• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

problem! :P 
....no wait....ignore that.
i can't use the nexus mod manager to install have to do it manually
the zipped folders are laid out nicely.

.............Requiem..................I gave it 5 hours and uninstalled it....
changes too much of skyrim IM used to into its own way of doing things.
but moving *that* slowly even while naked and carrying nothing is just not enjoyable at all.....

Just made a CACO Patch for those interested. You will still need both mods. Just load after both and so on. CACO  CACO - Potion Replacer

Good job, I did this yesterday and ended up in a position where I would have to do it again and I really didn't want to have to do that. I decided to check because maybe someone might have posted one and here you are saving my ass. Thank you

• 3 months later...

I'm a bit confused about how to make this mod work, the description says to download the patch with the main file, but in my load order it says the patch is for requiem, I don't use requiem tho, so I tried using just the main file without the patch and the potions became invisible, had no picture in inventory, and would vanish forever when I dropped them.

If the patch is actually required to make the mod work then maybe it would be best not to name it after requiem unless that mod is a requirement, as the description says requiem is an optional requirement.

Also I put the mod after anything in my load order that would otherwise overwrite it, I hope I can get it to work cos I like the mod, it looks great in the pictures. :)

EDIT: it appears that this mod only works on potions u find lying about, it doesn't seem to assign a mesh to those that u create yourself, so created potions are invisible and disappear if dropped, has anyone else had this problem?

This looks like an amazing mod but due to my lack of knowledge of meshes and textures, etc, the risk of installing it manually and then not knowing which files to remove if it doesn't work is to high so can someone PLEASE make an NMM compatible version?!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE and Thanks ^_^

Oh just to clarify I don't use Perkus Maximus, Requiem or SkyRe. I just need replacers for the vanilla potions.

This looks like an amazing mod but due to my lack of knowledge of meshes and textures, etc, the risk of installing it manually and then not knowing which files to remove if it doesn't work is to high so can someone PLEASE make an NMM compatible version?!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE and Thanks ^_^

Oh just to clarify I don't use Perkus Maximus, Requiem or SkyRe. I just need replacers for the vanilla potions.

I didn't even know that this wasn't NMM compatible, I tried to install it with NMM, maybe that was why it didn't work for me, I can't say I've ever used anything from loverslab that didn't work with NMM so it would have taken me off guard. :/ oh well, pity.

I didn't even know that this wasn't NMM compatible, I tried to install it with NMM, maybe that was why it didn't work for me, I can't say I've ever used anything from loverslab that didn't work with NMM so it would have taken me off guard. :/ oh well, pity.

Just fix the folder structure and re-zip it for use in NMM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, someone posted an updated version of this mod on the Nexus. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78578/

They say they have Aleanne's permission, but I'm surprised it is not posted on LL nor listed in this thread.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up !  Looks good.

So I saw MXR feature this and I love how it looks but after downloading every potion has the fancy shape but they are all the same shade of purple bottle and all. I'm still new to modding stuff. Wondering if someone could help me fix this.

Same thing here.

I put the Potions.esp and the patch dead last in my load order, but I have the same "no texture Purple" on some and many are missing the mesh entirely.

If I drop a potion to the ground, it disappears. 

I tried again and selected "No" when the patch wanted to overwrite, and I put the patch after Potions in the load order.

Some are still missing, and many of the potions are now Renamed to potions of "faint, good, Remarkable, Surpassing".

Is that from the Main Potions mod or the Patch??

I'd love to be able to use this mod.  What am I missing??

Thanks!

From youtube potion replacer comments :

+cordelephant yeah, the mod structure and description are pure awesomeness. anyway, manual installation: step1 - grab the main file 'PotionsReplacer.7z' (26.48MB), find 'meshes' and 'textures' folders and extract them into your Skyrim\Data directory. step2 - grab 'PotionReplacer_PatchV0.2.7z' (1.23MB) and extract 'meshes', 'textures' and 'Potions.esp' into your Skyrim\Data directory, overwrite when prompted. activate Potions.esp plugin in NMM. optional - go 'qoq qasmoke' find 'All Potions' container and check if everything's fine "

To make it even easier just install the first one as directed and then install the patch as is.
  • 2 weeks later...