How does one make Script Dragon work with Mod Organizer?

It seems like dinput.dll and scriptdragon.dll that came from the latest version of ScriptDragon doesn't work when launching from mod organizer.

Script Dragon isn't really buggy if you don't use its .asi files that came with it.

Im using TK dodge SD version because its lightning fast than the SKSE version. However as said above mod organizer doesn't work with SD.

I heard that I can use symbolic links or hard links to make it work, but don't know how.

Any ideas?

I haven't used ScriptDragon: Heard too many negative things about it's impact on stability. As far as I know though, a manual install of the dll's (Directly to the Skyrim/ directory) should result in them being loaded in place of your system dlls (Thus, resulting in ScriptDragon working, regardless of how skyrim is launched).

I'm with Min on this one but I just wanted to clarify one thing. MO's mods start at the Data directory level so anything that's not in the Data directory tree or below wont work as a MO mod. So anything that needs to be in the Skyrim root directory can't be installed by MO.

o/

If you are still interested at the end google hardlinkshellext for the file to add a shell extention for dropping hard and softlinks. 

Softlinks/hardlinks aren't required to make stuff work with MO, where it becomes useful is for keeping track of files that are not part of the core directory, not including files created later.  Basically, files with green arrows don't belong the directory, but as you see there are some screenshots that were created later.

scriptdragon.jpg

As the picture shows, my ENB, TES5Edit, LOOT, and other related mods that are in a complete different directory.  In the case of ENB files, I can click on a file's properties/open file location to find out which ENB file I'm using, this allows me to mix and match ENBs pretty easily.    After installing the shell extention.  Just drag and drop into your skyrim directory.  There will be a new option drop as hardlink/softlink

Folders cannot be hardlinked, folders and files can be softlinked.  So normally softlinks are fine.

Some caveats.  Softlinks are not treated like shortcuts or the original files under all conditions.  For instance, if you were to drag and drop a file, say enblocal.ini over enblocal.ini then the new file will overwrite.  But because a softlink is a filename + a pointer they do not overwrite, you will need to manually delete and old enblocal.ini softlink before dropping a new one, otherwise you will have an "enblocal.ini" that is a softlink and an "softlink of enblocal.ini"   Deleting softlinks does not affect the original file, but deleting the original file will kill the softlink.  Hardlinks are a treated as a complete new copy of the file even though only one exists.  So you CAN delete the original file of a hardlink and the decendent file will still work.

Now back to scriptdragon.

To get scriptdragon to work, you will need to drop dinput8.dll and scriptdragon.dll into your skyrim directory, either directly or as hard/soft links.

In mod organizer you can install the asi folder containing the scripts.

o/

If you are still interested at the end google hardlinkshellext for the file to add a shell extention for dropping hard and softlinks. 

Softlinks/hardlinks aren't required to make stuff work with MO, where it becomes useful is for keeping track of files that are not part of the core directory, not including files created later.  Basically, files with green arrows don't belong the directory, but as you see there are some screenshots that were created later.

scriptdragon.jpg

As the picture shows, my ENB, TES5Edit, LOOT, and other related mods that are in a complete different directory.  In the case of ENB files, I can click on a file's properties/open file location to find out which ENB file I'm using, this allows me to mix and match ENBs pretty easily.    After installing the shell extention.  Just drag and drop into your skyrim directory.  There will be a new option drop as hardlink/softlink

Folders cannot be hardlinked, folders and files can be softlinked.  So normally softlinks are fine.

Some caveats.  Softlinks are not treated like shortcuts or the original files under all conditions.  For instance, if you were to drag and drop a file, say enblocal.ini over enblocal.ini then the new file will overwrite.  But because a softlink is a filename + a pointer they do not overwrite, you will need to manually delete and old enblocal.ini softlink before dropping a new one, otherwise you will have an "enblocal.ini" that is a softlink and an "softlink of enblocal.ini"   Deleting softlinks does not affect the original file, but deleting the original file will kill the softlink.  Hardlinks are a treated as a complete new copy of the file even though only one exists.  So you CAN delete the original file of a hardlink and the decendent file will still work.

Now back to scriptdragon.

To get scriptdragon to work, you will need to drop dinput8.dll and scriptdragon.dll into your skyrim directory, either directly or as hard/soft links.

In mod organizer you can install the asi folder containing the scripts.

Im sorry for but can you explain to me on how to make it work? So I only need to install the 2 .dlls from scriptdragon to the skyrim directory not data. How do I use them as soft and hard links in mod organizer?

Sorry im new to MO.

As far as i understand Script Dragon, all contents are installed into the games main folder and not into the data folder, which is managed my MO.
So from my point of view, you install Script Dragon the same way you install the SKSE executables and DLLs.
Script Dragon then injects itself upon game start and is nothing that is managed by MO or any other mod manager.

TL;DR: install Script Dragon as described (which is fully manual and not thru any mod manager), fire up the game and it should work.

Archived