[CK2] Beta: Immersive Slave Training & Kidnapping. Updated: 24/6/19

dwjlien

Well you could have an elective monarchy, or gavelkin elective for tribals, which basically means that anybody from the dynasty can be elected as heir. It's not really unrealistic to kidnap children of landed characters, especially if those children are under a guardian in another part of the realm. In a way, shouldn't the conditions to allow the kidnapping be subjective to each toon rather than observing a hard rule? What if the target is in your dungeons? Or in the dungeon of an ally?

Even though toons can be landed but with no means to protect themselves (no money, courtiers don't like them, etc). In a way, kidnappings should work like assassinations for landed toons: how strong a support can one raise to succeed?

Well you could have an elective monarchy, or gavelkin elective for tribals, which basically means that anybody from the dynasty can be elected as heir. It's not really unrealistic to kidnap children of landed characters, especially if those children are under a guardian in another part of the realm. In a way, shouldn't the conditions to allow the kidnapping be subjective to each toon rather than observing a hard rule? What if the target is in your dungeons? Or in the dungeon of an ally?

Even though toons can be landed but with no means to protect themselves (no money, courtiers don't like them, etc). In a way, kidnappings should work like assassinations for landed toons: how strong a support can one raise to succeed?

The term guardian literally means to guard, to protect from coming to harm and being kidnapped. I feel it is unrealistic for landed characters children to be kidnapped. They always had attendees and servants, hand maidens and such, much too risky.

But far more importantly it breaks the game, it is simply a balance issue. It NEEDS some hard and fast rules I am afraid. After that yes, every character has various weights and modifiers to chance of success. And if someone is incarcerated in another court, they can not be kidnapped, they are locked under lock and key,  would be ridiculous to just waltz in and take  them.

I would say that the same rule that lets you imprison characters after a successful siege should apply. If inheritance hacking is a problem, then the rule that eliminates kidnapped/enslaved person from succession in their dynasty is one possible solution. From what I've read in history books it seems that protection status was not an issue in kidnapping/enslaving - on the contrary putting persons of noble or royal lineage in your dungeon/harem was a matter of prestige and a reason to boast.

OK looking for someone, anyone! To test out The new kidnapping set up, PLEASE!

I would appreciate feedback on the % chance to kidnap someone, as balance is key. Please :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2xfjt5dfuqlnxtj/Immersive%20Slave%20Training%200.74.7z

Restrictions to kidnapping are in a post above.

Chances are calculated basically

• IF they are lowborn or children should be twice as easy
  • on their intrigue- a bit,
  • your intrigue -a bit,
  • If they are genius or a councillor
  • If you are genius or dilligent
  • but mostly your REALM intrigue.

%chance should slowly creep up until you above 60, then 70 realm intrigue. At which point is SHOULD be practically guaranteed.Note this is high ( i think ? ) As IST allows a a feedback loop on intrigue. Get a slave >train intrigue >install as spymaster > get a better slave, train Intrigue even higher, appoint Spymaster. Train and appoint a wife, and realm intrigue should be soaring high.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the mod thank you. I don't have any compatibility issues with any of the large number of mods I use.

The one problem I have found in the last few hours of play is that when I did the event chain for a Meretrix Courtesan it broke the portrait of that character (went from a vanilla portrait to the black silhouette head with the number 63 across it). I'm not sure if that is already known or not, but I didn't read anything about it in the comments so far.

After making the one Meretrix Courtesan I no longer have the option to advance any of my other Courtesan slaves. Once again I'm not sure if you already know that, or if you have it capped to 1 alive at a time, or maybe there is special requirements for that to happen that I was just lucky to get on the first to run that event.

Hope this feedback helps with the mod. Thank you again for the great mod and the quality of the first public release.

I have already edited out the portrait problem, good find! It's coz I had personal code in there to assign a ReMedy mod portrait to a Meretrix Slave as like a distinguisher/reward.

To become a Meretrix slave certain conditions are required, as it is a very involved process  that not just any old street urchin can be inducted to!

In addition to normal slave progression they must be your: spouse, concubine, councilor or lover.

Whether the restriction is good or not is what this betas about, let me know :) Also, did you think the gold was about right for the reward?

Hi, I'm having a problem with this.  As soon as I activated the mod, most of the character portraits are just numbers ranging from 610 to 650.  Anyway to fix this?  How did you edit it out?

Hi, I'm having a problem with this.  As soon as I activated the mod, most of the character portraits are just numbers ranging from 610 to 650.  Anyway to fix this?  How did you edit it out?

The problem I  edited out isnt the one you're having - it was a specific event that deliberately called the  add portrait trait feature.

What your experiencing is just how this dumb game works, Which AS FAR AS I KNOW :-/ , is not at all this mods fault, just how the games loads mods.

When a character gets traits, genius, temperate etc, the game doesn't record it as genius and chaste it records it as a number, eg: 56, and 76.

For some reason, if you add a mod mid save, where the traits get loaded is weird as all hell, and it might put IST in the middle of the load order. And if IST has say 20 traits, genius would then become trait 76, temperate would be pushed down 20 places to 94 and so on, with a character still calling traits 56 and 76. (though it only pushed mod traits not vanilla, this is just an EG)[trait.cpp:1308]: Trait #74 tag = chaste name = Chaste

So its to do with load order and I do not know the specifics on how to fix that that , sorry. I don't believe is something that can be done in-mod, but something your/the games end. You could try making a topic and ask more intelligent people than I.

I know of a wonky solution though, in C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\logs there is a setup.txt file that shows the conversion process of traits to numbers, if you can find which mod is loading its traits last - for me it was (ReMDYs portraits or Unlocked character designer).

Then go to ISTtraits.txt in C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\IST\common\traits

and copy that files contents (ALL of it) into the trait file of the last loading mod, pasting at the end of the document.

That should load IST's trait after all the others, and avoid bumping the numbers. Hope this helps.

(Don't forget to disable/remove/hide/leave blank the original ISTtraits.txt doc if you do this)

Edit:

[trait.cpp:1308]: Trait #56 tag = genius name = Genius
[trait.cpp:1308]: Trait #74 tag = chaste name = Chaste

IS an example of the trait conversion text your looking for in setup.txt, find which ever mod gets converted last.

Note if your mid game already- this problem will correct itself in a generation- new born charcters get born with the correct numbers.

The problem I  edited out isnt the one you're having - it was a specific event that deliberately called the  add portrait trait feature.

What your experiencing is just how this dumb game works, Which AS FAR AS I KNOW :-/ , is not at all this mods fault, just how the games loads mods.

When a character gets traits, genius, temperate etc, the game doesn't record it as genius and chaste it records it as a number, eg: 56, and 76.

For some reason, if you add a mod mid save, where the traits get loaded is weird as all hell, and it might put IST in the middle of the load order. And if IST has say 20 traits, genius would then become trait 76, temperate would be pushed down 20 places to 94 and so on, with a character still calling traits 56 and 76. (though it only pushed mod traits not vanilla, this is just an EG)[trait.cpp:1308]: Trait #74 tag = chaste name = Chaste

So its to do with load order and I do not know the specifics on how to fix that that , sorry. I don't believe is something that can be done in-mod, but something your/the games end. You could try making a topic and ask more intelligent people than I.

I know of a wonky solution though, in C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\logs there is a setup.txt file that shows the conversion process of traits to numbers, if you can find which mod is loading its traits last - for me it was (ReMDYs portraits or Unlocked character designer).

Then go to ISTtraits.txt in C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\IST\common\traits

and copy that files contents (ALL of it) into the trait file of the last loading mod, pasting at the end of the document.

That should load IST's trait after all the others, and avoid bumping the numbers. Hope this helps.

(Don't forget to disable/remove/hide/leave blank the original ISTtraits.txt doc if you do this)

Edit:

[trait.cpp:1308]: Trait #56 tag = genius name = Genius
[trait.cpp:1308]: Trait #74 tag = chaste name = Chaste

IS an example of the trait conversion text your looking for in setup.txt, find which ever mod gets converted last.

Note if your mid game already- this problem will correct itself in a generation- new born charcters get born with the correct numbers.

Appreciate the reply, I'll probably just play on and wait until the next generation have their portraits.  Good mod, look forward to how it progresses.

Appreciate the reply, I'll probably just play on and wait until the next generation have their portraits.  Good mod, look forward to how it progresses.

Coolio, Was working on it today but then my house literally flooded :-/  kinda interrupted.

Anyhoo I've put a tonne of dummy place holder Traits in ISTs trait file now, so future updates/versions should not re-cause your issue.

That being said, might not publish another update for a lil while, I have most of the code working how I expect. Just got to push through some content.

I'm having trouble extracting the IST file to my mod folder.

I'm using 7Zip for the extraction, and each time I unpack IST to my mod folder I get a significant number (83) of 'unsupported compression method' exceptions. I'd attach a screenshot but so far I've been unable to do so - the button doesn't seem to work for me on this forum.

Can you advise me how to get this mod unpacked properly?

I'm having trouble extracting the IST file to my mod folder.

I'm using 7Zip for the extraction, and each time I unpack IST to my mod folder I get a significant number (83) of 'unsupported compression method' exceptions. I'd attach a screenshot but so far I've been unable to do so - the button doesn't seem to work for me on this forum.

Can you advise me how to get this mod unpacked properly?

No-one else has mentioned this, might be something your side. I only use 7zip myself.

Here's an upload of 0.74's main folder,  zipped using windows 10 right click context menu: SEND> Compress Folder.

Hope it works.

Not  included is the IST.mod file lemme know if that is required.

I've actually done a lot of work since 0.74, but it is lots of half implement features , with no text unsuitable for distribution.

Thanks, yeah - I need the IST.mod file, too. It appears that all the files go bad when I unpack them with 7Zip.

The zip file you sent seemed to unpack normally, though. If you could send me the IST.mod file, I'll try to run the whole thing and see what happens.

Looking forward to the next version, either way!

Thanks, yeah - I need the IST.mod file, too. It appears that all the files go bad when I unpack them with 7Zip.

The zip file you sent seemed to unpack normally, though. If you could send me the IST.mod file, I'll try to run the whole thing and see what happens.

Looking forward to the next version, either way!

:)

Make a notepad/text document, have these two lines in it

name = "Immersive Slave Training"
path = "mod/IST"

Save it as IST. Change the file extention from .txt to .mod. So the file is called IST.mod

Done :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am indeed gay. And I would indeed like to see it made as compatible with homosexuality as possible. For sure.

I would love to see some pictures and descriptions as well in there. If you need someone to write text for that or look for such pictures, I would be happy to volunteer. I don't know shit about coding, but I'd be glad to get involved with the writing part since you're not gay and would probably find it nasty. Hah.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I have a bug whereby not all of the slave breaking scene text gets displayed and appears to be cut off mid way (due to the event window being too small?). I am also running several other mods at the same time so I do wonder if that may contribute to the issue.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I train slave to become meretrix courtesan? I mean I have a decision to send her to this school but still every time I have only available option with that she is not worthy to send her :confused: (she is my concubine so I should have opportunity to send her)

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, golingarf said:

This looks quite amazing. Is it compatible with the current game version, or should I wait for the update?

As far as I'm aware it should be compatible with all versions, as it only adds, not changes things. It adds traits though, so unless you know what you're doing, it requires a new game/not save game compatible.

I can have an update afternoon (US) Monday if you want to wait -  the update isn't anything much extra erotic currently mind.  A few pics,  a somewhat improved gay experience, and lots and lots of improvements to the kidnapping systems and logic. More variation in breaking variability, text corrected to fit vanilla dialogue box sizes... All stuff  that makes the mod much less OP and more in-keeping with original CK2 gameplay. And it should (should) update from the old 0.74 to the new version without any hitches, so if you're eager, u cold start and update later. 0.74 is a bit game breakingly easy though, imho.

Thanks for posting though, inspired me to crack at it, clean it up for distribution tomorrow :)

Archived