is woefully unfinished, thanks. I will get around to it, don't worry!

Also, please check the website before making suggestions, for your own sake! Don't go to the work of chasing down links for me, if it's content I already know about. Adult content can be toggled on and off, and defaults to not being shown, so do a sweep thru with adult content being shown just to make sure. (There is a little note in the bottom of the website footer saying 'Adult content is on', so you will know if it is. There is no footer message if it is off.)

Donate to my Ko-Fi if you enjoy the site! It took a lot of work to write out the information on how the gender patch works. https://ko-fi.com/hbaabw You do not need a Ko-Fi membership or anything, you just need to have a paypal account. If you can donate to a patreon, you can donate to me. The difference is that Ko-Fi is a one-off payment, so there is no reason not to throw me some cash.

Also, donate to the creators featured as well! Spread the wealth around!

Thanks a lot, that was really helpful, i didn't know about the console command to get boobs, that's just awesome :).

When i add boobs with the cheat i get the vanilla orange bra instead of nude when removing clothes, any way to fix that?

Also is there any way to have an always flaccid penis, no erections when doing sex? To simulate a transgender that goes heavy on estrogens?

5 hours ago, uriel1987 said:

Thanks a lot, that was really helpful, i didn't know about the console command to get boobs, that's just awesome :).

When i add boobs with the cheat i get the vanilla orange bra instead of nude when removing clothes, any way to fix that?

Also is there any way to have an always flaccid penis, no erections when doing sex? To simulate a transgender that goes heavy on estrogens?

Mostly, tops with breasts are disabled for male Sims, because they cannot get breasts without cheats (and those cheats are not well known). You will need to enable a nude top with breasts for all genders using Sims 4 Studio in order to use it. Which is a process I haven't written a tutorial for yet.

I will get to it, but check this thread on the official Sims 4 Studio forums for a rundown, for now. http://sims4studio.com/post/50902/thread

I don't think there's an easy option in Wickedwhims to disable boners. I would play around in the advanced settings, which will mess with how all Sims have sex. I would make a CAS outfit featuring the flaccid anatomy you want your Sim to have, and disable auto-undressing to prevent other penises from taking over? There is no easier solution I can think of.

1 hour ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

Mostly, tops with breasts are disabled for male Sims, because they cannot get breasts without cheats (and those cheats are not well known). You will need to enable a nude top with breasts for all genders using Sims 4 Studio in order to use it. Which is a process I haven't written a tutorial for yet.

I will get to it, but check this thread on the official Sims 4 Studio forums for a rundown, for now. http://sims4studio.com/post/50902/thread

I don't think there's an easy option in Wickedwhims to disable boners. I would play around in the advanced settings, which will mess with how all Sims have sex. I would make a CAS outfit featuring the flaccid anatomy you want your Sim to have, and disable auto-undressing to prevent other penises from taking over? There is no easier solution I can think of.

I am a bit confused, I have WW and the option to select whether as sim has a penis or not and if I create a male sim with a female frame the sim will preform female ww actions with a flaccid anatomy without disabling auto-undressing.

5 hours ago, MiniGiles said:

I am a bit confused, I have WW and the option to select whether as sim has a penis or not and if I create a male sim with a female frame the sim will preform female ww actions with a flaccid anatomy without disabling auto-undressing.

I don't play Wicked Whims with anything approaching the default settings, and the WW documentation on the WW website has no information about under which circumstances a Sim gets an erection. I made the assumption that a Sim would get an erection when it is needed for animations. So from that information, I assumed disabling auto-undressing was the only way. I also don't quite understand what you mean by "female WW actions"?

40 minutes ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

I don't play Wicked Whims with anything approaching the default settings, and the WW documentation on the WW website has no information about under which circumstances a Sim gets an erection. I made the assumption that a Sim would get an erection when it is needed for animations. So from that information, I assumed disabling auto-undressing was the only way. I also don't quite understand what you mean by "female WW actions"?

From what I understand the conditions for erections are pretty much as follows, sim must be listed as having a penis, sim must be in condition of either actively preforming WW animations or a situation that triggers "lust, and must be in a state of undress to allow for a recognized penis mesh to be used.

When I say female WW actions, I mean animations Modders have created and coded for sims recognized in the system gender wise as female or a least lacking a penis by default WW settings. I guess when you says you do not use WW with default settings these restrictions on what animations a sim will use does not happen but for those that do not alter the settings too much by default a sim designated by the system as "female" willl take the "female" roll in most male/female animations and will not have the option to preform any animations that are created for male only or for male/male couplings.

3 hours ago, MiniGiles said:

From what I understand the conditions for erections are pretty much as follows, sim must be listed as having a penis, sim must be in condition of either actively preforming WW animations or a situation that triggers "lust, and must be in a state of undress to allow for a recognized penis mesh to be used.

When I say female WW actions, I mean animations Modders have created and coded for sims recognized in the system gender wise as female or a least lacking a penis by default WW settings. I guess when you says you do not use WW with default settings these restrictions on what animations a sim will use does not happen but for those that do not alter the settings too much by default a sim designated by the system as "female" willl take the "female" roll in most male/female animations and will not have the option to preform any animations that are created for male only or for male/male couplings.

Alright then. Thanks for the info, if it is relevant to the guide, I wil write it in.

Thats what I hoped you meant by female animations. I am just so used to people using inaccurate terminology because there is a lot of confusion over how Sim genders work. You could have been using the terms inaccurately, so I was not sure. But I have made one WW animation and am therefore an expect with the gender settings set inside the XML. (I'm joking, lol.) Thanks for the information.

It is a shame erections do not work with "female" animations. There are situations where a Sim may be wearing a strap-on, or using Noir's f*tanari penis, where animated dicks on Sims with vaginas would be really cool. It is also a shame Wicked Whims does not have animated vaginas, but this is just becoming my wish-list so I will stop talking.

I may write this info into my guide, if people would find it interesting. Please "like" this post if you would like to see this info in the guide.

Looking at the cheats section, I believe that we need a female skin that supports not having breasts and a male skin that does support having breasts. Without those the cheats/traits just make them look incorrect due to the way the default skins work.

I don't know if anyone has even made these yet.

Update:

Minor updates:

• Cleaned up the site, there should be no more bits of stray text blocks. Fixed some spelling/grammar errors.
    • I think I can call this version of site done? I will still be maintaining it, but it's no longer in a very rough state.
  • More content warnings! More!
  • It is patch day, so now is a bad time to be installing CC...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's an issue with the equipping the trait for Breasts for a masculine character with a male frame. I've been trying to do so and equipping the breast binder accessory, but I cannot unequip the top without defaulting to the 'default under'. Nude mods, as far as I know, either don't work, or equip the 'feminine' version of the topless frame, which isn't what I'm looking for. There's no problem with showering, though, the character has a masculine frame with breasts when showering or naked, undressing in CAS is just not possible.

Been trying to use Sims 4 Studio to fix it, but it doesn't seem to work.

Hopefully someone will make a mod to fix that. I have no idea how to do so with just Sims 4 Studio.

9 hours ago, Desol28 said:

There's an issue with the equipping the trait for Breasts for a masculine character with a male frame. I've been trying to do so and equipping the breast binder accessory, but I cannot unequip the top without defaulting to the 'default under'. Nude mods, as far as I know, either don't work, or equip the 'feminine' version of the topless frame, which isn't what I'm looking for. There's no problem with showering, though, the character has a masculine frame with breasts when showering or naked, undressing in CAS is just not possible.

Been trying to use Sims 4 Studio to fix it, but it doesn't seem to work.

Hopefully someone will make a mod to fix that. I have no idea how to do so with just Sims 4 Studio.

First of all, the Seasons Patch (released after I wrote this guide) has apparently affected some cheat codes, so I would try installing this mod. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=614263

Also, I would make sure the 'nudity assurance switch' in WW is turned off.

Now, I tried to recreate this problem myself. I made a new male sim with a masculine frame, brought them a house, and started the game. I followed my own instructions to put in the cheat, and went into CAS. The cheat had worked, and the sim had his breasts. When I equipped the binder, the Sim still had the breasts. When I took off the binder, the Sim still had his breasts. I messed around for a bit, but I got non-stop boobs, which is what I expected to happen. If you are losing the boobs, I am not sure what the difference in our games is? I didn't create any of these cheats and mods, so I am as lost as you are in this situation, i'm afraid. I will still try and help you through it, but know where I am coming from.

I don't use any default top overrides, but I don't know if those would make a difference.

The binder accessory linked on the site is a non-functional accessory, so it shouldn't be doing anything other than cosmetics. Is that the one you are using? And if so, does your Sim have similar issues with any other accessories? (Any gloves, leggings, or socks?)

2 hours ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

Now, I tried to recreate this problem myself. I made a new male sim with a masculine frame, brought them a house, and started the game. I followed my own instructions to put in the cheat, and went into CAS. The cheat had worked, and the sim had his breasts. When I equipped the binder, the Sim still had the breasts. When I took off the binder, the Sim still had his breasts. I messed around for a bit, but I got non-stop boobs, which is what I expected to happen. If you are losing the boobs, I am not sure what the difference in our games is? I didn't create any of these cheats and mods, so I am as lost as you are in this situation, i'm afraid. I will still try and help you through it, but know where I am coming from.

I think I probably said something wrong. When I try to 'x' out the top, I get the bra that females wear (the red one) by default in a game that doesn't have nude mods. I haven't found a way to mod the game so that a character defined as male by the game, with a masculine frame, but with the breasts trait equipped, can go topless and have the game keep it that way. (Copying over the bathing suit outfit using the Outfit Copytools mod makes the sim nude on both top and bottom, but the game 'turns' back on the underwear of the top half when the sim steps into CAS. Strangely, the bottom remains nude, though.)

I have never installed WickedWhims, but I've tried to do so, and turned off the nudity assurance switch. No change, unfortunately.

The binder is a non-functional accessory, but I wished it was a top or something. At least it'll bypass the issue regarding being unable to unequip the top. It's not an issue of being unable to wear it, but being unable to have it be the only thing on the sim's top half.

Thanks for the help. I hope in the future, someone smarter than me can support sims like these.

EDIT: I found a very strange workaround. Edit a male sim with a masculine body without breasts to the outfit I'm looking for, then copy it over by MC Command Center. It probably will revert itself if I step an inch into CAS, but it's better than nothing.

EDIT 2: The change reverts even if I modify ANOTHER sim in CAS. It's not a very good solution.

50 minutes ago, Desol28 said:

Thanks for the help. I hope in the future, someone smarter than me can support sims like these.

I just assume everyone on these forums has wickedwhims installed. My mistake. If you do not have it installed I don't think installing it will make a difference.

In the base EA game, female Sims cannot go topless. I assume what is happening here is that EA sees a sim has breasts, and puts the bra on them. So I think this CAS part might help get rid of the bra? You need to equip it in CAS, insted of the default bra. I tested it in my game and it seemed to work ok, but let me know! https://jfc-sims.tumblr.com/post/147843884390/nudes-for-all-for-females-and-males-teenelder

I checked my old defaults, and I think I have some of Cmar's old stuff in there. I don't know if its the best option nowadays, and I don't remember exactly what bits I downloaded, this is not a strong recommendation try the other mod I linked insted. http://cmarnyc.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-sims-4-anatomy-mod-penis-3d-nipples.html

16 hours ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

I just assume everyone on these forums has wickedwhims installed. My mistake. If you do not have it installed I don't think installing it will make a difference.

In the base EA game, female Sims cannot go topless. I assume what is happening here is that EA sees a sim has breasts, and puts the bra on them. So I think this CAS part might help get rid of the bra? You need to equip it in CAS, insted of the default bra. I tested it in my game and it seemed to work ok, but let me know! https://jfc-sims.tumblr.com/post/147843884390/nudes-for-all-for-females-and-males-teenelder

I checked my old defaults, and I think I have some of Cmar's old stuff in there. I don't know if its the best option nowadays, and I don't remember exactly what bits I downloaded, this is not a strong recommendation try the other mod I linked insted. http://cmarnyc.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-sims-4-anatomy-mod-penis-3d-nipples.html

The first mod you linked is interesting. For me, it works in CAS, but it doesn't 'stick' in live gameplay, reverting to the red bra, nudity part assurance of WW or otherwise. If it sticks in live gameplay for you, it's probably a mod issue on my end. I do have the latest mod of MC Command Center, and OutfitTools.

EDIT: I got it to work! The JFC mod just needed a tweaking in S4S to remove the 'restrict opposite gender' tag from both nude top pieces!

• 1 month later...

I've updated the site! This amazing piece of CC inspired me to do so. https://pigeonhome.tumblr.com/post/176734100683/pigeonhome-functional-binder-by-pigeonhome-i

I have also cleaned up some information, and strengthened the adult content disclaimer. I made an attempt to have the site save your settings, but I don't think it worked out. And maybe other things? I've been drip feeding minor updates for the past while, so check it out.

Your link to the functional binder seems to be missing the "-wanted-a-binder" part at the end, so it just takes you to a "can't find this url" page. You can still find it if you go their download page, but some people might assume that the cc was deleted.

10 hours ago, NayaDove said:

Your link to the functional binder seems to be missing the "-wanted-a-binder" part at the end, so it just takes you to a "can't find this url" page. You can still find it if you go their download page, but some people might assume that the cc was deleted.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have fixed this now!

• 1 month later...

Just for personal curiosity. I want to replace the male sim body with the female sim body (globally for all sims)

I have BETTER BODY - May 13 Feet update 1.6.6 and wild_guy's FemaleDefaultNudeSkin.package (I ignored the rest of the packages in that mod). I also have s4pe_V0.5.3-beta

If I wanted to edit (purely for my personal use, not for any redistributions) packages to get the default male body and textures to be replaced with the female Better Body and Hiroki's female Better Body and wild_guy's female default body textures (respectively), how would I do this? 

Archived