[Tutorial Posted] The Painted Lady: Color-Matching Pubic Hairs

[Tutorial Posted] The Painted Lady: Color-Matching Pubic Hairs

View File

The Painted Lady

Color-Matching Pubic Hairs

main.thumb.jpg.fe2a5d2a729bab011bf9b3c2f30a5a84.jpg

[ ABOUT ]

The Painted Lady adds 3D pubic hairs that can be selected in the Character Customization menu via the "Hairs Additional" slider located under the "Hairs" category.  The pubic hairs matches color with the main (head) hair.

There are 5 different options (appearing in this order):

1. Hairless
  2. Bush
  3. Landing Strip
  4. Untamed
  5. Wild

The pubic hairs can be added to NPCs and Followers and match their own hair color.  Some work is required especially for NPCs with custom faces created with Enhanced Character Edit or RaceMenu.

[ ABOUT Version 2.0 ]

Previous versions only had 1 set of hairs.  Version 2 now provides 8 sets (4 CBBE variants + 4 UNP variants) for use with NPCs and Followers whether they share the same body or are standalone (use their own body separate from other NPCs and the playable character).  Currently available sets:

• PLHairs_C1 (CBBE Curvy)
  • PLHairs_C2 (CBBE Slim)
  • PLHairs_C3 (Cosio)
  • PLHairs_C4 (CBBE Chubby)
  • PLHairs_U1 (UNP)
  • PLHairs_U2 (UNPB)
  • PLHairs_U3 (UNP Petite)
  • PLHairs_U4 (7B Original) 
  • PLPlayer (for the Playable Character)

If you want to add pubic hairs for your own custom bodyslide body, all you need to do is transfer the pubic meshes to one of the folder (CBBE -> CBBE or UUNP ->UUNP) and overwrite the default meshes.  Also the pubic set for the player is separated in it's own folder so as to prevent being overwritten when creating custom, morphed pubic hairs with Bodyslide for NPCs and Followers.

Previous versions had a master file for human and Elven races with an optional master file for Beast races.  Version 2 uses only 1 master file which is compatible with ALL playable races.

[ FILES ]____________________

[ MAIN ]

• Painted Lady Redone Color-Matching Pubic Hairs v2.0.7z

REQUIREMENTS

None

INSTALLATION

Option #1:  Install with a mod manager of choice.

Option #2:  Manually install by extracting the 7zip archive and copying the contents (folders + master file) of "00 MAIN" and pasting them in your Skyrim Data folder.

There are no special load orders.

[ OPTIONS ]

Pubic Hair Textures

• PaintedLady Darker Pube Textures by Z0mBieP00Nani.7z
  • PaintedLady LESS  Darker Pube Textures by Z0mBieP00Nani.7z

REQUIREMENTS

• Painted Lady main files pre-installed.

INSTALLATION

Choose one of the dark pube textures and install with a mod manager.  Allow overwriting of the default textures.

Manually install by extracting the 7zip archive and copy the Texture folder and paste in your Skyrim Data folder.  Allow overwriting of the default textures.

[ MISCELLANEOUS ]

Bodyslide Presets

• LUSH (CBBE) by Samisme74

• UUNP Conversions by Slash197

REQUIREMENTS

• Bodyslide/Outfit Studio

INSTALLATION

• For LUSH (CBBE)
  1. Extract the archive and copy the "CalientTools"  folder and paste/merge with the "CalienteTools" folder from Bodyslide.
  2. Copy the "Meshes" folder and paste/merge where you have the Painted Lady main folder installed.

• For UUNP
  1. Extract the archive and copy the "BodySlide" folder and paste within the "CalienteTools" folder from Bodyslide; merge the "BodySlide" folders.

[ TUTORIAL ]____________________

How to Safely Add Pubic Hairs to Custom NPC Replacers and Followers

[ CREDITS ]____________________

DorkDiva and NuclearSatan (Bush/Wild/Landing Strip hair meshes)
B3lisario (SKSE plugin and mod plugin)
Vioxsis "Venu Vio, ftw!" (Untamed hair meshes)
Z0mBieP00Nani (dark and less dark texture options)

Markdf (SkyProc Patcher)

Samisme74 (CBBE Bodyslide)

Slash197 (UUNP Bodyslide)
Thanks to Camila, JaFinmongrab, and Xuniana for helping with testing.

[ PERMISSIONS ]____________________

You are permitted to upload this mod to another site provided credit is given to the authors here.
You are permitted to use assets from this mod provided credit is given to the authors here.

TUTORIAL

How to Add Pubic Hairs to Followers and NPC Replacers While Preserving Their Custom Faces.

NPC replacers and Followers that have faces created with Enhanced Character Edit or RaceMenu suffer the problem with the facegens ‘breaking’ (all custom morphs being removed) when modifying their head parts then recreating the facegens in the Creation Kit (CTRL+F4 command). There were no reliable solution other than have a copy of the CME save or JSON save (from the author of the Follower or NPC replacer) and modifying those files in-game, export the head, and add to the NPC before creating the new facegen.

This tutorial will demonstrate how to modify a custom NPC, by adding a Painted Lady pubic hair, while preserving the custom face and head morphs contained in the facegen.

TOOLS NEEDED 

MODS REQUIRED 

• Painted Lady Redone v2.0

This tutorial will use Seranaholic (v1.5) as an example.  Seranaholic is a Serana beautification mod by rxkx22.  Her face was created with ECE.

Since she uses her own body, I have given her the UNPB body with the Painted Lady (UUNP) wild, pubic hair style.

Even though I use Mod Organizer, I prefer working directly from the Skyrim Data folder for most of my projects especially when the Creation Kit is involved.

The Painted Lady and Seranaholic is installed in my Data folder which I'll be modifying.  Backup copies are kept in a Project folder separate from the Skyrim installation.  The backups are for 2 reasons:

1. If I make an irreversible mistake with the files in my Data folder, I can copy the backup files and overwrite the mistakes.
  2. Some of the steps in this tutorial requires the original plugin and facegen NIF file.

STEP #1 

Tools:  Creation Kit.

Objective:  Adding the pubic hair to Serana's headparts list (as Facial Hair).

Spoiler

Open the Creation Kit and when selecting the plugin to edit, select the following:

• PubicMeshColorRE.esm (to add as a dependency)
  • Serana.esp (to modify)

Make sure Serana.esp is 'Set As Active File' to be able to save any modifications.

e01.thumb.png.a66b06cdb9edecf969b95edb206e33e1.png

Wait until CK is done loading all of the records. 

In the tree-view list in the left panel, expand ACTORS > Actor > Actor.  In the filter box above type, "Serana".  Serana's record (DLC1Serana) should appear in the main window.

e02.thumb.png.88124ccdb8ecb2e3d4487205b47d76aa.png

Double-click the record and her Actor Form will appear.  Select the CHARACTER GEN PARTS tab.  The section that will be edited is the BASE HEAD PARTS list.

Notice there are no headparts for FACIAL HAIR in the list.  This will change when adding the pubic hair.

e03a.thumb.png.701fdcc9bf1799b16736675277a44ef6.png

Without closing the Actor Form, return to the tree-view list in the left panel and go to ACTORS > Character > HeadPart > Female.  In the filter box above delete "Serana" and type, "Pubic".  The Painted Lady Headpart records will appear in the main window.

e03b.thumb.png.d97f6a7990c956efb0d0b4bbd1588e75.png

I'm going to give Serana the (UUNP) Wild pubic style.  The headpart record for that style is "PubicHairWild_U2".

Resize the main window so that you can see the list of pubic records AND Serana's Actor form.  What needs to be done is select the "PubicHairWild_U2" record and drag it the Actor form then drop the record into the BASE HEAD PARTS list.  The Wild, pubic hairs is now added to Serana's headpart list as FACIAL HAIR.

e03c.thumb.png.a7dd56bf6ef225f5b84446413add88fe.png

Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the Actor Form.

Save the modification to the plugin.

Time to create a new facegen that now contains the pubic hair.

In the tree-view list, return to ACTORS > Actor > Actor and type, "Serana", iin the filter box.  Single-click on "DLC1Serana" record to highlight it then click CTRL+F4 to start the facegen creation process.

If seeing any errors, choose the "Yes to All' button to dismiss the warnings.

The Creation Kit should successfully create the new facegeom (NIF) and facetint (DDS/TGA).  The new files will overwrite the original files that are installed in the Data folder.

Exit CK.

Finally, rename the edited plugin.  I renamed Serana.esp to Serana_new.esp.  This is important and will be explained in Step #3.

STEP #1 is done.

STEP #2 

Tools:  Nifskope.

Objective:  Checking the new facegeom for the new headpart (pubic hair).

Spoiler

The facegeom is located in MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > FACEGENDATA > FACEGEOM > DAWNGUARD.ESM.  Look for file "00002b6c.nif" ("00002b6c" is Serana's FormID.  The facetint has the same FormID as file name).

e04a.png.7e4309d25a50a9ae20a83d766f0824cf.png

Open the NIF with Nifskope and if STEP #1 was successful, you will see the pubic hair mesh.

e04b.thumb.png.954b88f31b544916febbdd0cc77505c5.png

Exit Nifskope.

STEP #2 is done.

STEP #3 

Tools:  TES5edit + Nif Merge Export Headparts Script.

Objective:  Creating a Headparts CSV file for use with Nif Merge.

Spoiler

This step requires the original Serana plugin to be installed in the Data folder.  Only the plugin, no other original files.  This is why the edited Serana plugin needed to be renamed.

If you have TES5edit installed, proceed to install the Export Headparts script by copying the PAS file (Export Headparts.pas) and pasting it in TES5edit's EDIT SCRIPTS subfolder.

Launch TES5edit and you will be presented with a list of all master and plugins in your Data folder.  Right-click in the list and choose "Select None" to uncheck all files.  Now select both Serana.esp and Serana_new.esp and click on the "OK" button.  The Painted Lady master will be loaded automatically since it is now a dependency for Serana_new.esp.

e05a.thumb.png.70fb8a8fc3b8c346fd6bf24285413ef9.png

When TES5edit is done loading all records, select both Serana.esp and Serana_new.esp in left panel.  Right-click on the plugins and, from the list, choose, "Apply Scripts".  A new window will appear.

Click on the scripts drop-down list and look for "Export Headparts".  Click on "OK" to execute the script.

e05b.thumb.png.9cb953cb7765d2d20a2a64c9f70d0a64.png

When done, a new file will be created in TES5edit's folder.  This is the HeadParts.csv that will be used with Nif Merge.

Exit TES5edit.

At this point, you can delete the original plugin (Serana.esp) and rename the edited plugin back to it's original name.  Keep a backup copy of the edited plugin as nothing else needs to be done to it during the remainder of the tutorial.  This is what will be used in your game in place of the original plugin.

STEP #3 is done.

STEP #4 

Tools:  Nif Merge.

Objective:  Merging the Source Headparts with the Target Headparts.  This replaces the 'broken' headparts with the original while keeping the pubic hair.

Spoiler

First, you need to open Nif Merge's folder and move the default Headparts.csv to a backup location.

Second, you need to move the new Headparts.csv from TES5edits folder into Nif Merge's folder.

Third, you will need both the original facegen NIF and the edited facegen NIF.  Do not place both in the same folder; use separate folders, one labeled "source" and the other labeled "target".  Place the original NIF in the "source" folder and the edited NIF in the "target" folder.

The CSV contains a list of all headparts from both the original facegen NIF and the new facegen NIF.  Nif Merge uses the list to correctly identify and merge the blocks from the source NIF to the target NIF, overwriting some while leaving others untouched (in this case the pubic hairs).

Start Nif Merge and drag and drop the Source NIF into the left window (Source NPC Face Model) then drag and drop the Target NIF into the right Window (Target NPC Face Model).

e06a.thumb.png.e3b8cd3f4bafeb0a11cacb02c6c69fa5.png

You will see a warning in the bottom left of the Nif Merge window.  To fix this, click on the "Match by Vertex" button.  You will see a new message, "The source and target files seem compatible to be merged".

e06b.thumb.png.371bd14bd46fc1b9a77a36c7a81eaf65.png

You might see some of the fields empty and Merge checkboxes not selected.  For the missing headpart elements (Type), click on the empty field until a drop-down list appears.  Select the correct type for the headpart.

Select the Merge checkboxes for the Target headpart that will merge with the Source headpart.  Definitely select the pubic hair headpart, in this case, PubicHairsWild_U2.

Click on the "Merge to Target" button to add the original headparts from the Source NIF to the Target NIF.

Alternatively, click on the "Merge Model As..." button to merge the 2 NIFs into a new file.

I use "Merge to Target".  I'm crazy like that.

A new Target NIF is created in the Target folder with a backup of the unmerged Target NIF.  Keep the backup if you need to run it through Nif Merge again.

Keep both the Source NIF and newly merged Target NIF in their respective folders.  They will be needed for STEP #5.

Exit Nif Merge.

STEP #4 is done.

STEP #5 

Tools:  Nif Path Extractor.

Objective:  Fixing the texture path for headparts affected during the merging process.

Spoiler

Nif Merge will not correctly transfer the texture path of certain headparts to the target NIF.  You will need to edit those incorrect texture paths using the source NIF as reference.

One option is to open each NIF is separate instances of Nifskope and compare the data in BSShaderTextureSet making the necessary changes.

Another method is to use Path Extractor to create a list of headparts and their texture paths, edit the target NIF's list then use Path Extractor to use the edited list to make the corrections in the target NIF.

Move the Source folder and Target folder (from STEP #4) into Nif Path Extractor's main folder.

Copy the original facegen NIF and paste it into Path Extractor's parent folder (containing the Path Extractor.exe). 

Path Extractor runs from the command line so you will need to open the Windows terminal.  I'm using Windows 8.1 so what I do is open Path Extractor's parent folder with Windows Explorer then go to FILE > Open Command Prompt > Open Command Prompt.

Path Extractor's folder will now be open in the terminal.

e07a.png.52f0698d7f022bb23b506f2c503b1c10.png

To create a listing of all texture paths from the source NIF, type the following command at the command prompt:

PathExtractor.exe 00002b6c.nif

A new Text file will be created in Path Extractor's folder.  Rename the text file because you will need to repeat the process for the target NIF.  I renamed "00002b6c.txt" to "original_00002b6c.txt".

Go ahead and delete the copy of the source NIF and copy the target NIF into Path Extractor's folder.

Again, create the Text file containing the texture path list for the target NIF by using the following command in the terminal:

PathExtractor.exe 00002b6c.nif

You do not need to rename this Text file.

Open "original_00002b6c.txt" and "00002b6c.txt" in separate instances of Notepad.  Alternatively, you can use a text editor like Notepad++ to open both files in separate panels instead of separate instances of Notepad++.

Using "original_00002b6c.txt" as reference to correct any errors found in "00002b6c.txt"

e07c.thumb.png.03118d4ab6f7c90e7b49839ba7dac90c.png

Save the edited Text file.

Return to the Windows terminal and type the following command:

PathExtractor.exe 00002b6c.nif 00002b6c.txt

Path Extractor will use the edited Text file to make the changes in the target NIF.  A new facegen NIF will be created along with a backup of the original edited NIF.

Exit the terminal.

STEP #5 is done.

FINAL 

Keep a backup of the edited plugin and the edited facegen NIF. 

Copy the plugin and overwrite the original follower plugin.

Copy the facegen NIF and overwrite the follower's original facegen NIF.

Test the fruits of your labour in your game.

Serana (Seranaholic) with Painted Lady wild style, pubic hairs

serana_2.thumb.jpg.96a9555cca726f847a6ad42b5ea6ebb9.jpg

OLD FILES

Painted Lady Redone v1.1

NOT compatible with v2.0+

MAIN_PaintedLady_REDONE_v1.1-20141021.7z

Master File Replacer for Beast Races (ONLY) Compatibility

Requires Painted Lady Redone v1.1

OPTION_PaintedLady_REDONE_BeastRaces_MasterFileOnly.7z

Biped Slot Fix

Only needed if using an armor/outfit that uses the same body slot as the pubic hair meshes and there is a conflict.

PaintedLady_BipedSlot_Fix_20180430.7z

UNOProc Patcher by Markdf

Randomly adds pubic hairs to all female NPCs.  Recreating their facegens (Creation Kit; CTRL+F4) is necessary to avoid dark faces.

PaintedLady_UNOProc_Patcher.7z

*** If updating from a previous version, the pubic hairs will not appear on your character.  This is because the hairs for the PC has been moved to it's own folder.  To fix this, simply enter showracemenu and select the pubic hair again. ***

The original Painted Lady thread got deleted by accident when I tried to update the original post.  The edits got seriously FUBAR and it looked like there was no way to undo the mess.  I'll upload the original files if anyone wants them.

Painted Lady v2 has been reworked to allow adding variants of the pubic hairs for multi-followers or npcs that use separate bodies.  Also, I figured a reliable method of adding pubic hairs to Followers or NPCs that have custom facegens created with ECE or Racemenu without destroying the facegen.  Tutorial is still in the works but, should be ready in the coming days.

Example:  Serana (Seranaholic v1.5 by Bijin) with the Wild, pubic hairs.

serana.thumb.jpg.1d6572eec9adba28ebda55a057749a7f.jpg

4 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

Painted Lady v2 has been reworked to allow adding variants of the pubic hairs for multi-followers or npcs that use separate bodies.  Also, I figured a reliable method of adding pubic hairs to Followers or NPCs that have custom facegens created with ECE or Racemenu without destroying the facegen.

WOW! really nice work, what an update!

Heya,

Is this mod different to the previous v1.1? Or is it the same thing but repackaged? I am using UUNP for info.

Yes I have read through the post but there's alot of info and just want to clarify.

Cheers,

T

2 hours ago, t3h0th3r said:

WOW! really nice work, what an update!

Thank you, t3h0th3r.  Originally, I was working on the initial draft of the tutorial while using the Bijin followers (Vivace, Toccata, Chaconne, and Succubus-san) when I decided to add the additional pubic hair options because each of the followers use their own body and textures.  Here is what I was originally working on when writing the tutorial for Painted Lady v1.1.

Toccata with Bush pubic hair

toccata_done.thumb.jpg.39dcf3c6edd75267d42bc679865091c0.jpg

37 minutes ago, chevalierx said:

where CalientTools folder ?

and i can delete other folder ? ( i use cbbe)

and it the same mesh folder ?

NMM , MO ?

i open it in tes5edit and it use all folders ????

"Where is the CalienteTools folder?"

If you installed Bodyslide/Outfit Studio manually or with NMM then CalienteTools folder is located in Skyrim's Data folder (Data > CalienteTools) OR in a "Tools" folder (Data > Tools > CalienteTools).

If you installed with MO then Bodyslide will be installed in it's own folder in MO's "Mods" folder, CalienteTools folder will be in that mod folder.

"Can I delete other folders?  I use CBBE"

You can but, you will need to modify the master file to remove all Headparts records for UUNP along with their references to the UUNP meshes.

Why not just replace the UUNP pubic meshes with more CBBE variants?  No need to delete any folders or edit the master file.

"It in the same mesh folder?"

All of the folders containing the pubic hair options are located in MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTERS > CHARACTER ASSETS.

"NMM, MO?"

That is your choice.

"I open it in TES5edit and it use all folders????"

Yes.  However, keep in mind that only the pubic hairs in the "PLPlayer" folder are playable and can be used by the playable character.  The other hairs (C1...C4 and U1...U4) are not playable meaning, they will not appear in the Character Customization menu.  The non-playable hairs are for NPCs/Followers.

34 minutes ago, tedii said:

Heya,

Is this mod different to the previous v1.1? Or is it the same thing but repackaged? I am using UUNP for info.

Yes I have read through the post but there's alot of info and just want to clarify.

Cheers,

T

Yes.

Version 1.1 only provided 1 set which was shared among the PC and NPCs provided they all use the same body.

Version 2.0 adds additional sets for NPCs and allows you to give different pubic hairs to different Followers depending on what body they use.

EXAMPLE

Follower 1 uses a custom (bodyslide) made CBBE Curvy.

Follower 2 uses 7Base Bombshell.

You can give Follower 1 the default CBBE Curvy pubic hairs (from folder PLHairs_C1) or create new hair meshes with bodyslide then transfer the new meshes to the PLHairs_C1 folder (overwrite the default) before adding them to Follower 1.

The same procedure applies to Follower 2 except she uses 7B Bombshell; use the default 7B pubic hairs (from PLHairs_U4) or create custom sets with Bodyslide and tranfer the meshes to the PLHairs_U4 folder (overwrite the default).

Of course, nothing is written in stone, if you prefer to use only UUNP then you can create new UUNP variant, pubic hairs and transfer them to the CBBE PaintedLady folders (PLHairs_C1...PLHairs_C4) and overwrite the CBBE pubic hair variants.  The same applies if someone only uses CBBE.

All this could not have been possible with PaintedLady v1.1.

IMPORTANT

Version 1.1 is not compatible with version 2.0 so you will need to uninstall v1.1 before installing v2.0. 

The pubic hairs will be missing on your character.  To fix this, just enter 'showracemenu' and reapply the pubic hair.

55 minutes ago, PsychoMachina said:

Yes.

Version 1.1 only provided 1 set which was shared among the PC and NPCs provided they all use the same body.

Version 2.0 adds additional sets for NPCs and allows you to give different pubic hairs to different Followers depending on what body they use.

EXAMPLE

You can give Follower 1 the default CBBE Curvy pubic hairs (from folder PLHairs_C1) or create new hair meshes with bodyslide then transfer the new meshes to the PLHairs_C1 folder (overwrite the default) before adding them to Follower 1.

The same procedure applies to Follower 2 except she uses 7B Bombshell; use the default 7B pubic hairs (from PLHairs_U4) or create custom sets with Bodyslide and tranfer the meshes to the PLHairs_U4 folder (overwrite the default).

Of course, nothing is written in stone, if you prefer to use only UUNP then you can create new UUNP variant, pubic hairs and transfer them to the CBBE PaintedLady folders (PLHairs_C1...PLHairs_C4) and overwrite the CBBE pubic hair variants.  The same applies if someone only uses CBBE.

IMPORTANT

Version 1.1 is not compatible with version 2.0 so you will need to uninstall v1.1 before installing v2.0. 

The pubic hairs will be missing on your character.  To fix this, just enter 'showracemenu' and reapply the pubic hair.

So if I'm not interested in npcs using painted lady, then this update doesn't really affect me since I'm using UUNP right?

36 minutes ago, tedii said:

So if I'm not interested in npcs using painted lady, then this update doesn't really affect me since I'm using UUNP right?

If you are only giving your playable character pubic hairs than you can continue using version 1.1.

Version 2.0 can be used in your scenario since you will only see 4 styles in showracemenu; the other pubic sets are non-playable which means they can not be used for your PC , only NPCs.  The non-playable sets are not automatically added to NPCs.  This is something the user needs to do himself/herself.

17 minutes ago, t3h0th3r said:

Assumig i convert the esm to form 44 and use the nifs from the SSE mod, would that work? Or is the NPC part dependent on SkyProc?

Updating the files for SSE as you stated should work.  The additional pubic meshes for NPCs can be created with SSE bodyslide.

Since SkyProc only works with Oldrim you will need to run the patcher, create the new facegens in (old) CK, and optimize the generated NIFs with SSE Nif Optimizer for use with SSE.  If you mean custom NPC replacers and followers for SSE then SkyProc patcher may not produce the results you want that is, if it works on such mods made for SSE.

23 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

Yes.

EXAMPLE

IMPORTANT

Thanks for the clarification. Keep up the good work!

I'm curious if the tutorial was of any help to anyone. 

Post your screenshots of your favorite follower, standalone or replacer, with the PL pubic hairs.  I'll add them to the OP as part of the gallery though, I think there is an upload limit for screenshots, didn't paid much attention.

So i tried doing this but with SSE NPCs. There's no NifMerge for SSE and the one from oldrim doesn't recognize SSE meshes. But when you open the newly generated mesh in NifSkope it is pretty apparent which parts have been fubard (bigass red ! instead of the actual shape). So i just deleted them (delete branch) in and copy pasted the corresponding branch back from the original mesh. Everything seemed to work but now she lacks fangs???

I was able to manually replicate the NifMerge procedure with NifSkope without breaking Seranaholic or Toccata, so i guess your tutorial shold work.

• 4 months later...

I might be an idiot, I was looking for an answer for a while already. On my Lunari Race character the "Hair Additional" option doesn't appear anywhere. It does work with normal races but doesn't with custom Lunari race. Am I missing something. I have installed the latest 2.0, created with BodySlider meshes and put them on top of the old ones everywhere (to try), still can't manage to make it work.

On 6/9/2018 at 10:49 PM, t3h0th3r said:

So i tried doing this but with SSE NPCs. There's no NifMerge for SSE and the one from oldrim doesn't recognize SSE meshes. But when you open the newly generated mesh in NifSkope it is pretty apparent which parts have been fubard (bigass red ! instead of the actual shape). So i just deleted them (delete branch) in and copy pasted the corresponding branch back from the original mesh. Everything seemed to work but now she lacks fangs???

I was able to manually replicate the NifMerge procedure with NifSkope without breaking Seranaholic or Toccata, so i guess your tutorial shold work.

How did you manage this?  been trying to do this as I wanted to add it to the bijin AIO and pan npc's for sse.,  but as they use custom faces regening them in CK makes everyone look like a potato 

On 11/5/2018 at 1:33 PM, SuplenC said:

I might be an idiot, I was looking for an answer for a while already. On my Lunari Race character the "Hair Additional" option doesn't appear anywhere. It does work with normal races but doesn't with custom Lunari race. Am I missing something. I have installed the latest 2.0, created with BodySlider meshes and put them on top of the old ones everywhere (to try), still can't manage to make it work.

The Painted Lady makes use of it's own race list that allows any race in that list to use the pubic hairs. 

PaintedLady-HeadPartsList.PNG.878b5567ee6f9f7d7c013e681014f0bd.PNG

The Lunari and any other custom race needs to be added to that list.

The process is quite easy.  Using TES5edit, load the Painted Lady master file and the the Lunari race plugin (or master).

Expand PubicMeshColorRE.esm (Painted Lady) then expand FormID List.

Right-click on the HeadPartsAllRaces record and from the new menu select, "Copy as Override Into...".

A short list will appear with some masters and plugins from the Data folder.  If the Lunari race plugin (or master) is in the Data folder then it will appear on this list.

Select the Lunari race file (plugin or master) and TES5edit will copy the Painted Lady race list and add it to the Lunari race.  TES5edit will add the Painted Lady master to the Lunari as a dependency.

If the Lunari race uses a master file then you will need to load that master AFTER the Painted Lady master when running the game.

When done, you will need to add the Lunari race and Lunari Vampire race to the new race list.

Save the Lunari file by exiting TES5edit.

5 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

The Painted Lady makes use of it's own race list that allows any race in that list to use the pubic hairs. 

PaintedLady-HeadPartsList.PNG.878b5567ee6f9f7d7c013e681014f0bd.PNG

The Lunari and any other custom race needs to be added to that list.

The process is quite easy.  Using TES5edit, load the Painted Lady master file and the the Lunari race plugin (or master).

Expand PubicMeshColorRE.esm (Painted Lady) then expand FormID List.

Right-click on the HeadPartsAllRaces record and from the new menu select, "Copy as Override Into...".

A short list will appear with some masters and plugins from the Data folder.  If the Lunari race plugin (or master) is in the Data folder then it will appear on this list.

Select the Lunari race file (plugin or master) and TES5edit will copy the Painted Lady race list and add it to the Lunari race.  TES5edit will add the Painted Lady master to the Lunari as a dependency.

If the Lunari race uses a master file then you will need to load that master AFTER the Painted Lady master when running the game.

When done, you will need to add the Lunari race and Lunari Vampire race to the new race list.

Save the Lunari file by exiting TES5edit.

I've done almost everything but I'm unable to add the Lunari Race to the new race list. I'm basically a newbie in TES5Edit

Edit: Ok I made it work. Thanks for help works like a charm