Slammer64's Distributed Necklaces

View File

Alright, time to update this puppy, It's with great pleasure that I'm releasing beta v.03 for general testing of a mod I think almost everyone will enjoy, my distributed neck seam hider mod. It's based off the work of Exeter's Neckchain's and Drag's Neckseam Concealer's and as stated on their page's at the Nexus, they have both released their mods for use as long as they are credited and I do so. I couldn't have created the meshes or textures as I don't have an artistic bone in my body, so all due credit should go to them. As of right now there are only 7 hiders in the mod for females and 6 for the males. I'll need bug reports in case I fouled something up, so don't be afraid to tell me I fucked up. After downloading the mod, place the meshes/textures in the data folder as well as the .esp. The esp, since BOSS won't recognize it should be placed approximately in your load order around the added armors section, where neckchains.esp would go normally. If you are using Exeter's Neckchains, you should disable his mod before testing mine. This should not overwrite any other assets, but as always backup before you test. Sorry guys and gals, but if it blows up your computer, gets your cat pregnant, or any other silly stuff, it's not my fault!

Oh, one more thing, before anyone asks, what this mod does is dynamically distributes necklaces (neck seam hiders) to all female and now male NPC's on cell load, rather like Neck Seam Concealers Expanded by Khettienna does for Oblivion. I'd like to thank Exeter and DragBody for the work on their respective mods, Minksi and AcidicMind for the help on the rescripting of the mod and in case I forget (which I did, the names anyway) I'd like to thank the modder(s) who helped with fixing my botched scripts. I'll leave .02 version up for those who want it. .v3.1 is up, fixing a scripting error pointed out by AcidicMind. Versionless fix uploaded, just drag and drop.

• 1 month later...

Damnit! This mod needs more attention! Basic, straight forward and totally functional!

At first I figured, "meh just another seam choker", but I really do like how you did this Slammer. For the most part they do hide the seams effectivly enough. I just have one bit of feedback for an adjustment.

Sine the chokers are lootable, which is very cool, I think some of them are a bit over priced for the levels which they are placed. IE. level nothing Wastelander wearing a 300 CAP choker. It only caused an issue where it felt it was too much of a financial gain just by selling chokers...which just about everyone has.

Maybe tune down the value of them and keep the a few rare expensive ones maybe? I'm not sure how you have theloot table set up, but over all I do like it.

In addition.... the White Pearl Necklace did get a juvinille giggle out of me.

A mod worth using over all.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

VegasChr1s, did you install both meshes and textures in the correct directory, did you activate the esp in FOMM, and did you sort the load order with BOSS as I suggested? Also we need a sample of your load order, also remember to activate archive invalidation in FOMM. If you tried installing this mod with NMM, I guarantee it won't work. I need feedback other than "it doesn't work".

Thank your for your answer.

I had to reload and save my savegame a few times, now it works !

Very good mod, really solves the problem. You should put it to newvegasnexus, really great work.

Maybe you can put my solution on the top for others with the same problem.

• 11 months later...

Sorry, I don't even have FO3 installed, it's for FNV only, but feel free to port it to FO3 if you like, I'd only ask that you post it on LL so everyone could enjoy it.

I've ported this to Fallout 3 as Distributed Neckchains:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/20211/?

It uses the resources from Exeter's Neck Seam Concealer Chains and the script from Slammer64's Distributed Necklaces. Requires FOSE.

• 2 weeks later...

It has come to my attention that the AddItem function can lead to issues, namely that NPC's might not be able to use their weapons. I haven't had this issue myself but other users have - and it's documented on the G.E.C.K site as well. Anyway, Martigen (of MMM fame) has been gracious enough to update the script with the workaround fix described in the G.E.C.K. article. Feel free to use it if you'd like to update the mod. :)

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=AddItem

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/20211/?

• 2 months later...

Hey, good to see this updated. The males are not functioning properly with the current download. The females are working fine. It just looks like a few errors in the script. I sent you a PM with an attached file that fixed them for me in my game. Great work btw!