[mod] [Stellaris] EoS - Without Apparel Patch

On 11/23/2021 at 4:48 PM, Stultus said:

Tried everything... mod still gives "The path in this mod  descripter file invalid or don't exist"

Does the base EOS from steam work for you? If it does then I suggest you just take the assets from this mod and override them directly into the steam download. That's all this mod does anyway. It's not ideal but it should work.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:17 PM, Archimedes38 said:

So I got it installed and at the bottom of my load order but all the elves just still wear the normal outfits, is there something I'm doing wrong?

Not all of the species use the nude clothes. There is one though that uses all nude outfits. I believe its the second elf portrait set but don't quote me on that. 

• 2 months later...

yeah i have the gog version of the game and mods are a dam hassle to get to properly be found by the official launcher paradox adds. however irony seems to create .mod files itself so you could technically just edit those files until stellaris sees the mod in question (im having a lot of strange issues like mods that arent there still showing up on the launcher and such) i also have issues with ck2 mods recently. but ck3 works fine with irony. i really dont understand what i am doing wrong with these paradox games. XD (with ck2 i was having isues downloading mods from workshop, as in they would never fully download)

The path entry in the .mod file has an extra "/" at the beginning that the launcher doesn't like. It should look like this:

path="mod/eos_wa"

Changing this should fix any issues people are having with getting the mod to load.

Edited by jllllll

Irony has extra fail safes such as deleting and regenerating the .mod file based on the descriptor that would allow it to get around this issue. The Paradox launcher simply refuses to load any local mod if it has an invalid path value, even though fixing the problem automatically is simple. Basically, Paradox is too lazy to make a good launcher. Path values shouldn't even be necessary for us to specify in the first place since the mod folder is the same name as the .mod file.

12 hours ago, jllllll said:

Irony has extra fail safes such as deleting and regenerating the .mod file based on the descriptor that would allow it to get around this issue. The Paradox launcher simply refuses to load any local mod if it has an invalid path value, even though fixing the problem automatically is simple. Basically, Paradox is too lazy to make a good launcher. Path values shouldn't even be necessary for us to specify in the first place since the mod folder is the same name as the .mod file.

the issue with this is, it doesnt find the mods even if it is the correct path. for me anyway. at least until i apply it with irony then it finds the mods just fine. 

On 2/16/2022 at 1:29 AM, vixi said:

the issue with this is, it doesnt find the mods even if it is the correct path. for me anyway. at least until i apply it with irony then it finds the mods just fine. 

One group on Steam has given some really great advice, Never again use the Paradox Launcher for Stellaris. Now if only Irony will work for Surviving Mars.

• 2 weeks later...

well i did notice that you only need to apply the mods in irony once, then you can just go back to using paradox's launcher to play the game. seems to work for me. but i have to apply it every time i change my mod order. so there is a downside i guess.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/6/2022 at 5:46 PM, rallyelgen said:

Could you please update the installation instructions?

Just change 

path="/mod/eos_wa"

to

path="mod/eos_wa"

Remove the / in the beginning.

Then the mod will show.

There is no need to find the drive path and such.

The launcher handlers that automatically (if needed).

Thank you. It working now.

Sigh... Installation instruction on download page are very misleading.