Working solution for Sexout facial expressions: AnimTools customized

What this does: It uses AnimTools with a custom animations package to add facial expressions to a character during sex (or whenever, for that matter). The character will briefly stand up while the expression is added, but then resume the Sexout anim with the facial expression of your choice.

After being frustrated for a long time with the lack of facial expressions in most of the Sexout animations, I stumbled across the AnimTools mod and realized that it could be used for solving the problem.

AnimTools, in short, makes it possible to make your character or an NPC (selected by aiming + keypress) play any animation from a number of lists which you can customize yourself. Exactly how you do this is explained in the PDF file in the Optional - Custom Anims package.zip of AnimTools. You can also keybind up to nine animations to play using Numpad keys 1-9.

Using the instructions in that PDF, I made a custom anims package containing all the facial expressions and morphs from FAFF in two of the animation folders used by AnimTools (Cat0 and Cat2 folders in Data\meshes\characters\_male\idleanims\AnT). Using basic GECK skills, I also made a modified ESP file which only changes the original ESP in that it adds proper names to the expressions and morphs in those two folders. This is what it looks like (go read the aforementioned PDF or use your common sense to figure out what it means):

Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][0] := "0-Expressions"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][1] := "Fa01"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][2] := "Angry"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][3] := "Ashamed"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][4] := "BlueSteel"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][5] := "Cheesy"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][6] := "Chilled"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][7] := "Confused"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][8] := "Disgusted"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][9] := "Dopey"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][10] := "Drunk"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][11] := "Evil"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][12] := "Happy"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][13] := "Hurt"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][14] := "Laa"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][15] := "Miserable"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][16] := "Oow"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][17] := "Pain"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][18] := "Pouty"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][19] := "Sarky"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][20] := "Scared"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][21] := "Smug"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][22] := "Snooty"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][23] := "Snoozy"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][24] := "Spock L"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][25] := "Spock R"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][26] := "Sulky"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][27] := "Surprised"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][28] := "Yawning"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][29] := "(FORCE)"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [0][30] := "(Reset)"

Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][0] := "2-Morphs"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][1] := "Aah"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][2] := "Anger"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][3] := "Big Aah"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][4] := "Blink Left"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][5] := "Blink Right"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][6] := "BMP"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][7] := "Brow Down Left"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][8] := "Brow Down Right"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][9] := "Brow In Left"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][10] := "Brow In Right"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][11] := "Brow Up Left"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][12] := "Brow Up Right"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][13] := "Ch J Sh"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][14] := "Combat Anger"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][15] := "DST"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][16] := "Eh"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][17] := "Fear"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][18] := "FV"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][19] := "Haooy"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][20] := "I"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][21] := "K"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][22] := "Look Down"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][23] := "Look Left"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][24] := "Look Right"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][25] := "Look Up"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][26] := "Mood Afraid"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][27] := "Mood Angry"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][28] := "Mood Annoyed"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][29] := "Mood Cocky"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][30] := "Mood Drugged"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][31] := "Mood Pleasant"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][32] := "Mood Sad"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][33] := "N"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][34] := "Oh"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][35] := "OhhQ"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][36] := "Pained"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][37] := "R"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][38] := "Sad"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][39] := "Squint Left"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][40] := "Squint Right"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][41] := "Surprise"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][42] := "Th"
        Let antQuest.arAnimAlias [2][43] := "W"

------------------------
Installation
------------------------

1. Install AnimTools and its requirements.
  2. Install the anim package containing the expressions and morphs provided below. (NOTE: The package I provide will also overwrite the OTHER AnT folders (AO, Cat1,  Cat3 through Cat9, and Output) with random animations, that I haven't named in the ESP. So if you are already using a customized AnimTools package, use only the Cat0 and Cat2 folders, rebuild your custom package, and modify your ESP accordingly.)
  3. Overwrite the original AnT.esp with this one.
  4. I recommend installing the BodyMorph skeleton. (For some reason, I can't get some of the expressions to show while using Astymma's Compatibility Skeleton.)

DISCLAIMER: You MAY have to run all the BAT files included in AnimTools to make this work -- I'm not completely sure of the mechanics at work here. Read the aforementioned PDF in AnimTool's Optional - Custom Anims package.zip and follow the instructions there if it's not working after installing as above.

------------------------
In-game instructions
------------------------

You should familiarize yourself with how to use AnimTools if you haven't already.

My recommendation is to set one of your Numpad keybinds (I use "9") to play the expression named "(Reset)" for easy access. The others can be used to set expressions such as Happy, Pain, Angry or Ashamed, or use Big Aah for those blowjob anims that don't open the female's mouth by themselves.

When you use a keybind during a Sexout animation, your character/selected NPC will briefly stand up while the expression is added, but will then resume the Sexout animation with the chosen expression added to her/his face.

You should be aware of how to use the console commands "playidle resetface" and "player.playidle resetface", as for some reason the aforementioned "reset keybind" doesn't always work to remove stuck expressions. It does most of the time, though. If nothing else works, save, exit and reload, but it's been a while since I had to resort to that (and I suspect it was before I installed the BodyMorph skeleton).

Needless to say, this is far from a perfect solution to the lack of facial expressions in Sexout -- but hey, it works.

CREDIT: A.J. deserves all the credit for the excellent AnimTools mod, including the easy-to-follow instructions on how to customize it. All I've done is customize it to serve a particular purpose, which a drunken chimpanzee could have done once it got the idea.

If anyone wants to take this and keep tweaking it, make sure you credit A.J.

AnT.esp

AnimToolFacialExpressions.rar

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this, and it worked about 10% of the time; Same old Sexout/FAFF incompatibility problems.

You apply the expression, which stays on the character's face only when she stands up during sex.

If you set the expression to loop, she stands up indefinitely or until you clear the expression. I've got

all the requirements. AJ's Animtools works just fine, and so does Bodymorph. The only thing I've ever

found that worked for applying face expressions is AJ's PFE program; only four expressions, but a hell

of a lot better than nothing... now if there was a way to load in different sets of expressions into PFE

in-game, that would be useful.

This probably comes from one of the animation replacers you installed. It's an idle animation that resets the facial expressions. EDIT (damn I don't remind which mod contains them... was it FAFF? It's hard to generalize. I rememeber for example the animated chems uses them). They are files named mtidle.kf, sneakmtidle, pamtidle etc. which are located under \meshes\characters\_male, and eventually some extra subfolders, but not inside \idleanims subfolder.

I've got Raestioz's PC Idles installed. So does this mean I need to find the face reset idle animation and remove it?

I don't have FAFF installed; I was under the impression it is bundled with Sexout.

Hard for me to say. Potentially, every animation mod could include the facial reset inside its files, so I should inspect Raestioz package and see if it comes with animation files or it is only a ESP.

If you feel to make a drastic experiment, you could try this:

- un-select Raestioz (the ESP) from the load order for now.

- browse in this folder: \meshes\characters\_male

- and its subfolders

(names like "female", "locomotion", but NOT idleanims subfolder)

- in these folders, check every file which has "idle" on it, like mtidle, pamtidle, sneakmtidle etc.etc.

- move them in some other place, not a subfolder, completely in another place (i.e. your desktop). Don't forget where you picked them, if they come from subfolders.

- launch the game, do not load an existing game, instead start a brand new game and see how animations behave now. You can trigger manually a FAFF going in TFC and then Player.PickIdle <name of the FAFF>, but unfortunately I'm not at the GECK computer and I can't check them. They should be something like ... FE01 etc.etc.

- (optional) install the new bodymorph skeleton uploaded few days ago

Archived