[Tutorial Posted] The Painted Lady: Color-Matching Pubic Hairs

19 hours ago, Standman said:

Any tips on how to avoid clipping with certain clothes, or at least hide them when wearing certain kinds of armor? Mod works excellently, though I find that the crotch area has some issues with this no matter how much I've attempted to fudge it with Bodyslide.

Atm, I'm searching into methods of hiding the pubic hairs whenever the PC or NPC equips clothings. 

On 11/7/2018 at 11:11 PM, Grummkol said:

How did you manage this?  been trying to do this as I wanted to add it to the bijin AIO and pan npc's for sse.,  but as they use custom faces regening them in CK makes everyone look like a potato 

you need to replace the meshes that were created by regening, with the original sculpted one. you have to add the pube mesh to the original mesh and order the branches it the same order as in the mesh that was created by regening. you will manually do what nifmerge does. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sonic174 said:

So I went ahead and nabbed this mod and a bodyslide conversion, but it looks like there's only one weight option, rather than being affected by the slider like everything else. Curious if anyone else has figured out what to do, or am I out of luck with this?

The bodyslide conversions are single weights.  There will not be any updates to PL for dual weights.  However, that does not mean it will never happen.

Painted Lady 2 will contain all new, higher-poly, min-max weight meshes.

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 5:47 PM, WCSC said:

THis mod work great for my normal UNPB Bodies.

Is there a way to get this mod to show up in racemenu for then I use the Ningheim Race PC?

Custom races need to be added to PL's own race list.  The process is easy if you know how to use TES5edit or Creation Kit.

If using TES5edit follow this tutorial.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100859-tutorial-posted-the-painted-lady-color-matching-pubic-hairs/?do=findComment&comment=2423650

What I didn't mention was to add the custom race to the list by right-clicking on the empty space next to FormID (the next column, not the same column as FormID) then select 'ADD' from the mini menu.  A new entry is added to the end of the list.  Repeat to add a second entry.

Go to the first new entry and right-click > Edit to add the Ningheim race FormID.  For the second entry, right-click > Edit then add the Ningheim Vampire race FormID.

Alternative is to long-press on the new entry and soon a drop-down list will appear.  Scroll until you find the Ningheim race and select it.  This will add their FormID.  Repeat for the Ningheim Vampire race.

When done, exit TES5edit to save the edits.

In the Creation Kit, select the Ningheim race plugin and the Painted Lady master.  Set the Ningheim plugin as 'Active' so that edits will be save to it.

From the search box on the left type "HeadPartsAllRace" then double-click on the race form that appears in the right window.  Keep the form open.

Now clear the the search box and type "Ningheim" or whatever the race is named in the plugin.

Find the Race records for "Ningheim" and "Ningheim Vampire".  Click, hold, and drag those records into the open race form.  This adds the race to PL's own race form list.

Save the Ningheim plugin.

Whichever method you use, the pubic hairs should now appear for the Ningheims.

If you don't mind, once done, can you upload the now compatible plugin so that I can create a custom races 'patch' list just like I have been doing for the SSE Painted Lady.  I'll devote a post for the patches and link to your file.

@PsychoMachina

I did most of what you said except I'm stuck here.

This I can't seem to do.

What I didn't mention was to add the custom race to the list by right-clicking on the empty space next to FormID (the next column, not the same column as FormID) then select 'ADD' from the mini menu.  A new entry is added to the end of the list.  Repeat to add a second entry.

Go to the first new entry and right-click > Edit to add the Ningheim race FormID.  For the second entry, right-click > Edit then add the Ningheim Vampire race FormID.

Alternative is to long-press on the new entry and soon a drop-down list will appear.  Scroll until you find the Ningheim race and select it.  This will add their FormID.  Repeat for the Ningheim Vampire race.

Do I right click 2nd column under "HeadPartsAllRaces" under [04]PublicMeshColorRE.esm  column?

244128521_TES5Edit3.23_21_20192_42_29PM.png.6874f7119ed7e42825c09dbea68dbbc2.png

1117714286_TES5Edit3.23_21_20193_11_52PM.thumb.png.ed8eee038bfce25a66954484ca387998.png

So I found that pull down menu, but where the ningheim race should be it's not there.  I do something wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

OKay so, I added another race to my game "BattleNymphs", their UUNP.  I tried this same process and when adding the [RACE} ID's I added the four or five...Dessert, Wood, Blended, etc and it's not showing up.  The Nymph Race Mod is a Master this time rather than a Plugin, does that make a difference?

Thanks

1 hour ago, WCSC said:

OKay so, I added another race to my game "BattleNymphs", their UUNP.  I tried this same process and when adding the [RACE} ID's I added the four or five...Dessert, Wood, Blended, etc and it's not showing up.  The Nymph Race Mod is a Master this time rather than a Plugin, does that make a difference?

Thanks

Masters, like plugins, follow a load order.  By adding Painted Lady as a Master of another master, PL needs to be higher in the load order followed by the Nymph race Master.  If you have the Nymph race Master load before Painted Lady then it's race form will be overwritten.

I'm having a hard time changing those orders.  Trying to put the Race above but some some reason I can't move those masters.  I can with all others, just not those.  I can do it when I laod the Skyrim game under "data Files", then click okay.  ONce in the game it's not there in racemenu, when I click quit game, the changes to the load order were reverted.  What can I be doing wrong?

1 hour ago, WCSC said:

I'm having a hard time changing those orders.  Trying to put the Race above but some some reason I can't move those masters.  I can with all others, just not those.  I can do it when I laod the Skyrim game under "data Files", then click okay.  ONce in the game it's not there in racemenu, when I click quit game, the changes to the load order were reverted.  What can I be doing wrong?

"Trying to put the Race above..."  Above what?  PaintedLady?  You need to move it BELOW PaintedLady so that it loads after.

Could be the masters are 'locked' in that order.  Have a look at your loadorder.txt found in, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Skyrim\.

Open the file with Notepad, Notepad++, whatever text editor you use and see what masters are on the list.  If the PaintedLady master and the Nymph race master are on the list, see if PaintedLady is higher than the race in the load order.  If not, switch them then save the file.

While you're in the folder, you might want to also check out the plugins.txt file for the same reason though I think the loadorder.txt is what the game uses to load what masters it saves to the list.

NOTE:  If you can't find the AppData folder, you will need to enter into the folder options or, if Windows Explorer shows the option, allow 'viewing hidden folders'.

If nothing looks out of place or the PL and custom race masters are not on the list then the next question is, "are you using NMM or Vortex?"  If you are, I can't help you with them since I use MO2.

Okay, then by default the PL is higher up, #14, Battle Nyphs #16 below PL.  I thought it had to be the other way around.  Did I miss something else perhaps, did things the same way I did with the Ninheim.....or maybe it can't work with BattleNyphs?

The general rule is, if a master contains another master as a dependency then that dependency is loaded before it.  I don't know what the situation is with Battle Nymphs, I don't have it so I don't know if something different needs to be done to make it compatible.  I also don't know what exactly you did when making Battle Nymphs compatible since this form of modding is somewhat new to you.

Are you using the Creation Kit to add the PL race form to Battle Nymphs?  CK will not allow you to edit master files (there is an exception) so you should use TES5edit.

YEah, I used the same process that I posted aove for the Ningheim Race, using Tes5edit.  But oddly enough, I'm having issues with RacemenuMorphs and Slave Tats showing up anywhere on the body other than hands and feet.  Works on all other races I have installed but BN.  So must be an issue with the Race I guess.  Thanks for your help though

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, shinDOZER said:

Did I do something wrong?

ScreenShot4.bmp 172.97 kB · 1 download

You didn't create new pubic meshes for the body you are using.  There are bodyslide presets for the CBBE and UUNP bodies.

The links for the bodyslide files are listed under MISCELLANEOUS.  You will need the main bodyslide/outfit studio mod over at Nexus.

2 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

You didn't create new pubic meshes for the body you are using.  There are bodyslide presets for the CBBE and UUNP bodies.

The links for the bodyslide files are listed under MISCELLANEOUS.  You will need the main bodyslide/outfit studio mod over at Nexus.

So I've just selected Outfit/Body "LUSH Painted Lady _type_" on my Preset "CBBE Curvy", pressed "Buid" and it worked. Now it looks fine, thank you!
Guess you need more detailed step-by-step-with-pics instructions for people who knows nothing about Skyrim mods whatsoever xD
Anyway thank you very much for this mod, this is MUCH more pleasant to see than a boring 2d texture.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 4:26 PM, lol954 said:

Painted Lady 2.0 is for SSE right cause i don't see the hair additional under hair but with Painted Lady 1.1 i do see it.

Or did i do something wrong?

Painted Lady 2.0 is for Skyrim LE ("oldrim").  I did not update PL for SSE.

Version 2.0 requires a clean install meaning it is best to remove previous versions first.  You can still use version 1.1 as the main purpose of v2.0 is to allow followers and NPCs to use different pubes if they are using different bodies.

• 2 weeks later...

So I screwed up really bad.

I was uninstalling a mod and I ended up uninstalling this one because it was right next to the intended.  So I just clicked reinstall in NMM as it was X out.  When i went into the game the "Additonal Hair" in racemenu was gone.

So in TES I saw under the AllHead Parts All races Neingheim was still there.  So I figured I erased something, so I deleted the Ningheim or remove from the AllHeadparts and uninstalled (the wrong thing to do I guess), then uninstalled Painted Lady and reinstalled again.

Reason why is because when I would go into game after a few minutes the screen would turn blue.

Once I reinstalled Painted Lady and went through the steps again when "Copy Onto", the menu that pops up Ningeheim was gone.  I also have a "<new file> listed, not sure what that is

1897774007_Screenshot(6).png.dae2f6b461a623a3bba6084f16f33a8d.png

UNder the Ningheim plugin it still lists Painted Lady....Ugh

What can I do to correct this bonehead mistake?

thanks

Screenshot (5).png

• 2 months later...

On 3/21/2019 at 10:20 AM, PsychoMachina said:

Custom races need to be added to PL's own race list.  The process is easy if you know how to use TES5edit or Creation Kit.

If using TES5edit follow this tutorial.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100859-tutorial-posted-the-painted-lady-color-matching-pubic-hairs/?do=findComment&comment=2423650

When done, exit TES5edit to save the edits.

In the Creation Kit, select the Ningheim race plugin and the Painted Lady master.  Set the Ningheim plugin as 'Active' so that edits will be save to it.

From the search box on the left type "HeadPartsAllRace" then double-click on the race form that appears in the right window.  Keep the form open.

Now clear the the search box and type "Ningheim" or whatever the race is named in the plugin.

Find the Race records for "Ningheim" and "Ningheim Vampire".  Click, hold, and drag those records into the open race form.  This adds the race to PL's own race form list.

Save the Ningheim plugin.

Whichever method you use, the pubic hairs should now appear for the Ningheims.

If you don't mind, once done, can you upload the now compatible plugin so that I can create a custom races 'patch' list just like I have been doing for the SSE Painted Lady.  I'll devote a post for the patches and link to your file.

Here's the plugin I made comaptible for painted lady redone for Special Edition.

The Ningheim Race Painted Lady plugin SE.rar