LL Hurricane Irma Members

Lodakai

I'll be directly in the path of Irma.  To all my friends here at LL, I may be out of power for a while.  Hopefully I shall return. 

Wish me luck!

To all other members in the path of this beast, wish you and your family the best and I hope that you, your family, your home, and maybe even your PC survives it in full health.  

I guess we can use this thread to keep our friends in this community up to date on our status.

Good luck and good health everyone =)

Tampa, Fla here.  Hoping for the best for all of us. 

Most of my house is ready.  I will be disconnecting my computers and putting them in heavy plastic bags in a little while, in case the house or windows are compromised. 

I will be heading to a shelter in the morning, unless something changes over night, since I live in a mobile home.  We aren't in a mandatory evacuation zone, but I have ridden out more than my share of hurricanes and I think I would prefer to be in a shelter for this one.

Just be safe.  Stuff can be replaced, but not you.

Tampa, Fla here.  Hoping for the best for all of us. 

Most of my house is ready.  I will be disconnecting my computers and putting them in heavy plastic bags in a little while, in case the house or windows are compromised. 

I will be heading to a shelter in the morning, unless something changes over night, since I live in a mobile home.  We aren't in a mandatory evacuation zone, but I have ridden out more than my share of hurricanes and I think I would prefer to be in a shelter for this one.

Just be safe.  Stuff can be replaced, but not you.

I'm out here in Brandon.  If you head out to the mulrennan shelter I'm 2 blocks away hehe

Get out of there, and good luck.

There's really no place to go at this point =/  But thanks for the well wishes =)

I shall be riding this one out.

I'll be directly in the path of Irma.  To all my friends here at LL, I may be out of power for a while.  Hopefully I shall return. 

Wish me luck!

To all other members in the path of this beast, wish you and your family the best and I hope that you, your family, your home, and maybe even your PC survives it in full health.  

I guess we can use this thread to keep our friends in this community up to date on our status.

Good luck and good health everyone =)

Be safe, Sweetie. I've got friends down in that direction, and 1 family member. He's in North Carolina, but he told me he'd be hit. I hope Brother is okay. :(

Davenport, Fla here. We got directly hit by the NE eyewall. Oddly, we still have power. It usually goes out here with even the slightest breeze. No idea how it managed to stay on through 100-ish mph wind gusts. We also took very minimal damage. Lots of roofs are going to need repair. Some may have gotten worse here, but I've yet to hear anything worse than some missing shingles or downed trees.

I consider my immediate area to be extremely fortunate, and myself the luckiest SOB in my community. I rode it out right here at home. My neighborhood is a mess, but my place is essentially untouched.

Miami, The Keys, Marco Island, Naples, and Jacksonville took the brunt of Irma's wrath as far as we can tell right now. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I'll be heading down south to help rebuild. Every skilled trade will be needed to put peoples lives back together.

Trykz

Did this storm finaly dissapated ?? or is Irma still raging on, haven't seen anything anymore on the news.

It's a tropical depression up around Kentucky now.

pretty much in aftermath mode now.   People cleaning up trees, getting power restored, some houses still flooded.

Archived