[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

1 hour ago, El_Británico said:

Same problem here. 

Ah, I see it. Thanks for bringing it up. Unless you're a vampire or werewolf, I forgot the damn image for the event.

I'll get it fixed and an update posted, likely tomorrow after work.

14 hours ago, R0nin78 said:

Yeah, tested this three times now and she keeps marrying people. Could just code her so she's unable to marry and that should fix it.

Are you clicking on the correct option?

One option says to invite her to your court.

The other one is to not invite her to your court. - The one where you DO NOT invite her, has her portrait on it, because she is ALREADY in your court at that time, and the DO NOT option actually banishes her to a nearby realm.

If you're seeing her icon on an option and just clicking on it without reading - then that's why you're seeing her outside of your realm.

1 hour ago, Svetla said:

hi dew .. i killed rayne first time she attacked me , i play as a vampire but she keep reappearing with no icon like in the screenshots on top and kills me instantly

I've never experienced anything like this at all while testing it out as a vampire, and I ran another test just last night as a vampire.

If you are a vampire - Rayne will start combat, with no other option available (she hunts vampires - it's her thing).

If you've the vampire trait, you shouldn't be getting the placeholder image warning from what I've experienced, or from what I saw when I went back through and looked things over.

I don't know if it is this mod or DW (because I didn't test them when the new update came out) But After a few years my FPS drops to 3. It is most likely a event repeatedly firing, but I am unsure if it is accumulative (like the AI being stuck in an event loop) or one event causing it. 

50 minutes ago, Tebix said:

I don't know if it is this mod or DW (because I didn't test them when the new update came out) But After a few years my FPS drops to 3. It is most likely a event repeatedly firing, but I am unsure if it is accumulative (like the AI being stuck in an event loop) or one event causing it. 

What mod is DW?

If you mean Dark World - that mod is long dead. This mod (Dark World Reborn) is the one that replaced it. You shouldn't be trying to run both.

On a different note:

Change log for the update I'm about to post.

v1.65 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Fixed a missing image issue with BloodRayne's events
    - Revisited the childbirth logic related to racial traits - half-breed births are possible vampire (dhampir)

11 minutes ago, dewguru said:

What mod is DW?

If you mean Dark World - that mod is long dead. This mod (Dark World Reborn) is the one that replaced it. You shouldn't be trying to run both.

On a different note:

Change log for the update I'm about to post.

v1.65 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Fixed a missing image issue with BloodRayne's events
    - Revisited the childbirth logic related to racial traits - half-breed births are possible vampire (dhampir)

I meant darkest perversions, mixed them up

Edit: It also be Toska messing up things.

On 4/9/2018 at 2:52 PM, Tebix said:

I meant darkest perversions, mixed them up

Edit: It also be Toska messing up things.

8 hours ago, Quazar said:

Is this new version compatible with Noxbestia's newest version of mod or CK+ ? 
P.S. Thanks for a update though, love vampire stuff

I have not yet updated NDPA for the latest goodies @dewguru has given us.

Hey guys I posted a while back about the Jus Prima Noctis Events failing to work even when manually fired and given a target that way. 
I was playing as an independent male ruler with cock, and seem to have this issue even without submods. on a limb does anyone have a solution? or will I have to hope that @dewguru fixes this  I feel bad for asking but @NoxBestia you have a lot of experience digging around in event files etc from DW any ideas?

The new vampire events are fun. Won a fight with the vampire, in this savegame I luckily was able to breed werewolf genes into my lineage immediately which meant that it was a vampire-werewolf fight (it otherwise would take several generations to breed a female ww because I like to play with matrilineal marriage disabled). This error showed up but only on the first time. The Rayne spawning event keeps firing even if she is already in your court (for example as your paternal grandmother).

I have PC 7 and it was a tough fight (first two turns put me at 0-2) so I wonder if it's even possible to defeat this vampire without legendary or top tier equipment like Mjolnir.

It brought a grin to my face when I ran into Blondelle and realized that because she was in my realm (is this new?) I could send my men to seize her and add her to my harem, turning her into a baby factory for werewolf spawn. Two kids later I accidentally killed her during a full moon :confused:.

Fun mod for sure.

ck2_14.thumb.png.89279b5b1dd0025083a9f23058e368ba.png

2 hours ago, mistertshirt said:

The new vampire events are fun. Won a fight with the vampire, in this savegame I luckily was able to breed werewolf genes into my lineage immediately which meant that it was a vampire-werewolf fight (it otherwise would take several generations to breed a female ww because I like to play with matrilineal marriage disabled). This error showed up but only on the first time. The Rayne spawning event keeps firing even if she is already in your court (for example as your paternal grandmother).

I have PC 7 and it was a tough fight (first two turns put me at 0-2) so I wonder if it's even possible to defeat this vampire without legendary or top tier equipment like Mjolnir.

It brought a grin to my face when I ran into Blondelle and realized that because she was in my realm (is this new?) I could send my men to seize her and add her to my harem, turning her into a baby factory for werewolf spawn. Two kids later I accidentally killed her during a full moon :confused:.

Fun mod for sure.

The vampire that spawns is randomly generated, so it should vary in difficulty. Plus, it's RNG related, with no easy win scenarios. if you had a 7, and he had a 1, it's a difference of 6, and should break down to about an 81% chance for you to wound him, and 9.5 % for you both to be wounded, and 9.5 % for him to wound you.

If your 7 and it's a 5, then it's suddenly a lot harder, as with only a difference of 2, you're looking at something like a 52% chance to hurt him, 24% chance to both be hurt, and 24% chance for him to hurt you.

In most of the tests I did, the combat rating for the vampire that spawns is only 1 or 2.

Fighting Rayne is a very dangerous fight, as she is healthy, and has a high combat rating. In most my tests with weak rulers, she curb stomped me, although there was one bout in my testing, where my little combat rating 0 ruler somehow managed to win, which I'm alright with, as there is always a risk in fighting, and it was definitely an outlier when taken in as a whole.

I'll look into the issue with the Rayne event still firing though. That's not supposed to be happening, unless I've messed up my global flag creation or check.

EDIT: Sure enough - I failed on both counts. I neither created the global flag for creating Rayne, and failed to check for it as well. Thanks for bringing this up.

EDIT2: I also see why the first round of fighting the vampire goes into the error catching event. It's because I didn't do a combat round prior to calling the event, so there are no results to show at first.

4 hours ago, byehi said:

Hey guys I posted a while back about the Jus Prima Noctis Events failing to work even when manually fired and given a target that way. 
I was playing as an independent male ruler with cock, and seem to have this issue even without submods. on a limb does anyone have a solution? or will I have to hope that @dewguru fixes this  I feel bad for asking but @NoxBestia you have a lot of experience digging around in event files etc from DW any ideas?

I haven't looked at that section in some time, but I can't remember it firing very much last time I actually got to play a game.

On 8.4.2018 at 6:40 AM, sas0066 said:

I used to play DWR  and submods with ck2+, but single DWR update 1.63 Game crash around 11 months of game

yeah i tried it with the last update and the heresy submod it is totally broken, the base DWR should not be such a problem. looks it is fine but somehow the religions stuff by the submod breaks things. but the base mod is just fine. Am curious i read i the thread that lilith religion would be added into the core mod, but i can not find anything in the game files. Cause i am curious if i can use them in CK+ earlier start dates cause there is not a schismn it will happen later into the game or maybe never

1 hour ago, Japan001 said:

yeah i tried it with the last update and the heresy submod it is totally broken, the base DWR should not be such a problem. looks it is fine but somehow the religions stuff by the submod breaks things. but the base mod is just fine. Am curious i read i the thread that lilith religion would be added into the core mod, but i can not find anything in the game files. Cause i am curious if i can use them in CK+ earlier start dates cause there is not a schismn it will happen later into the game or maybe never

I've no plans to add the religion to the core mod. Those plans were scrapped many moons ago. Secret Societies are as deep as I'm going for religious based content in the game.

2 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

I haven't looked at that section in some time, but I can't remember it firing very much last time I actually got to play a game.

I know where the issue is. It looks like a bad trigger in DWCourt.910, but I'm not worried about fixing it at the moment, as I'll be doing a minor overhaul to that section.

Although I might take a stab at something in the release that'll be out later this month. I was thinking about doing one this weekend as I've a couple fixes (repeating Rayne's, Nosferatu initial combat round hitting the error trap event), but the next release would be another save game breaker, so I'll likely just add more stuff to it before releasing it, to make it feel more worthy of starting a new game.

17 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I've no plans to add the religion to the core mod. Those plans were scrapped many moons ago. Secret Societies are as deep as I'm going for religious based content in the game.

ah okay then i understood something wrong thx for your reply :smile:

15 hours ago, byehi said:

Until Dew has a chance to fix this, the bastards mod file in this post fixes the issue: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/90669-dark-world-jpn-bastardy-mod-and-assorted-garbage/ 

Just update the Dark World Reborn version number in the .mod file.

2 hours ago, RavenActual said:

Did this update change how inheritance works? Playing as a werewolf and none of my kids seem to have the werewolf trait when they're born, I have to add it in with the console.

Hrm. Most likely, yes.

I was in the middle of working on the inheritance part when the errors were brought up that the last update fixes.

I pulled out a part of the inheritance that wasn't done, as it would break save games, alas, it looks like it broke inheritance in the process, and I'm not certain what it looked like in the update any longer, as I've resumed my work on it.

Edit: Yeah it looks like the issue is I commented out a portion related to a trait that wasn't implemented yet (as an offspring between a human and a werewolf will become a half-breed known as a werekin), yet didn't keep a reference to being made a werewolf - so unless both parents are a werewolf, the inheritance will likely fail completely. I'll see if I can wrap up what I've got going on right now and release an update this weekend.

You can edit DWCore.8000, and find where the werekin trait was commented out, and put add_trait = werewolf there for the time being.