Impossible Heels Compilation by JoshQ

View File

Impossible Heels Compilation

These are the same files you can already download on the SimLab forum. This is just an attempt to organize them and also to take advantage of the Downloads section. Future releases will have their own individual posts.

Before downloading:

• This CC is offered completely FREE exclusively to LoversLab. If you find it in other places behind a paywall/paid subscription/donation pledge demand your money back.
  • You’re free to modify, edit, change attributes and generally do whatever the hell you want, no need to ask for permission.
  • Because sims3packs can cause troubles the more you install I only offer packages for download. There are a bunch of early uploads in sims3pack format on the forums, those are unsupported.
  • You can merge all the packages in one single file using S3PE
  • Everything I do has almost all clothing categories enabled. You can add or remove categories using S3PE or S3OC.

Description:

post-535934-0-42040100-1468106023_thumb.png

Impossible Heels (or ImpHeels) are composed of 2 elements. The first is a heavily
/shoe mesh and the second is a BOND resource with custom values that tells the game to elevate a femsim’s height accordingly. You don’t need an extra script nor to activate any special menu, just select the shoes on CAS and your female sim automatically will raise above ground. The shape was a result of an accident but after further review I decided to keep it as a way to avoid cannibalizing the original creations these heels are based on, also because is more appropriate to LoversLab general theme.

Is very obvious but just in case: The feet are very, very, veeeery far from being anatomically correct, wysiwyg.

The biggest issue is clipping, the game tries its best to compensate the animations for the extra height but more times than not the results are shoes clipping trough the ground and some animation misalignments. Another problem involves custom animations and poses, in short every single pair of Impossible Heels don’t have the toes bones assigned correctly, it doesn’t affect 99% of the game’s animations, but it does affect custom animations that flex the toes. So the basic recommendation is to avoid wearing these shoes while using sex animations and poses unless they were created with this limitation in mind.

UPDATE Regarding animations:

I tested some of the animations released by Amra72, The Master and Mike24 using
. At least for the couple of hours I had to test them, they worked well with a pair of new heels I’m working on those share the same characteristics as previous releases so they should work too.

I didn’t saw any kind of strange deformation on feet or leg bending, it doesn’t mean you will be 100% safe because sliders, other mods and CC can also influence and is impossible for me to test every single combination. The only thing I noticed is some animations clipping with beds and tables but because you have more than 200 animations to choose I wouldn’t consider it a complete showstopper.

Again, I can’t attest your experience will be without problems, but at least I didn’t saw anything completely out of place compared to the last time I checked animations using Animated Woohoo.
Your Mileage May Vary

Some 3D accessories (line necklaces) can also interfere with the heels and deform them, this seems to happen with accessories that include morphs but as with everything related with Sims 3 modding there’s not enough information to pinpoint the exact problem and solution.

The only CC not included are the “
” I’m going to make a high-poly version and fix a couple of defects, if you don’t want to wait (because I don’t know when will be ready) the original download link is and will be available. Also links to every single post is included below so you can check more information.

General details:

• Base game compatible
  • For teen, young adult and adult femsims
  • Disabled for random sims
  • Enabled for naked, everyday, formalwear, sleepwear, swimwear, career, outwear and validformaternity

Credits:

• MJ95 and MrAntonieddu for the shoes. Also EA, Capcom and Koei Tecmo
  • Blooms Base for the 3D toes, the rest of the feet is based on EA's default mesh

Zip contents:

Bummer. Sims 3. I was pretty excited at first and I would definitely grab this *if* I still played Sims 3. Still, I might just as well download this if I happen to wander off to Sims 3 again. But anyway, there are still plenty of people playing Sims 3 and this is probably something many will appreciate so kudos for that :)

• 2 months later...

Just install TSRW, use it to open the package that you are interested in and then save it as a sim3pack.....Though why you would want to use sim3packs I can't imagine, I'm slowly converting everything to .package files. 

PS - Happy Xmas Josh.....Thanks for all the great work you've already done on behalf of those of us too lazy to actually do any of our own.

Can you please please make them in sim3pack format?

My earlier uploads are in sims3pack, just visit the links on the spoilers.

​As Afro said sims3packs can be messy to manage the more you install, also the launcher tends to malfunction randomly.

Also merry xmas for you too simhead666!

Amazing - I love these, thanks smile.png

What's your policy in regard to converting these to other sims games?

Glad you like them!

I don't have any rules, TOS, EULAs, etc. You can do whatever you want to the stuff I upload, just give credit to MJ95, Blooms Base and MrAntonieddu when necessary.