Idles and behaviours - Fallout New Vegas

They will be even more girly in the next version, I finally managed to lower those damn football player's shoulders on females. The good part is that you can decide to unactivate via MCM everything you don't like and only keep what you like. Actually there's a bug and this function doesn't store the results... but, yeah, once I'll upload the corrected version, it will work in this way)

No, it's acting like it should. You *must* move Bip01, it is how an actor / creature is moved in game: its Scene Root is moving. You can still copy the Bip01 interpolation datas from the vanilla walk and pasting it on your animation, later, via nifskope.

Another odd thing about the pipboy activation animation, can it be made to not effect the lower body?

I am using a sneak animation replacer, so that may be the source of the the behavior, but when activating the pipboy in sneak my character straightens their legs through the ground, then returns to a crouched position. Not a huge deal, I am just wondering if such animations can effect only part of the body, seeing as your other idles will play while runinng, walking or standing, or if each requires a seperate animation.

I remember it was working even in sneak mode. It could be that the sneak animation replacer changed the original priority of the lowerbody. All these small issues can be solved, however in the "stable" version I temporarily unactivated the pipboy animation to test better other features

• 2 weeks later...

Hey A.J. first of all i wanted to say a very big thanks for all your mods! I'm back at playing New Vegas after a longer break and all of your mods are a big reasons for that. They really do a lot for the overall gameplay. :)

I'm also really looking forward to the new version of this mod!

I have a small question and if it would be possible a request. I think this would be the place to ask since it is about idles.

Now your (and prideslayers) Body Morph is absolutely fantastic. I use it and it works great. I use it to increase the breast size of my body a bit.

Now since this increase in size seems to mainly happen "forwards" the breasts do look more unnatural while in the normal mtidle. This isn't a problem while walking or with other bnb animations, where it looks great, just while standing still.

Now my question is. Is it possible to change the normal mtidle so that the position of the breasts is not that high, and instead more like that while walking? (one of the "lower" positions to make it seem more hmmm saggy?)

to illustrate what i mean

current position

3ShjXJ0.jpg

what i would like it to be

qFz98Un.jpg

Now i have no idea if that would look stupid on all the characters that are not affected from Body Morph, but i think it would look good on my character. (at least it shouldn't negatively affect the male characters that use the same idle.)

Another related question, is the mtidle position of the breasts also the one that most of the pose mods would use? (Those that do not affect the positions themselves). Because this is also one of the reasons i'm asking. At the moment i'm mostly changing Body morph back to 0 when i use a pose mod, since this problem with the unnatural breasts is otherwise also present in most poses. (But it's probably the initial position of the skeleton  that is used isn't it?)

It's no problem if it isn't possible or you do not have time or interest to look into that, you already made my game much better!

oh yes everything is possible, however I would prefer understanding better.

which mtidle are you using? is it mine or it's from Thaumx BnB mod? or vanilla? or some other mod?

This is my assumption: I believe the breast position you mean on mtidle is it's natural position, then during the walk the position is lowered. I could be wrong of course. Forgive me but my eye is not the best. Now the problem with modifying a standard is that it solves your problem and causes the opposite on another body type which was fine with that value.

Well... to understand a little better what's wrong... do you have nifskope? I suggest you to install it if you don't, it is useful to open nifs even for users, it's a very nice program. However, nifskope shows you the mesh as it is. So, for example, you could open the armor in your screenshot (leather armor I guess, type...6? 3?) and check if the breast is in the same position like during the game, during the mtidle.

On a side note, I'll release in some future a new mtidle. I found a way to make localized (fem / male) idles, so I'll upload the one I'm using, where the woman breathes more deeply. That one, since it's "mine", we could tweak it together. However unfortunately I can't give an ETA. I would say a month. I'm in the middle of a couple of big "works" and I would love to finish them. One is BodyMorph, which will soon be updated with new features and finally will go out from beta. The other one is Behaviours mod, which I re-did completely from scratch and it's a huge project, I'm personally very interested in this one and I'm trying to give it some priority.

Last thing, the "forward breast" in BodyMorph. It's a combination of more factors. But I can't do much with it. Maybe you install a different body mod (or armor replacer mod) and the breast will appear in a different way, because it was weighted in a different way.

Well, now I didn't say the true, it's not true that I can't "correct" it. But this correction would be fine for your body type and maybe will ruin another body type, for what I said previously, about standards etc.etc.

TL;DR - it wouldn't be bad having comparisons with other body types, to see if it's a common issue and we can "tweak" the values to correct them all.

Also, (but this is a parallel project which I won't work until I won't see interest in it) I can potentially introduce ALL the custom you want on a body. Do you want to re-shape the breast/pelvis/shoulder/whatever/etc. in a peculiar way? let's do it. However before doing something like this I would need to see interest, it's a ton of work and it's pretty much "closed", how can I say... it can't be used for other purposes, so if this purpose is not appreciated, it makes no sense for me wasting ton of time, I guess you understand what I mean.

You are right, I'm talking about the natural position of the mtidle. I'm using your idle at the moment from your female walk mod.

I could have guessed that the armor would cause confusion, but i didn't want to post nude pics since we are in the non adult forum.

Hope it's OK to post this here, but here are some nudes to better demonstrate what i mean.

NSFW!

This is the body I'm using at the moment. It's a t6m body which i think should be one of the most used ones. This is the natural unaltered state. And it looks good for a body (and breasts) of this size.

843u83y.jpg

Now if i use body morph and increase the size by a max of 6 (to better show what i'm talking about) then it looks like this. Here comes what i meant with mainly forward. The breast are now bigger but are still at the same hight they were while smaller, making it look "unnatural" (to me at least)

urDGzfl.jpg

Now if you walk then the bnb animation make the breast bounce, and while that happens the breasts look a lot more natural, since they now they sag a bit more which looks more like i think breast of this size would look naturally. And this is also the position that i think would be great for the natural position of the mtidle.

4K9miJc.jpg

I also tested this with other body mods, even though i don't have pictures at the moment, but the problem is always present to an extent. But the results differ of course. I mean it isn't surprising with changes from say more than 2 in Body Morph.

Also "problem" is of course relative. If someone likes big fake looking breasts than he would probably think it looks better that way. I like them to be more natural. So it will never be something to please all.

I'm also well aware that this would not be something that would look good on all body mods especially if you don't increase the breast size via Body Morph, that was why i said i understand that if it would be to much trouble to do something about that. Since it probably only affects a few people. And the idle would only be of use for them.

Of course if it would be possible to do something about that via body morph. That you could for example de or increase gravity to move the breast also up or down, that would surely be the most elegant way to it without changing the idles.

Or if that would be more something for your other project that you mentioned than i would be very interested in it!

Oh and yeah i have nifscope and i know my way around in it if it isn't to complicated.

I read about your new gender specific idles and really look forward to it! Espcially to be able to change for example the position of the shoulders for females without making males look goofy! (and the deeper breathing would also be very welcome!)

It's also no problem that you have other stuff to do at the moment. Chances are great that i will benefit from those aswell, since i use most of your mods. :D.

And of course if it could end up as something that will benefit all and not only a few people that would be the best.

that you could for example de or increase gravity to move the breast also up or down, that would surely be the most elegant way to it without changing the idles.

this is probably the fastest (and maybe better?I'll think about it) way to do it. I could simply provide optional assets to overwrite the original ones, with comparative pictures, for those like you who could prefer a lower breast. I'll try to post them this next weekend, along with the other updates, if I can catch Prideslayer :)

Thanks for all your feedbacks :)

that you could for example de or increase gravity to move the breast also up or down, that would surely be the most elegant way to it without changing the idles.

this is probably the fastest (and maybe better?I'll think about it) way to do it. I could simply provide optional assets to overwrite the original ones, with comparative pictures, for those like you who could prefer a lower breast. I'll try to post them this next weekend, along with the other updates, if I can catch Prideslayer :)

Thanks for all your feedbacks :)

Sounds fantastic! I also think this is the best solution since it will give you the possibility to change it just so much to fit it for whatever bodytpe you are using and amount you are scaling. In comparsion to the idle that would have one fixed position.

Thank you very much! :D

• 2 weeks later...

So I've only started playing New Vegas for the first time just a few days ago. It's pretty frikken amazing!

Anyhoo, I found your idle mod and am really enjoying it. Great job!

My only request is that the mod somehow remembers the idles that I unticked in the MCM. Everytime I load the game I have to reopen the MCM and untick the idles that I don't want. Maybe an .ini file or something could be incorporated?

That being said, thanks for your work!

thank you

yes it's a known mistake from my part... the new version is corrected, but it's not still online. I need to finish this first, because it's related. I'm trying to work on it the most I can, but it's a pretty huge update, it has dozen of animations I had to re-work :-/

• 4 weeks later...

This one is aMo. Do you mean the BodyMorphPlugin, maybe?

In both cases, I'd say yes and no. It's a matter of "philosophy". In general, every mod with animations potentially can interfere with another one, because animations are strong, they control and bend the NPCs to the game engine's will.

It will conflict in the way that when you load the game and BodyMorph will "create" the body, in these few seconds your character won't trigger any idle. If you use AnT on a character which is playing an idle, it probably won't work. If you use AnT on a character which is refreshing its body with BodyMorph, it won't work. In general, in many cases you can't trigger 2 animations together, because they are created in a certain specific way that blocks that - to prevent that the idles will be continuously interrupted by other events. In the last version, for example, you have the possibility to trigger drink and food animations when you drink or eat. If you activate them, they are MANDATORY, you can't do anything else while you are eating. You also can't eat/drink/inject more than a ingestible, until its animation is finished - I did it for realism purpose. In practical, you inject a stimpak during a combat, you won't be able to combat for 4-6 seconds, the time you need to inject it, however you're not restrained, you can run away, you can backup behind a house for example.

TL;DR there are many reasons why animations can create small glitches and annoyances while you are playind. If you ever played the famous mod Animations, in Skyrim, you can understand what I mean - the system is similar, so the downsides.

Last, I had to delay a little this new version because I feeled the need to create a Stamina bar, because it's part of the full idea I have in mind. Since it's done, more or less, I can come back to my idle mod finally.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm aware, thank you, it was a huge mistake of mine. If you are brave enough, you could check the code and remove the initialization on get game loaded, it shouldn't be too much complicated. I mean, I don't recall, but usually I'm methodic, my GetGameLoaded blocks are inside the main quest and the init variables usually have a name like bInit.

I never uploaded the new version because I'm working at its overhaul, I re-did almost everything from scratch, there's tons of new idles (some are connected to events like if you're hungry you have stomachache or if you're hurt you will touch the hurt part from time to time, etc.), there's even headtracking for the player :)

But to finish it I have to make still a huge amount of new animations... I decided to add an animation for every ingestible eaten, it's a very long work :-/

I want headtracking!! :lol:

It really bugs me that my courier just stands there and has that 100 yard stare. I was also really excited to see eating and drinking animations, but really disappointed that I haven't read the complete mod description beforehand. 

I want headtracking!! :lol:

It really bugs me that my courier just stands there and has that 100 yard stare. I was also really excited to see eating and drinking animations, but really disappointed that I haven't read the complete mod description beforehand. 

Don't tell me, Headtracking is one of the few mods I really can't miss in Skyrim, I can't play without it. Here's a small example. It's not super precise of course, I can't make miracles because the engine doesn't allow that, but it's still something.

You can see a small example of drinking (but it's very speeded up) at the start of this. The speed is very fast at start because it was mainly about the drunk state, to show how alcohol requires some time to make effect. By the way, I dare you fight in a drunk state like that :lol:

The problem I always feeled with alcohol (and drugs in general) is that they give you too much buff and too little debuff, while it should be the contrary. Now of course if there are these bad consequences everyone could simply think "so why the hell should I drink a bottle of vodka"... well, because my idea would be spreading datas across the mods. For example, imagine if your female character is totally drunk in some Atomic Wrangler, and is feeling sooo bad that is collapsing every few meters... and someone from another mod notices it and starts interacting with your character because he thinks that since she's completely drunk he will have more chances. This all happens because I'm spreading events that the character is completely drunk, so these kinds of encounters can happen more frequently if another mod decides that. Etc.etc.

It would be nice if these behaviours create an interaction with the npcs around, and I hope I'll be able to do that with the help of T and his mod for example.

T's mod (DRL) is exactly what I need/want this for. There is always some down-time in activities, so having your character actually visually doing something is quite nice. It would be awesome if a mod like this and t's mod could be able to interact with each other. Let's take the alcohol thing: Your character sits at alone at the bar, has a drink and t's mod picks up on that and sends a courageous NPC over to hit on them. Or your example, that if your character has had one too many, less reputable NPCs might take advantage of that, like robbing you or, you know "sexout things". :lol: 

What would also be cool, would be to have the animations somehow tie into t's mod. Maybe give the character four situational anims to play on the press of a button and have NPCs react to that, according to their character.

T's mod (DRL) is exactly what I need/want this for. There is always some down-time in activities, so having your character actually visually doing something is quite nice. It would be awesome if a mod like this and t's mod could be able to interact with each other. Let's take the alcohol thing: Your character sits at alone at the bar, has a drink and t's mod picks up on that and sends a courageous NPC over to hit on them. Or your example, that if your character has had one too many, less reputable NPCs might take advantage of that, like robbing you or, you know "sexout things". :lol:

That's exactly what I had in mind. Since god...I mean, since Jaam gave us the events, we can interact easily in a lot of ways.

To let you understand how easy it is:

Maybe give the character four situational anims to play on the press of a button and have NPCs react to that, according to their character.

I already have this in mind. For example you can play an instrument, or dance.

While you do this, the mod casts an event, just like if it's a radio, it says loud "Hey, look at me, I'm dancing". So, if T's mod or any other mod want, they can catch the occasion and cause a consequence of that action.

This is mainly the 2 features of this mod - some casual / random behaviours triggered by the character itself, to make it more alive (like headtracking, idles, but also I would love to add voice in the future, and maybe with different selectable accents too :) - that would be very nice, but it's a real hell of a work, believe me); the second feature is "actions", those triggered directly by you, with a hotkey or interacting with an item (click on cigarette - smoke the cigarette).

The only downside to it is ... they are incompatible each other. Actions kill idles, it's an engine thing. For this reason, ANY feature will be selectable via MCM, you'll have to make some compromises.

i have turn off the animation for the pipboy but still not working.... its like the mod stop when you access pipboy menu,
oh and i also install your other walking and sprinting mod. this mod work fine but i was just wondering if the mod clash(or the load order as idle animation stop when run or walk)?
but even with other mod turn off with just this mod, i still have the same problem.