As of 6/11/2015, Loverslab has treated me better than Nexusmods, thus I will be prioritizing updates on Loverslab instead of Nexus.
PREVIOUS ALTERNATIVE LEVELING SUBMISSION ON LOVERSLAB IS OUTDATED AND WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED.
To see the most important changes read the "About" section and then scroll down to the end of this page and read the "Nova","Supernova" and "Supernova#A100" changelogs in that order.
This mod revamps the current leveling and statistics system in Skyrim. You no longer level up or increase your stats the way you used to; instead, by using up either Stamina or Magicka you can increase those said stats! Get your gym face on, it's time to make some gains. You'll receive notifications about each increase.
- By increasing your Stamina, you increase your Health pool, movement speed, jump height, attack speed, carry weight, skills and weapon damage.
- By increasing your Magicka, you increase your spell damage, skills and spell duration.
The changes in actor values aren't noticeable at first, but the more you level up, the more noticeable they'll become.
- You may not notice any changes done since you might get used to them as you play, the growth is slow. To make a solid comparison, start a new game and compare 'feelings' between the two characters.
Let's talk "Leveling up". Your level now scales directly with your Health(indirectly with your Stamina) and your Magicka. You don't have to press TAB to do level up any longer because all your stats will increase whenever you go to sleep(and you have pending stamina or magicka increases) for 8 hours or more, sleeping for less than 8 hours will result in you getting only half the status increases.
Perk points are awarded on each level-up; 1 perk points. There is no level limit. You'll receive a notification when you level up, telling you how many perk points you received, there's a limit to how many perk points you can have(3), this notification's purpose is to notify you that you have leveled up.
- Skills scale with Magicka and/or Stamina now(wherever the case), however you still require perk points to unlock perks.
- Certain skills give out buffs to your character, they're pretty small or insignificant however.
- Certain actor values now scale with your current stamina instead of level or base stamina, which means that the lower the attributes that control those actor values are are, the lower they will become.
- Enchanting, Smithing, Sneaking, Lockpicking, Pickpocketing , Speechcraft and Alchemy all start between 0 - 10 randomly, so it is recommended that you use this mod on a new game or at the start of the game.
- Any other skills other than listed above this line start are set by this formula : YourBaseStamina or YourBaseMagicka(wherever the case) divided by a set value in MCM - a random integer between 0 and 20.
- Levels do not affect anything else but game difficulty, the higher the level, the harder the game will become.
This mod as of version Nova/Supernova is compatible with any mod that changes statistics such as Stamina or Magicka. Other mods which are semi-incompatible have fixes for them in the utility tab.
As of Nova/Supernova version, if you experience a crash to desktop then it means my mod is incompatible with another mod in your load order.
Enchanting Awakened - Incompatible. (Unsure, unconfirmed)
Remember to give this ESP Highest Priority(let it overwrite every other mod). This is how it looks in Mod Organizer.
VERY IMPORTANT v
Make sure you have the latest SKSE(BETA 1.7.2) version installed ! VERY IMPORTANT! LINK
VERY IMPORTANT ^
Latest SkyUi version.
1. Does my character level up by and only by using his stamina/magicka?
Your character levels up only by increasing his Stamina/Magicka, by increasing his Stamina his Health Pool increases, by increasing his Health Pool his Level increases, by increasing his Magicka, his level increases.
2. Do skills keep leveling as vanilla?
Yes, they do. My mod completely disables the previous system, so you don't level up by game mechanics, you level up by script.
3. Did you completely disable the old leveling system?
4. Can you make an MCM Menu for the mod? Done!
If you know how, yes. I don't. I tried learning but I couldn't understand anything.
https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Quickstartis the link to the tutorial, if you understand anything and learn how to do it, make an MCM Menu for this mod and post it and I'll add it to the mod page or you could just release it separately, the source files for this mod are provided in the archive.
5. Is this mod compatible with X mod??
Yes, it should be compatible with any mod that does Y amount of things as long as you press 'THE BUTTON' in the MCM Menu of Alternative Leveling.
6. Is your mod compatible with Requiem or Perkus?
For Requiem there is a fix in the utility page of the mcm menu of the mod, use it. Perkus works just fine.
7. I have infinite levels and I can't do anything omg why? ur mod brek my save please fiks
You haven't read the message boxes have you? You haven't even used 'THE BUTTON' in the MCM Menu have you? Why are you complaining? I explained it very thoroughly that you have to press that button in the MCM Menu or your level will bug out.
8. There's this bug in your mod.. how do I fix it?
YOU REPORT IT AND TELL ME WHAT IT IS, I don't know how to fix a bug if I don't know what the bug is.
9. Can I modify your code and use it for myself?
Yes you can, but you may not upload this mod under another name and say that you've made it.
10. I want this X or Y feature implemented just for me, can you do it?
Free to use by anyone.
Free to modify by anyone.
Free to make addons or enhancements by anyone.
Not free to be used to gain money with.
As always, to support the modding community/Bethesda, all of my mods will require Dawnguard/Dragonborn/Hearthfire.
____________HALL OF FAME_________________________
My thanks to PeggleFrank for the formatting and images provided.
My utmost thanks to theimmersion and jimkaiseriv for creating the MCM Menu for this mod.
Bug writing ruleset:Severity: A - Crash B - Unplayable or not as designedC - MinorD - Cosmetic Build :#A100Summary : "Bug happens when you do this".Refer to Objects or UI with " ".Example:Severity - BBuild #A100Bug happens when you read "Alternative Leveling" book.Reproduction: - Do this.- Do that.Result: This happens.____________________________________________________________------------------------------------------------------------____________________________________________________________Start from here:
Troubleshooting: If any level related bugs occur, press 'The Button' in the 'Utility' tab found in the MCM Menu of this mod.
'The Button' is your lord and savior, remember that.
Summary and default settings:
Alternative Leveling(defaults): Your health is 50% of your Stamina + a flat value of 25. You receive 1 Perk Point per level-up. Every 10 points of Health you get from now on equals a level, every 25 points of Magicka you get from now on equals a level. You can only have a maximum of 3 perk points at a time, use them or you will waste them when you level-up, you get 0.05 Attack Speed per 100 Stamina. You get 20 Jump Height per 100 Stamina, you get 4 Movement Speed per 100 Stamina. Your carry weight is 60% of your Stamina + a flat value of 50. You receive 2 points of Magicka or Stamina per Magicka or Stamina increase. Skills that do not require crafting, sneaking or playing mini-games all scale with Stamina or Magicka, perk points still required to learn perks in the respective skill trees. Certain skills at certain levels will give your character buffs related to that skill tree.(Note: They are pretty insignificant).
Sleeping for 8 hours will allow you to gain increases to Stamina or Magicka, sleeping for any less than 8 hours will result in you only gaining HALF the increases to Stamina or Magicka that you would have gotten otherwise. You receive notifications every 2 hours of game-time telling you how much Stamina and Magicka you would gain if you slept at that time for 8 hours or more.
6/11/2015 #A100 posted on Loverslab and on the google drive.