Alternative Leveling - Supernova

View File

As of 6/11/2015, Loverslab has treated me better than Nexusmods, thus I will be prioritizing updates on Loverslab instead of Nexus.

PREVIOUS ALTERNATIVE LEVELING SUBMISSION ON LOVERSLAB IS OUTDATED AND WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED.

To see the most important changes read the "About" section and then scroll down to the end of this page and read the "Nova","Supernova" and "Supernova#A100" changelogs in that order.

fBmQmVb.png

This mod revamps the current leveling and statistics system in Skyrim. You no longer level up or increase your stats the way you used to; instead, by using up either Stamina or Magicka you can increase those said stats! Get your gym face on, it's time to make some gains. You'll receive notifications about each increase.

• By increasing your Stamina, you increase your Health pool, movement speed, jump height, attack speed, carry weight, skills and weapon damage.

• By increasing your Magicka, you increase your spell damage, skills and spell duration.

The changes in actor values aren't noticeable at first, but the more you level up, the more noticeable they'll become.

• You may not notice any changes done since you might get used to them as you play, the growth is slow. To make a solid comparison, start a new game and compare 'feelings' between the two characters.

Let's talk "Leveling up". Your level now scales directly with your Health(indirectly with your Stamina) and your Magicka. You don't have to press TAB to do level up any longer because all your stats will increase whenever you go to sleep(and you have pending stamina or magicka increases) for 8 hours or more, sleeping for less than 8 hours will result in you getting only half the status increases.
Perk points are awarded on each level-up; 1 perk points. There is no level limit. You'll receive a notification when you level up, telling you how many perk points you received, there's a limit to how many perk points you can have(3), this notification's purpose is to notify you that you have leveled up.

• Skills scale with Magicka and/or Stamina now(wherever the case), however you still require perk points to unlock perks.
  • Certain skills give out buffs to your character, they're pretty small or insignificant however.
  • Certain actor values now scale with your current stamina instead of level or base stamina, which means that the lower the attributes that control those actor values are are, the lower they will become.
  • Enchanting, Smithing, Sneaking, Lockpicking, Pickpocketing , Speechcraft and Alchemy all start between 0 - 10 randomly, so it is recommended that you use this mod on a new game or at the start of the game.
  • Any other skills other than listed above this line start are set by this formula : YourBaseStamina or YourBaseMagicka(wherever the case) divided by a set value in MCM - a random integer between 0 and 20.
  • Levels do not affect anything else but game difficulty, the higher the level, the harder the game will become.

CsULd3J.png

This mod as of version Nova/Supernova is compatible with any mod that changes statistics such as Stamina or Magicka. Other mods which are semi-incompatible have fixes for them in the utility tab.

As of Nova/Supernova version, if you experience a crash to desktop then it means my mod is incompatible with another mod in your load order.

Enchanting Awakened - Incompatible. (Unsure, unconfirmed)

Remember to give this ESP Highest Priority(let it overwrite every other mod). This is how it looks in Mod Organizer.
0b00775c63.png
LtrEA8J.png
VERY IMPORTANT v
Make sure you have the latest SKSE(BETA 1.7.2) version installed ! VERY IMPORTANT! LINK
645b031200.png

VERY IMPORTANT ^
Latest SkyUi version.
Dawnguard/Dragonborn/Hearthfires.

wJ5or3m.png
1. Does my character level up by and only by using his stamina/magicka?
Your character levels up only by increasing his Stamina/Magicka, by increasing his Stamina his Health Pool increases, by increasing his Health Pool his Level increases, by increasing his Magicka, his level increases.

2. Do skills keep leveling as vanilla?
Yes, they do. My mod completely disables the previous system, so you don't level up by game mechanics, you level up by script.

3. Did you completely disable the old leveling system?
Yes.

4. Can you make an MCM Menu for the mod? Done!
If you know how, yes. I don't. I tried learning but I couldn't understand anything.
https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Quickstartis the link to the tutorial, if you understand anything and learn how to do it, make an MCM Menu for this mod and post it and I'll add it to the mod page or you could just release it separately, the source files for this mod are provided in the archive.

5. Is this mod compatible with X mod??
Yes, it should be compatible with any mod that does Y amount of things as long as you press 'THE BUTTON' in the MCM Menu of Alternative Leveling.

6. Is your mod compatible with Requiem or Perkus?
For Requiem there is a fix in the utility page of the mcm menu of the mod, use it. Perkus works just fine.

7. I have infinite levels and I can't do anything omg why? ur mod brek my save please fiks
You haven't read the message boxes have you? You haven't even used 'THE BUTTON' in the MCM Menu have you? Why are you complaining? I explained it very thoroughly that you have to press that button in the MCM Menu or your level will bug out.

8. There's this bug in your mod.. how do I fix it?
YOU REPORT IT AND TELL ME WHAT IT IS, I don't know how to fix a bug if I don't know what the bug is.

9. Can I modify your code and use it for myself?
Yes you can, but you may not upload this mod under another name and say that you've made it.

10. I want this X or Y feature implemented just for me, can you do it?
Maaaaybe, a/s/l?
wzs47Da.png

Free to use by anyone.
Free to modify by anyone.
Free to make addons or enhancements by anyone.
Not free to be used to gain money with.

As always, to support the modding community/Bethesda, all of my mods will require Dawnguard/Dragonborn/Hearthfire.

____________HALL OF FAME_________________________
My thanks to PeggleFrank for the formatting and images provided.
My utmost thanks to theimmersion and jimkaiseriv for creating the MCM Menu for this mod.

Reporting a bug HOW TO:

Bug writing ruleset:Severity: A - Crash B - Unplayable or not as designedC - MinorD - Cosmetic Build :#A100Summary : "Bug happens when you do this".Refer to Objects or UI with " ".Example:Severity - BBuild #A100Bug happens when you read "Alternative Leveling" book.Reproduction: - Do this.- Do that.Result: This happens.____________________________________________________________------------------------------------------------------------____________________________________________________________Start from here:

Troubleshooting: If any level related bugs occur, press 'The Button' in the 'Utility' tab found in the MCM Menu of this mod.

1. 'The Button' is your lord and savior, remember that.

Summary and default settings:

Alternative Leveling(defaults): Your health is 50% of your Stamina + a flat value of 25. You receive 1 Perk Point per level-up. Every 10 points of Health you get from now on equals a level, every 25 points of Magicka you get from now on equals a level. You can only have a maximum of 3 perk points at a time, use them or you will waste them when you level-up, you get 0.05 Attack Speed per 100 Stamina. You get 20 Jump Height per 100 Stamina, you get 4 Movement Speed per 100 Stamina. Your carry weight is 60% of your Stamina + a flat value of 50. You receive 2 points of Magicka or Stamina per Magicka or Stamina increase. Skills that do not require crafting, sneaking or playing mini-games all scale with Stamina or Magicka, perk points still required to learn perks in the respective skill trees. Certain skills at certain levels will give your character buffs related to that skill tree.(Note: They are pretty insignificant).

Mechanics:

Sleeping for 8 hours will allow you to gain increases to Stamina or Magicka, sleeping for any less than 8 hours will result in you only gaining HALF the increases to Stamina or Magicka that you would have gotten otherwise. You receive notifications every 2 hours of game-time telling you how much Stamina and Magicka you would gain if you slept at that time for 8 hours or more.

Test versions/unposted/untested builds will be uploaded here on my

google drive. Alternatively you can report bugs in this text file on my google drive.

• 6/11/2015 #A100 posted on Loverslab and on the google drive.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/11/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE 1.7.2+ and SkyUi Latest Ver.
  • Special Edition Compatible

Why ask me? Try it out by yourself and tell me, I barely have time to bugfix my own mod and develop new features, that's why I'm even going through all the trouble of having users test it to release better versions, to date there hasn't been one major bug I have't fixed if it was reported.

#A101 build is on the google drive here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_bS6GhzJMESfkxfS1p0QzQ3VTF1ZnJkb2xIT0g4QnhVX2hSc3pJblB2bzBqa3JMNmZQa0U&usp=sharing.

Not release ready yet as I haven't had time to test it properly, but here's the changelog:

- Natural Fatigue implemented inside of Alternative Leveling.
- Jumpheight Cap default set to 150 from 200.

Alternative Leveling
Default Settings:
Your health is 50% of your Stamina + a flat value of 25. You receive 1 Perk Point per level-up.Every 10 points of Health you get from now on equals a level, every 25 points of Magicka you get from now on equals a level. You can only have a maximum of 3 perk points at a time, use them or you will waste them when you level-up. Your carry weight is 60% of your Stamina + a flat value of 50. You receive 2 points of Magicka or Stamina per Magicka or Stamina increase. Skills that do not require crafting, sneaking or playing mini-games all scale with Stamina or Magicka, perk points are still required to learn perks in the respective skill trees. Certain skills at certain levels will give your character buffs related to that skill tree.(Note: They are pretty insignificant). Your Jump Height is 35 + YourCurrentStamina/5. Your Movement Speed is 65+ YourCurrentStamina/25. Your Attack Speed is 0.75(vanilla) or 0(Requiem fix) + YourCurrentStamina/2000. Your Weapon Damage is 1 + YourCurrentStamina/500. HeavyArmor Skill is transformed into Health as a modifier. HeavyArmor Skill gives you more damage resist to physical attacks.
Alchemy Skill gives you better resistance against Poison and Diseases and gets added to your Magicka as a modifier. Your Magic Resist is the sum of all magic skill trees divided by 15. Speechcraft lowers the cooldown of shouts. The higher the Sneak Skill is the less noise you will generate while sneaking. Enchanting Skill can be enhanced by your other magic skill trees, for example if all your other magic skill trees are at 100, then Enchanting will be 100% better. Your healing rate is 0.1% of your Base Stamina. Your magicka rate is 0.2% of your Base Magicka. Your Unarmed Damage is 20% of your current Stamina.

Mechanics:
Sleeping for 8 hours will allow you to gain increases to Stamina or Magicka, sleeping for any less than 8 hours will result in you only gaining HALF the increases to Stamina or Magicka that you would have gotten otherwise. You receive notifications every 2 hours of game-time telling you how much Stamina and Magicka you would gain if you slept at that time for 8 hours.

Natural Fatigue

Running, swimming, sneaking, jumping, using furniture, chopping wood, attacking or aiming a bow drains your stamina based on your carryweight, so the more weight you have, the more stamina you will use when you do any of those actions. While blocking if you get hit and you block the hit you will lose stamina based on your carryweight. Jogging backwards does not drain stamina.

Some functions from Natural Fatigue haven't been added yet are: Fainting or drowning.

Some functions which will be added are: Real-Time waiting and sleeping, meditating and resting.

Some other functions will be added by request if they are good enough, post away.

#A102 will have those.

A#102 here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_bS6GhzJMESfmwxajBTb1hvXy1PanhjUDdRYm5JZ2xUeEw4MWlFQ3d6NjJObzAzaU1GeDA?ltmpl=drive.

To wait, tap Y, to sleep, hold and release Y. (Gaining stamina/magicka increases is compatible with real-time sleep)

To faint, blink 12 times when you hit 0 stamina, the more you faint the longer it will last, fainting extension resets after a time, to drown you have to hit 0 stamina two times in a row.

When you start up the mod it will help you set it up.

To update from the previous version open up the console(~) and type this:

Reloadscript DrowningFainting

Reloadscript NaturalWaiting

Reloadscript SkyEndAthletics

Reloadscript SkyEndMCM

Reloadscript SkyEndNaturalF

Reloadscript SkyEndPP

Reloadscript SkyEndRefresherScript

Save the game and load that save game.

hi

Just a suggestion

reading drain magicka.

This would encourage magically inclined players towards scholary pursuits. I'm prety sure it goes in with you excersing the mind for magicka increases. Mabe add double rate for unread books.

hmm.. would you make that for each unique book read, or how much time is spent reading a book.

making it for simply opening and closing a book wouldn't help so much

needing to book to be open for 1 to 2 minutes would then require the player to actually read the book, but it could be exploited by simply reading the same book lots of times (although the c button can be used for easy stamina gain)

A combintaion of the 2 might be best i.e 2 points each time 1 minute is spent reading an unread book, and 1 point for every re reading of 2 minutes or so.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem with Anternate Starts, in the Drak Brothhood section you have talk to the person in charge to start the live another life but it does not start.  I moved it around in the load order and still have the same effect.  I unselect it in Wrye Bash and everything starts normally. 

I have also used the other mod on nexus before it was removed and had the same problem.

I like the mod but this causing me to not use it. 

If you can look into this would gratefully I also posted this in the text file in the upper section. 

Thanks for the mod and hope you solve it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...