Argonian Hybrid

bigdawg78

*Last Updated 7-2-14*

Halo asked me not to release a race mod, but multiple people have asked me to release my textures.  So, with a little regret I cannot provide an awesome mod (which would be my first mod ever!!!!) I give you a link to download the textures.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ws2dwj0542y6pz/ArgHyb_7b.zip

*modified & improved diffuse textures* 7-8-14

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oacujpd9yy2ayuu/arghybdiffuse.zip

Please note the muscle map is specifically for Sevenbase.  I would have provided more, but since I am not allowed to release a full race mod, my interest in the project was cut short.

I must give credit to the following:

1.  Halo for his Breezy textures.  They are also available for download.  http://mod.dysintropi.me/quick-breezy-update/

*NOTE* The only textures taken from Breezy, where the argonian diffuse maps (and even then, none of the human areas) as well as normalmap for face.  I can't give him enough credit as he inspired me to try this. 

2.  SG UNP textures by HelloSanta.  Both face, stomach, and breasts.   http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35267/?

3.  Barbarian and Muscle Map by HoneyVanity.  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35267/?

Note that I used the Sevenbase barbarian normalmap (breasts & stomach only!)

HoneyVanity on the link gives credit to a lot of other people.  I'm not sure who the origin of the Sevenbase muscular normalmap is.

*IMPORTANT*  Please monitor Halo's mods.  When he releases his race mod, you can use these textures in their place.

Halo is going to release a race based on his Breezy textures in the near future, and has asked me not to release a race mod based on Breeezy to the community.  Here is his latest update.

Early pics (green with dragonscale)

enb_2014_06_27_21_17_16_75.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_18_25_31.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_19_39_32.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_20_32_07.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_21_41_03.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_22_18_17.jpg

New Pics 6-28-14

enb_2014_06_28_19_36_46_31.jpg

enb_2014_06_28_19_37_01_77.jpg

enb_2014_06_28_19_37_28_10.jpg

enb_2014_06_28_19_37_42_13.jpg

enb_2014_06_28_19_38_22_87.jpg

enb_2014_06_28_19_38_52_75.jpg

enb_2014_06_28_19_39_13_46.jpg

*UPDATED* 6-29-14

gOl4BhN.jpg

lrIouaA.jpg

UFgUWr6.jpg

PiEPDsd.jpg

gYtNBQJ.jpg

Added 6-29-14

clfQtdel.jpg

J9mhtJTl.jpg

FBEj7TYl.jpg

HQ7Gv2dl.jpg

I made her "disgusted" with mfg (due to the excessive rain) but I think I over did it.  Oh well...she was quite miserable.

ZYSIuPll.jpg

Added on 6-30-14

Sasha just finished killing the emperor.  It was time to pay a visit to her client. 

SpA2jf6l.jpg

BzP74hWl.jpg

FU80zddl.jpg

Added more on 6-30-14 

c6C9olIl.jpg

M6Pi8xPl.jpg

47l2GGvl.jpg

5VSkkPBl.jpg

G25Z8Dal.jpg

GC1Okx9l.jpg

... and some bath pictures.  She got the blessing of dibella and misunderstood the directions.  

kb3PTVLl.jpg

HCiyYvWl.jpg

Gho3GEFl.jpg

Mw9KeDOl.jpg

*Added 7-2-14*

DvehaPYl.jpg

h7rMDP9l.jpg

3MHT39rl.jpg

*added 7-4-14*

c7Ywvxhl.jpg

wDl8rB4l.jpg

EOh2SGZl.jpg

*Added 7-5-14*

kOM6Xf0l.jpg

RkfSu70l.jpg

02HnIwil.jpg

qv4qetkl.jpg

kDU1aA7l.jpg

FQkWCgnl.jpg

0pZMw7Yl.jpg

*Added 7-6-14*

1nwCTiCl.jpg

Earlier, on her way to face Alduin.

p01k89Ul.jpg

ksDeqtUl.jpg

Skuldafn temple

raZtpGJl.jpg

hMk7GVJl.jpg

After the battle, she began changing.  

GC2AJD6l.jpg

sIZdg32l.jpg

vYsR78El.jpg

Accepting her new gift

Phs0YeTl.jpg

lYOl0gMl.jpg

wqjfcXtl.jpg

Perched like a dragon

LMYUB9Ul.jpg

--------------------------------

I ran across a neat creation on Halo's website, but it appears to be only available as a stand-alone NPC.  I waited...hoping someone would generate a custom race.  So, yeah I gave in and am trying to do it myself.  I highjacked an existing custom race mod (Eiries Ohmes-Raht), changed out the textures, modified the textures, changed out the mesh files (UNPC to 7B HDT), etc etc.

Some beta pics with some bugs still.  NOTE:  these have been corrected.

enb_2014_06_27_17_27_20_12.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_17_27_45_65.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_17_30_21_01.jpg

I removed the ears.  Still need to fix the face.

enb_2014_06_27_17_56_23_90.jpg

I am going to work to try to get the textures out to the community.  At least one person has suggested optional horns as part of the race.  Any suggestions for argonian-esque horns?

I remember using a combination of mods to come up with something similar which was pretty sexy, but when I went looking for it, I had trouble finding much. 

I did locate this mod: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/5244-wip-beast-race/

...which may or may not be one I used before, but it does sort've accomplish what you're looking to do, and so might help you further your own mod! It looks very pretty so far. ^_^

I've fixed the face textures now.  Also have corrected the powers for the race in the ESP.  This is about as far as I can go though, without being able to compile the papyrus script.  I guess I could start asking for permissions from relevant parties and then upload it for someone else to do the papyrus script.  Don't misunderstand...this works just fine the way it is.  But the folder and ESP all reference Ohmes-Raht.

This is basically what the papyrus script "would" have in it, if I could compile it.

Scriptname ArgonianHybridRaceController extends Quest  

FormList Property HeadPartsArgonianHybrid  Auto  

FormList Property HeadPartsArgonianHybridVampire  Auto  

GenericRaceController Property raceController Auto 

Event OnInit() 
raceController.NewArgonian = none 
raceController.NewArgonianVampire = none 
raceController.NewBreton = HeadPartsArgonianHybrid
raceController.NewBretonVampire = HeadPartsArgonianHybridVampire 
raceController.NewDarkElf = none 
raceController.NewDarkElfVampire = none 
raceController.NewHighElf = none 
raceController.NewHighElfVampire = none 
raceController.NewImperial = none 
raceController.NewImperialVampire = none 
raceController.NewKhajiit = none
raceController.NewKhajiitVampire = none
raceController.NewNord = none 
raceController.NewNordVampire = none 
raceController.NewOrc = none 
raceController.NewOrcVampire = none 
raceController.NewRedguard = none 
raceController.NewRedguardVampire = none 
raceController.NewWoodElf = none 
raceController.NewWoodElfVampire = none 
raceController.proxyRaces() 
EndEvent

I'm a bit worried about getting the permissions though.  I believe I've got a mish-mash of parts that I used to make her.

XPMS modified beast skeleton for HDT
7Base HDT body
I believe the head mesh is from Halo, but I've added HDT to that
Halo Breezy textures as a base and then
  - SG textures for face and body 
  - barbarian muscle (7b) for human chest

I've got a wrist gap in certain poses.  I assume it's because I'm using a 7b body and the original was UNPC.  Probably just need to hunt down a better hand mesh (probably from the 7b body folder).

All-in-all she's smok'n hot and one of the few I would put into dragonscale/dragonbone armor.  

Part of me just hopes Halo asks me for the zip file and pushes it out himself.  He'd do a better job at packaging it than I ever will.

It is missing a lot of dependencies.  Most likely because I have the game and all my mods setup through Mod Organizer.  I am able to compile vanilla scripts with the papyruscompiler.exe just fine (I used notepad++).   I admit, I am a bit baffled that I wasn't able to compile through the CreationKit.  

If I could run notepad++ through Mod Organizer, I could compile the scripts just fine.  But, Mod Organizer is only 32-bit and is not capable of running 64-bit (which is what I think notepad++ is).  

I may be able to fudge a batch file through Mod Organizer to compile the script, but at this point, I think I'm just wasting a huge amount of time.  The mod works just fine for me.  I just can't push it out to the community in the state its in, because it is not setup correctly (it's got ohmes-raht file structure, etc). 

I've read others with similar problems though.  They tend to develop their mods in the actual data directory as opposed to the virtual space Mod Organizer sets up.  I just am not quite ready to start messing with my nice clean vanilla Skyrim install I have.  I'm partially tempted to install Skyrim on another computer just for mod development.  But as I don't make mods normally, this is a bit of a stretch.

I figure anyone who has compiled a race papyrus script could probably compile this and generate the pex file.  It isn't long or complicated, and is pretty much a carbon copy of the OhmesRaht script just with the OhmesRaht term replaced with ArgonianHybrid.

I tried compiling the GenericRaceController too, but it is missing DLC1 compiled scripts.  Now that I think about it, these may be buried in the BSA files somewhere.  

*EDIT*

The clue that tells me the problem is not in my script, but in the install or how I am trying to compile, is that I can't even compile the GenericRaceController.psc or the OhmesRahtRaceController.psc file that cam pre-compiled.  It is missing DLC1 dependencies.

I toyed with the idea of compiling ALL of the scripts in CreationKit.  Ummmm.....it crashed.  Yeah, CK didn't like the idea to compile everything.

*EDIT2*

I went ahead and loaded the CK through MO again, and with the current ESP I am just using the OhmesRahtRaceController.psc.  This was already compiled.  But for show, I tried to compile it anyways so I can show you the kind of errors I get.

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "OhmesRahtRaceController"...
<unknown>(0,0): unable to locate script OhmesRahtRaceController
No output generated for OhmesRahtRaceController, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on OhmesRahtRaceController

The CK can see the file's existence, but when it tries to compile it, it doesn't seem to be recognizing the virtual directory structure that Mod Organizer sets up.  

For giggles, I placed the actual script in the folder though.  And then, with CK still open, tried to compile the exact same script.  Please note, this script has already been compiled by Eiries, so I know it works.

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "OhmesRahtRaceController"...
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(203,19): mslVTFeedAction is not a property on script playervampirequestscript or one of its parents
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(327,22): cannot convert to unknown type dlc1vampireturnscript
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(327,22): cannot cast a quest to a dlc1vampireturnscript, types are incompatible
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(327,48): dlc1vampireturnscript is not a known user-defined type
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(327,47): type mismatch while assigning to a none (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(328,22): cannot convert to unknown type dlc1vampireturnscript
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(328,22): cannot cast a quest to a dlc1vampireturnscript, types are incompatible
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(328,48): dlc1vampireturnscript is not a known user-defined type
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(328,47): type mismatch while assigning to a none (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(337,17): RaceList is not a property on script playervampirequestscript or one of its parents
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(337,16): type mismatch while assigning to a none (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(338,21): RaceList is not a property on script playervampirequestscript or one of its parents
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(340,18): VampireList is not a property on script playervampirequestscript or one of its parents
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(340,17): type mismatch while assigning to a none (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(357,19): PlayableRaceList is not a property on script companionshousekeepingscript or one of its parents
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(357,18): type mismatch while assigning to a none (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(358,23): PlayableRaceList is not a property on script companionshousekeepingscript or one of its parents
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(360,20): PlayableVampireList is not a property on script companionshousekeepingscript or one of its parents
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\yarc_initquestscript.psc(360,19): type mismatch while assigning to a none (cast missing or types unrelated)
No output generated for OhmesRahtRaceController, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on OhmesRahtRaceController

Now it's clear it's missing some DLC1 scripts.  The uncompiled scripts are in the Data/Scripts/Source/Dawnguard and other folders.  I tried compiling a few, but no go.  I suspect I need to compile in a certain order to avoid dependency issues.

Notice a few references to things like "yarc_" scripts.  These come with RaceCompatibility.esm mod.  I tried these as well, and get problems referencing DLC1 scripts.

Just for fun (and hopefully spur more interest) here is more screen shots.  I've included a few naked ones.

Not too sure I am glad i used SG textures for the skin.  It's really smooth.  I am a big fan of the mature skin mod.  But I felt that with an Argonian, who would be naturally a little slick and wet, that maybe a smooth skin isn't so bad...almost like really tiny micro scales or something.

enb_2014_06_27_21_17_16_75.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_18_25_31.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_19_39_32.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_20_32_07.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_21_41_03.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_21_22_18_17.jpg

I don't show it, but the scales only go up part way on her head.  It will look real funny with a mohawk or anything that shows her scalp.  Not much I can do about that unless i can get Halo's original argonian textures.  I "could" recreate all the textures using my own argonian textures, but that seems a bit much.

One thing of interest is that when I choose an actual real argonian to play, they shine a bit in my game...like scales would.  But this Argonian Hybrid doesn't shine.  I am guessing it's the specular map.  The specular map for the argonian race looks like a desaturated diffue map; whereas for most humans it is just solid black.  .... or maybe I'm mixing things up with the sk map.  Either way, she isn't as shiny on her scales as I'd like.

*EDIT*

Pointed ears were made using chargen with racemenu.  

One other odd thing is I can't seem to get her to smile or make expressions.  I have my female face animation mod enabled, and I made sure to give her the updated mouth tri file from it, but not working.  I may be missing some other dependency.  I've got a skeleton MO profile for her, so that it loads fast, is easy to find the esp in CK, and I don't have to worry about conflicts or skyprocs, etc.

*EDIT2*

I would like to "blend" the textures a bit better between her skin and scales.  But I was semi-limited given I am already blending a pre-existing normalmap.  I installed a GIMP normalmap plugin, but the results never quite come out right.  

Hopefully if there is interest, and I can get permissions, I will be able to get this out there and get some other more experienced modders input.

If you want them to shine like an argonian, why not just take their specular maps and use it to replace the hybrid map?

Regardless, I was just thinking the other day "man it would be awesome to have an argonian hybrid that isn't incredibly out of date". Your timing is impeccable.

I thought about using Argonian specular map.  So I took a browse at what I was using, and was like "oh, hey, it looks like a desaturated diffuse map".  So for comparison I went and looked at the human one and was like "uhhh...it's all black".  So, yeah, that makes no sense to me.  I'm not even sure that's what is making it shiny.  And even if I did want to use a desaturated diffuse map for the specular, I'm not really sure what to do about the boob/stomach area where there is skin and not rough scales.  Do I make it black?  Do I smooth it out?  Too many questions.  

So I turn to you Mr. Loverlab community.  I salute thee, and hope for a welcome response.   :)

A side note, my wife pointed out I should have added "with HDT boobs" on the title.  She says I'd get more responses.   :P

*EDIT*

As a side note, it looks like SG textures are good-to-go as long as I tell HelloSanta where the mod is uploaded to.  He gives permission for patches or modified SG textures (which these are partially SG textures).

I put a post up on Halo's site in response to a Breezy NPC update.  Not sure how to get ahold of him.  He may have a user name here or on nexus I could PM him.  

I still need to track down the authors for 7b, XPMS w/ HDT support here, and a few others.  It may take more work getting permissions than it will to upload it.

Please note, it's still OhmesRaht on the guts side of the ESP.  Once in-game you'd never know though.

I realized that one of the fundamental problems with the beast races, is a perceived clash with their natural skin tone and that of armor.  Take the green-ish argonian for example.  She looked out of place when I gave her daedric armor.  So I tried a texture patch (i.e. I still have the normal skin tones) to make it more red.  I don't know why, but it always is a lot more red in-game, then in GIMP.  That said, I gave her daedric and took some more screenshots.

Please note, this daedric armor probably will not ever be used with any beast race.  The "tail" on the daedric armor, doesn't move with the tail and they lip horribly.   I'll probably either go normal daedric or some other sexy daedric that doesn't have a tail.  It's said too, because I love the front of lustrianna's daedric.

Oohhhh, I was gonna make her red to match the red skin, but felt a nice clash of pale with red worked better.

enb_2014_06_27_22_51_24_98.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_22_53_00_20.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_22_54_27_86.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_22_58_48_84.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_23_00_09_29.jpg

enb_2014_06_27_23_02_12_02.jpg

Couple shots used Very Sexy Ebony Armor (UNPB).  I don't like the 7B version as it did away with the pauldrons (which you can fix) and the abdomen armor (which you can't fix).  

Bloodskal blade was a nice match.

Hand placement clips horribly (or doesn't line up at all) with the two-hander in some animations.  Poser mod would have worked out better, but I am keeping mods minimal until I am happy with things.

The red is kinda cool... I can see what you were going for but I'm not sure that would be so great with some of the other armors... green is not so bad overall I think.

Overall I really like the look of the body... hope you get it all working, so I can try it out. ^_^

Halo does not want me to release it.  :( Either I will need to create textures from scratch or just wait for his release.  I have no idea how long before he makes the mod.  

I'm itching to play with her in-game, and I have no idea how long it'll be before she's released.  :unsure:

The red is kinda cool... I can see what you were going for but I'm not sure that would be so great with some of the other armors... green is not so bad overall I think.

Overall I really like the look of the body... hope you get it all working, so I can try it out. ^_^

Actually I was going for a more subtle red but over did it  :(

Well, maybe you could try blending together textures that have authors that might be more permissible about using their assets? Also, colors will always look brighter in skyrim than they do in other programs. I learned that one while working with 3ds max.

As for skin colors, I would suggest just letting racemenu modifiers tweak the skin color as needed. I've never used ECE, but I know that Racemenu will let you be just about any color possible.

*Edit* Then again, I guess that wouldn't work quite as well for the skin texture itself... Hm...

I can use the mod I made myself.  I just went through a lot of effort and learning to get this far.  I really don't want to go through it all again.  My concern is Halo doesn't release it for months.  But I don't want to pressure him.

I suspect I'll still have to ask Halo for permission to release a modified version of his textures, as his version didn't have human-like breasts.  I had to redo the human-skin of both the body and the face so they'd match and have breasts.  Then I had to redo the face to match.  I also had to redo the normal map for the body for the breasts (and used a normal map for muscular 7base).

Really the only thing that remains of halo's textures, are the way the face was split between argonian and human, and whatever he used as a source for the argonian textures.

I've directed him to come look here.  I kind of hope he asks for the modified textures and offers them on his site as a alternative patch.  I know that Eiries Ohmes-Raht and Eiries Abyssal Dremora both have alternative patches for different skeletons, or different bodies.  

hey i hope halo gives you his permission your work looks amazing i wish i knew how to make a race mod or make mod like that but good luck

Well Halo already asked me not to, as he was going to release a race like it in the near future.  When he does, I'm going to ask if I can release a texture/body patch mod for his custom race.

Halo's current argonian hybrid textures have no breasts.  

My version has breasts.  The face and belly/breast textures are based off of SG's skin textures.  I've also modified Halo's normalmaps to account for the breasts.  I used a Sevenbase bombshell specific muscular bodymap from the barbarian skin mod.  So I have plenty of changes from Halo's and I'm sure he'll let me put out a patch for it.  I think he just wants to get his creation out first is all.  

Also, although mine looks really pretty, and the stats, voice, and abilities now match female argonian, the file structure in the mod and ESP still reference Eiries Ohmes-Raht custom race.  I wasn't able to compile the argonian hybrid custom race psc.

I was about ready to move the mod over to the actual Skyrim directory and away from Mod Organizer so I could do that, when Halo asked me not to release to the community.  It sorta took the wind out of my sails, but I understand he wants to protect his hard work too.

I keep putting pictures out to spur both an interest in the community and hopefully motivate Halo to release a custom race for these textures sooner, rather than later.

Hehe, I just got the scales to be shiny.  First go around though, the eye sockets were super shiny and the nipples and belly button.  That's all been corrected now.  I now have new, unique, specular maps for this custom race.  

I will put pictures up shortly.

Ok, the images aren't great for showing off the new shiny scales.  They are more shiny, but not too much.  Note that the human skin area isn't shiny at all.

Images are a bit big.  I'm transitioning from postimage to imgur as I didn't like the ads on the former.

gOl4BhN.jpg

lrIouaA.jpg

UFgUWr6.jpg

PiEPDsd.jpg

gYtNBQJ.jpg

I really like the way she looks, and I'm glad you changed where you post pictures... having them be bigger means I don't have to open each one on a separate site to see them!

Are her eyes just solid black? I think that's the only thing I don't completely love about the way she looks... I'd prefer more lizard-like eyes, slitted if possible! That's just me though. ^_^

hey i hope halo gives you his permission your work looks amazing i wish i knew how to make a race mod or make mod like that but good luck

Well Halo already asked me not to, as he was going to release a race like it in the near future.  When he does, I'm going to ask if I can release a texture/body patch mod for his custom race.

Halo's current argonian hybrid textures have no breasts.  

My version has breasts.  The face and belly/breast textures are based off of SG's skin textures.  I've also modified Halo's normalmaps to account for the breasts.  I used a Sevenbase bombshell specific muscular bodymap from the barbarian skin mod.  So I have plenty of changes from Halo's and I'm sure he'll let me put out a patch for it.  I think he just wants to get his creation out first is all.  

Also, although mine looks really pretty, and the stats, voice, and abilities now match female argonian, the file structure in the mod and ESP still reference Eiries Ohmes-Raht custom race.  I wasn't able to compile the argonian hybrid custom race psc.

I was about ready to move the mod over to the actual Skyrim directory and away from Mod Organizer so I could do that, when Halo asked me not to release to the community.  It sorta took the wind out of my sails, but I understand he wants to protect his hard work too.

I keep putting pictures out to spur both an interest in the community and hopefully motivate Halo to release a custom race for these textures sooner, rather than later.

well with all the pictures you post I'm really looking forward to it but seeing halo tend to favor and you use 7base i hope there's a modder with love for cbbe

Archived