Looksmenu presets won't work

It might be worth while manually creating the following directory if it is not already there, Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets

I had to do this using mo2 with fallout 4, for the same reason you had the presets were grayed out when trying to load them.

If that does not sort it then try checking where the presets you are installing are going, open the zip file they come in and have a look at the directory structure inside it, the preset creator may not have got the directories correct.

It might be worth while manually creating the following directory if it is not already there, Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets

I had to do this using mo2 with fallout 4, for the same reason you had the presets were grayed out when trying to load them.

If that does not sort it then try checking where the presets you are installing are going, open the zip file they come in and have a look at the directory structure inside it, the preset creator may not have got the directories correct.

There is no presets folder in that directory, and after creating a new folder titled "presets" it still won't let me save or load them.

Here's a screenshot of my directory where the presets folder would normally be.

6c29a5540648340.jpg

Presets are saved as   .json files. If there are none in that "presets" folder you created, Looksmenu isn't gonna see them. As Varithina was trying to tell you, check the zip file to see if the proper folder structure exists. I've seen a lot of authors package just the .json file without the folder structure. If you use NMM or MO2 to install these, they don't know where to put them. I'm betting you'll find your lost presets sitting in the Fallout 4 game folder. You can also use the windows search feature and look for .json files. When you find them just move them into that Presets folder you created.

Try getting into the habit of always installing Looksmenu presets manually. Less headaches that way.

Presets are saved as   .json files. If there are none in that "presets" folder you created, Looksmenu isn't gonna see them. As Varithina was trying to tell you, check the zip file to see if the proper folder structure exists. I've seen a lot of authors package just the .json file without the folder structure. If you use NMM or MO2 to install these, they don't know where to put them. I'm betting you'll find your lost presets sitting in the Fallout 4 game folder. You can also use the windows search feature and look for .json files. When you find them just move them into that Presets folder you created.

Try getting into the habit of always installing Looksmenu presets manually. Less headaches that way.

Nevermind, I was able to get it working by launching the game through the F4SE launcher in the Fallout 4 folder.

I made a shortcut to it in windows desktop, but is there any way that I can change the icon to the regular Fallout 4 one?

Here's a screenshot of the desktop shortcut icon.

ed25d8540664054.jpg

Also, it sometimes takes 2-3 attempts to successfully launch the game because it sometimes crashes on bootup whenever launching it through the F4SE launcher.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am trying to apply a face preset to Curie and I have an identical problem, except I do have json files in my directory and I am using the F4SE launcher to launch the game but the presets will not apply. They are listed in the presets menu, I can hit E until I'm blue in the face but the face preset will not apply, the vanilla face remains. Now here's where it gets interesting. It was working. I already applied a face preset to Curie previously but now, presets simply will not apply to her even though they will apply to other characters.

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Hate to do it, but I gotta bump this thread again. I have no advanced body sliders, nor do I have a preset button at all.

I use F4SE, I have the correct folders, I have lots of presets, but nothing shows up.

?

Which mod manager are you using?  This should be out of the box with NMM. 

With MO2 older versions, I had to put the presets in the game's actual folders.  Same for MCM menus.  With recent versions of MO2, that no longer is an issue.

On 3/28/2017 at 8:25 PM, Mercenary666 said:

I've seen a lot of authors package just the .json file without the folder structure.

It's not like it's hard to include the file path for it. Takes about a minute to set up. People don't like to have to copy/paste shit. They just want to click a button and be done with it. People that don't know think this is some kind of wizardry when it works correctly. It isn't. It's just an author paying attention to details and going the extra mile to avoid angry users with pitchforks in their mod forum.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/27/2017 at 1:33 PM, Varithina said:

Hello

I hope you can help or someone can with this... I recently used the looks menu and all the presets are missing on mine as well.  I went to see if there was a directory for the Data\F4SE\Presets and I dont have one of these I am using M02 and the way its set up the data folder is in MO2 folder and inside the data folder is a folder called videos then some other bsa files 

It appears all the mods are in a folder next to the data directory called mods 

Is this the reason looks menu cannot find the scripts?

Next question is: If I was to create a directory  Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets       What exactly do I place into it? and where are they inside of every  mod? or only character based mods?

Thanks for your help and time