So here's a question: how does one set up a DD- or Zaz-enabled item so that the player can't equip weapons or spells when a certain item is worn? Is it just a matter of adding the right keyword entries (zbfEffectNoMagic for instance) or is a more complex / customized setup required? I've looked at a few other mods that do that and they all seem to have a custom script. Ugh. Guess I'll have to learn to speak Papyrese after all!

I dont know how DD does things but zaz integration only requires the right keywords.

I think the only ones you need are the "zbfworn..." and "zbfeffect..." keywords.

Edit:

Ok I just took a quick look at DDI and the whole lockable item thing seems to use dummy items.

the restrictive gloves for example has 3 entrys under armor.

zad_restrictiveGloves with just the zad_Lockable keyword.

zad_restrictiveGloves_scriptInstance which always seem to have these keywords : zad_Lockable, VendorNoSale, SexLabNoStrip, MagicDisallowEnchanting and one keywords which referes to the item type in this case zad_DeviousGloves.

zad_restrictiveGlovesInventory which always seem to have these keywords : zad_InventoryDevice, VendorNoSale, SexLabNoStrip, MagicDisallowEnchanting. The Inventory Armor Item is the only one that has a script attached in this case zadGlovesScript.

If you replicate this DDI integration should work as well if i havent missed something.

I think you can just use the scripts from DDI for the matching bodypart.

This mask is for Oblivion ,don't waste your time

Sorry, I don't quite understand this comment. :blush: What's wrong with the mask pictured a few posts above? It looks like a real object to me.

Interesting stuff, they look like DD items but still a bit raw (you know, the way they fit to the character, the textures etc)

Good work :)

Thanks! Yeah, some rough edges here and there on the models. And I'm learning the hard way that form-fitting on one character is badly clipping on another :@  and that's before even looking at cats and lizards. :shy:

Thanks! Yeah, some rough edges here and there on the models. And I'm learning the hard way that form-fitting on one character is badly clipping on another :@  and that's before even looking at cats and lizards. :shy:

As a reference shape i would use the femalehead.nif from the game files at least the DD items all fit to that mesh. In case you dont know how, you can get the base mesh by extracting it from Skyrim - Meshes.bsa with BSA Unpacker.

I dont have created meshes for skyrim myself yet because i just cant get it to work with blender so this is just an observation but maybe this helps with fitting the items.

So here's a question: how does one set up a DD- or Zaz-enabled item so that the player can't equip weapons or spells when a certain item is worn? Is it just a matter of adding the right keyword entries (zbfEffectNoMagic for instance) or is a more complex / customized setup required? I've looked at a few other mods that do that and they all seem to have a custom script. Ugh. Guess I'll have to learn to speak Papyrese after all!

Have you taken a look at Devious Rubber Masks?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40532-devious-rubber-masks/?p=1015858

The latest update to it has pony hooves that actually function like this. They block weapon or spell equips when worn.

As a reference shape i would use the femalehead.nif from the game files at least the DD items all fit to that mesh. (...)

Thanks for the hint, I didn't know that yet. I have been tinkering around with RaceMenu to get different head sizes all the time, glad to hear there may be a simpler approach.

Have you taken a look at Devious Rubber Masks?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40532-devious-rubber-masks/?p=1015858

The latest update to it has pony hooves that actually function like this. They block weapon or spell equips when worn.

Thanks, I have looked (briefly) at how Noting Doing set up the hooves there. I'll have to study it some more, but my first impression was that there was a custom made script involved... hence my guess that I'll need to learn scripting for Skyrim now. Ugh. Well, at least there appear to be tons of help threads and resources available at various websites.

Thanks, I have looked (briefly) at how Noting Doing set up the hooves there. I'll have to study it some more, but my first impression was that there was a custom made script involved... hence my guess that I'll need to learn scripting for Skyrim now. Ugh. Well, at least there appear to be tons of help threads and resources available at various websites.

You could script that yourself and it wouldnt be that much work actually.

But you can just use the zbf keywords for that and i think thats even preferable because of how the scripts handle the whole no fighting etc thing i think it could very easily conflict with the zbf no fighting script.

just use "zbfEffectNoFighting" and "zbfEffectNoMagic" there are some more of these usefull keywords in the zbf library just search for zbf in the ck under keywords.

If you need any help with scripting or want me to write some small scripts for the items just pm me i am happy to help.

Didn't try your mod yet since i have a quite stable game for the very first time, but i had an idea checking your pictures:

There could be some nasty stuff done with the, uh, inflatable gloves? No idea how hard that would be to do properly, but connecting those with some inflatable plugs (and "crawl on fours" mod) the plugs would/could inflate with every step while sneaking. Not really preventing you from sneaking, but moaning with every step won't help to be hidden...

Thanks, I have looked (briefly) at how Noting Doing set up the hooves there. (...)

But you can just use the zbf keywords for that and i think thats even preferable(...)

If you need any help with scripting or want me to write some small scripts for the items just pm me i am happy to help.

Thanks much for the kind offer! I've done what you suggested and converted the gear to use the Zaz anim pack's keywords and it seems to work smoothly now. I'm leaving the DD equipped items in place to come back to later, when I'm more familiar with how that system actually works (and gotten my head around the scripting stuff.)

but the pony arms clip a lot when using a standard UNP body.

Is your version for CBBE?

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm using Bodyslide UUNP, switching between UNP and UNPB presets during testing -- I may have gotten something wrong there. Or I messed up something with the _0 and _1 mesh variants. I'll look into it.

Didn't try your mod yet since i have a quite stable game for the very first time, but i had an idea checking your pictures:

There could be some nasty stuff done with the, uh, inflatable gloves? No idea how hard that would be to do properly, but connecting those with some inflatable plugs (and "crawl on fours" mod) the plugs would/could inflate with every step while sneaking. Not really preventing you from sneaking, but moaning with every step won't help to be hidden...

A fascinating idea -- but at the moment I'll have to say impossible for me to do. Scripting is like dark magic to me, the last time I "scripted" anything was back in the early 90s with BASIC. And even there I didn't get much further than BEEP :blush: 

Thanks, I have looked (briefly) at how Noting Doing set up the hooves there. (...)

But you can just use the zbf keywords for that and i think thats even preferable(...)

Thanks much for the kind offer! I've done what you suggested and converted the gear to use the Zaz anim pack's keywords and it seems to work smoothly now. I'm leaving the DD equipped items in place to come back to later, when I'm more familiar with how that system actually works (and gotten my head around the scripting stuff.)

but the pony arms clip a lot when using a standard UNP body.

Is your version for CBBE?

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm using Bodyslide UUNP, switching between UNP and UNPB presets during testing -- I may have gotten something wrong there. Or I messed up something with the _0 and _1 mesh variants. I'll look into it.

A fascinating idea -- but at the moment I'll have to say impossible for me to do. Scripting is like dark magic to me, the last time I "scripted" anything was back in the early 90s with BASIC. And even there I didn't get much further than BEEP :blush:

Imho the main problem would be to create meshes for the connection between gloves and plugs. If that can be done... i didn't do any coding since years either, but devious devices already provides everything, if nobody else can be found to do that, i'll learn enough about papyrus to copy it to appropiate places   :)

I downloaded version 005 and there seems to be some issue with the change made to the biped slots for the gasmask accessories - they're invisible.

I checked the .nifs and it looks like the body part slot was never updated to 42 despite being changed in the .esp - I swapped it from 44 to the proper 42 but they're still invisible even after saving/redownloading/reupdating both the .nif and .esp, etc. 

Anybody else having this problem / Any potential fix that I'm missing?

I downloaded version 005 and there seems to be some issue with the change made to the biped slots for the gasmask accessories - they're invisible.

I checked the .nifs and it looks like the body part slot was never updated to 42 despite being changed in the .esp - I swapped it from 44 to the proper 42 but they're still invisible even after saving/redownloading/reupdating both the .nif and .esp, etc. 

Anybody else having this problem / Any potential fix that I'm missing?

The latest version placed them in the circlet slot. If you haven't updated to it, that should explain why.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, the gasmask accessories are invisible for me too. Using version 005.

Devicehider from Devious Devices is disabled. I equip the mxw Gasmask then the rebreather, but the rebreather doesn't show up. Any ideas?

There's a slot conflict. I suggest checking both the mod in the Creation Kit and the meshes themselves in Nifskope to see which slot the meshes should be, then adjust in Nifskope.

• 1 month later...

Don't suppose their is any chance of getting any male support for this?

Haven't actually though of it to be honest. But why not? There's nothing on those items that says "girls only", so once I have the f models finalized it should be easy enough to Bodyslide them to match the m base bodies.

Or anybody feeling adventurous could give it a try right away! I'd be happy to include the thus modded parts in the main mod if they turn out okay. You'd of course also have my permission to post a 'mod-mod' of your own.

Now I'll just need some (well, a lot) more free time to actually get back to work on this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

There really needs to be a true Ponygirl mod. one where you're perma sealed into this gear. gag with ears, tail plug and those awesome hoof-glove/boots. Of course, you'd need a trainer or someone to 'Follow' you should you wish to run around skyrim.

Or just a mod where you're kept in a stable (also in full set of said gear) and just let out to pull carts or farm plows.

I like this gear.