The Whiterun Gate House

View File

Whiterun Gate House

Dear Community:-)

This mod had a long story, as it has been VERY, VERY HARD to realize it.

Yesterday I finally restarted this project and I could suddenly handle it,

and in between, it´s ready to be played:-)

You can use this mod as a player´s home or as  another  location for some BD/SM.

The second floor is nearly free and the mod is very "fresh" with lot of place.

IDEAL FOR POSITIONERS and CK enthusiasts as well:-)

Or you play it how it is for now. Updates will of course follow.

I please you to let this custom work  on LoversLab ONLY - thank you!

You need skyrim and ZAP 8.0/-plus. 

ZAP 7 works too !!! , but some (furniture-) items will not be accessible in that case.

This mod takes a customized-house-mesh of skyrim, that got it´s huge changes. And then it has been put to the top of the whiterun entrance-gate in that way,

so that you have a load-free, new place by using some few "stairs up" inside your city-gameplay.  It´s a very decorative mod and it creates a perfect expansion

for the existing whiterun-world.

Enjoy and have FUN!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/31/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    skyrim
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

1 hour ago, Uncle64 said:

Guessing that it is not compatible whit OpenCitys?

hi, idk how open cities works. Anyway it has 2 states, like also the original gate has. I would therefore give it a try, because it all works like before.

25 minutes ago, t.ara said:

hi, idk how open cities works. Anyway it has 2 states, like also the original gate has. I would therefore give it a try, because it all works like before.

Open cities breaks a few other things, so I've unloaded it. As nice as it is - I don't think it adds much to the game.

Me , I never have played with "open cities", because I prefer to let the game-mechanic do, what is necessary. I have no idea, if the cells get their initialization as it is useful. I have been afraid till now to make "open cities" my mod because my loading time is not worth to be discussed: Skyrim loads within the length of the sound of the door the next cell and then I can go on to play. Absolute quick enough. Open Cities: Theoretically should be the skyrim world be loaded same time with all cities - I´m not sure if that is working well for the game, it´s little suspect to me. But I think that "open cities"  works different.

Followers are for normal moving into a special trigger, so to be connected again to the player when he/she´s changing to outside - world and back. I´m not sure about all of that, if it works all together properly if "open cities" is installed.

But this mod should work proper with "open cities" because the meshes (2 versions) of the mod have been exchanged with the outdoor- and indoor gate  at same time: It should be working like the vanilla game. The entrance of that house is of course inside of whiterun. 

I like the design as it  – IMHO – improves the status of Whiterun as a larger fortified town.

Alas, there is also a slight drawback: The part above the bridge does not look very stable. How about an additional stone arch below the wodden framing?

What about the compatibility with JK and Dawn of Skyrim?

26 minutes ago, Veldon said:

I like the design as it  – IMHO – improves the status of Whiterun as a larger fortified town.

Alas, there is also a slight drawback: The part above the bridge does not look very stable. How about an additional stone arch below the wodden framing?

What about the compatibility with JK and Dawn of Skyrim?

Yes, I also thought about two beams or a nice stabilization-construction, I can add that within updates in usual whiterun style. Stone-or wooden pillars?? -I think I´ll create a suiting combination like it is in game.

All mods, that are changing this area with different clutter, won´t work together: I only can offer to change those mods, if they are so much beloved also.

Please collect their names (I need full names to find what you mean) and I perhaps can "switch"  their stuff at this place "off".

If there are not more than 2-3 mods, I´ll try to do that for you.

One tree of my beloved "new Whiterun"-mod has also to be changed, as this tree is standing for half  inside the living-room/kitchen. That change is of course very easy.

Please collect their names (I need full names to find what you mean) and I perhaps can "switch"  their stuff at this place "off".

If there are not more than 2-3 mods, I´ll try to do that for you.

One tree of my beloved "new Whiterun"-mod has also to be changed, as this tree is standing for half  inside the living-room/kitchen. This is very easy.

Thanks for that (many times). :)

My usual suspects are:

JK's Skyrim (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61035)

and/or

Dawn of Skyrim – Original Collection (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58275) – since there is a compatibility patch for JK and a german version :)

or

Dawn of Skyrim – Director's Cut (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77794)

In regard to the construction I would suggest an arched design, which has in reality proven to be a reliable structure as the weight is carried by the whole arc and is not concentrated on just two spots. Apart from that an arched design looks simply great. ;)

27 minutes ago, Uncle64 said:

As I understand OpenCitys it creates one new town and place it where the town was before, you can go to the old town if you like.

And the towns stop being own cells. So it is open.

That would explain the missing characters from other mods and some misplaced features in the main game (Skyforge is a bit messed up for a start)

1 hour ago, Veldon said:

Thanks for that (many times). :)

My usual suspects are:

JK's Skyrim (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61035)

and/or

Dawn of Skyrim – Original Collection (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58275) – since there is a compatibility patch for JK and a german version :)

or

Dawn of Skyrim – Director's Cut (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77794)

In regard to the construction I would suggest an arched design, which has in reality proven to be a reliable structure as the weight is carried by the whole arc and is not concentrated on just two spots. Apart from that an arched design looks simply great. ;)

Okay, I´ll try to edit  them....

JK Skyrim is done;-) You can download it from the download area. PATCH, removes the old *.esp of the mod with this edited one. If that fails, please exchange the *.esp manually!!!

DawnOfSkyrimDirector´s Cut is ready too;-) You can download it from the download area. PATCH, removes the old *.esp of the mod with this edited one. If that fails, please exchange the *.esp manually!!!

I am not sure what the ModWhiterun file is supposed to do, but I used it when taking some pictures.

I have SCO Summer Overhaul (which I don't think does anything affecting this) Dawn of Whiterun and Paradise City (which puts a tree right in the corner, but a quick console/disable fixed that)

I'd also suggest posts/arch/something to hold up the house, if you want it to look realistic.

Spoiler

379410068_t.atawhiterungatehouse1.thumb.jpg.a0a3a1a8de84e996c1490edf62ee561e.jpg1505759837_t.atawhiterungatehouse2.thumb.jpg.436f4fcb6ef7b1f17a9d2ed9de3ea636.jpg

25 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I am not sure what the ModWhiterun file is supposed to do, but I used it when taking some pictures.

I have SCO Summer Overhaul (which I don't think does anything affecting this) Dawn of Whiterun and Paradise City (which puts a tree right in the corner, but a quick console/disable fixed that)

I'd also suggest posts/arch/something to hold up the house, if you want it to look realistic.

Hide contents

379410068_t.atawhiterungatehouse1.thumb.jpg.a0a3a1a8de84e996c1490edf62ee561e.jpg1505759837_t.atawhiterungatehouse2.thumb.jpg.436f4fcb6ef7b1f17a9d2ed9de3ea636.jpg

The mod Whiterun is a very light-weighted  mod for only Whiterun, to make Whiterun simply BEAUTIFUL...this of my download version is helping, to prevent collision of ONE tree only.

Most other mods are using lot of clutter and if clutter is spread over so much area (over the area of a whole town), GPU performance gets slowly more down. All the additions are harming graphic-performance in different values and ways. In the most cases, this add ons are working quite well.

27 minutes ago, t.ara said:

???

I do not see deleted navmesh-material inside this mod. It´s instead docked to the existing one.

I know that you added navmesh. I am not criticizing the mod. The pics I posted show two deleted navmeshes. When a vanilla navmesh is edited the game considers it to be deleted. In my game this causes npcs and followers to get stuck at the entrance when they enter Whiterun. There is a simple way to fix it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ZQtgveKaM

#MeToo: "This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location."

Unfortunately. ?

But the regular version looks nice ig. Though I did not test the follower and navmesh thingy.

1 hour ago, Veldon said:

#MeToo: "This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location."

Unfortunately. ?

But the regular version looks nice ig. Though I did not test the follower and navmesh thingy.

->look again