Devious Skyrim - outdated - see new pinned thread

8 hours ago, JuliusXX said:

If it's a memory related crash then these instructions might help.

IMPORTANT: 
 1) DISABLE SSME/SKSE memory patch (only the memory patch, if you're using it). Both of these ways to allocate more memory are oudated and less effective than the option below.
 2) Install Crash Fixes. On its page, carefully read about "memory allocation". Activate it and tweak to fit your current mod setup. 
 3) Also, be sure to use ENBoost together with Crash Fixes, even if you don't have ENB.

After you installed Crash Fixes via mod manager, do the next:
 1) Install "SKSE Plugin Preloader" (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75795/?). Download, unzip and place D3DX9_42 to your Skyrim folder (where your TESV.exe is, not in the /data folder).
 2) Go to /data/SKSE/plugins/CrashFixPlugin.ini and open it with any text redactor (notepad for example).
 3) Find and set UseOSAllocators to 1 (UseOSAllocators=1)
 4) Find and set CustomMemoryBlock to 1 (CustomMemoryBlock=1)
 5) Find and set MemoryInfoConsole to 1 (MemoryInfoConsole=1)
 6) Launch Skyrim and open console "~" button.
 7) Look on maximum memory block load. If it's 90% or higher - exit game and find CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb value. Set it a bit higher (for example, if it was 110, set it to 120. Original value is 64), save .ini files, launch Skyrim and check memory block load again. Do this until maximum load won't be higher that 85-90% (check this in populated towns or combat).

I still haven't gotten past new game, but my memory is maxing out at about 62% on highest block. I will try another re-install and let you know.

Regardless, thank you so much for the instructions.

@JuliusXX and @pinky6225 I think I am starting to get this working. Made sure to install SKSE first followed by Crashfixes and SKSE Plugins Pre-loader 1st and it runs. I have majority of DD and Sexlab now working - and I am taking it slower on # of installs before LOOT and test run. 

Thanks again for those excellent directions.

So: not a bug, but funny as hell. I wonder if maybe it has to do with unplanned interactions between ETaC and DCL, but either way it technically worked perfectly.

I was in the copper cask in darkwater passing (ETaC) and I asked the innkeep for help removing the restrictive corset I was in. Which prompted the "bonadage adventure" quest. I get loaded with devices, the screen fades to black AAANNNDDD... I get moved one foot to the door of the copper cask. I wasn't even put outside. I tell him "I'mmm Baaaacckkk" and he releases me, and replaces the restrictive corset with another restrictive corset.

So, funny as hell and entirely pointless adventure. I mean, bethesda games in a nutshell, but made oh so much more by the wonderful modders of the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this should be in one of the DD threads, but what item(s) place arms bound behind back beside armbinders? I have different sets of arm and leg cuffs but they are just on but not connected. Same with leg cuffs, if I have thigh cuffs on, would like them linked. Chains just add a full set of gear in front but then atleast restrict movement.

So... suggestion:

The Devious Arsenal!

Simply put; thematically appropriate ammo. In the case of skyrim, you can use training arrows (or simply regular arrows which are CK'ed into doing no damage.) which force the application of the devious devices. Craftable by the player, maybe even link it to the blacksmithing skills so that as you get better you can create versions which apply more devices, or specific devices. When you combine this mod with submit and a few of the slave mods, you get a ready source of income and easier live bounties without resorting to the abduction mod. Maybe even make some spells (for the witches in the crowd.) which allow for the same thing. An ice spike which does no damage; but strips the target, slaps on the appropriate gear to incapacitate them, and ready to go to the slave trader.

And make it better? Add them to the leveled lists. Suddenly bandits are using "tie me ups", you can find yourself switching from the upper hand to sex toy in a heartbeat. Again, combined with helpless and submit... yeah. Lots of bondage.

Edit: same thoughts applies to fallout 4. But the larger variety of weapons would make it FAR more interesting. Someone already did the bondage grenade, but... mines, syringer ammo, hell: do a large scale area of effect fatman ammo.

I was entirely unsure where to put this, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place.

1 hour ago, Wonko486 said:

Simply put; thematically appropriate ammo. In the case of skyrim, you can use training arrows (or simply regular arrows which are CK'ed into doing no damage.) which force the application of the devious devices. Craftable by the player, maybe even link it to the blacksmithing skills so that as you get better you can create versions which apply more devices, or specific devices. When you combine this mod with submit and a few of the slave mods, you get a ready source of income and easier live bounties without resorting to the abduction mod. Maybe even make some spells (for the witches in the crowd.) which allow for the same thing. An ice spike which does no damage; but strips the target, slaps on the appropriate gear to incapacitate them, and ready to go to the slave trader.

Deviously Cursed Loot has a few spells that do what you describe: Touch of Silence gags the target, Touch of Purity strips and belts the target, and Touch of Control strips and puts the target in an armbinder, a gag, a suit, boots, and a collar.

I had no idea what so ever those spells were even in there. Going to do some research on this, and come back.

Edit: alright, I checked my game. Those spells weren't already in the player list and I couldn't find them in whiterun, so I just consoled them in. As I suspected, they were touch spells. You need to get close enough to be inside melee combat range to use them. I'm talking about weaponizing bondage in skyrim. Bolts and arrows which do either general or specific effects, and the same with distance spells. You could even pull off the same thing with melee weapons, just give it an enchantment. You could start with just an enchanted childs wood sword. No damage, just a couple of quick bops and then bound.

But then you don't just make this stuff player only. Craftable is nice, but integrate it into the levelled lists of the world. Guards with bondage boppers to prevent crimes in the holds. Bandits with incapacitating arrows and tie you up bolts. Hargravens and sorcerers capturing live victims for experimentation (and other things...) with bondage spells used at range. Tie it to your crafting and magic skills, so that specific effects require either greater resources, specific skill tree perks, and higher mana costs. Make it so that a bondage melee weapon has such a high energy cost that you can't make more than one hit using anything less than common soul gem. Make bondage arrows have a financial cost as well, so you need to scavenge them back out of the world, it will regulate how many you have at any given time, and have to put yourself into positions where you are exposed to getting bound again.

You could even make it fair (I guess, if you want to.). Make the bondage weapon effect have a decent chance at failure, or require the entity struck to have a resist roll. You could even require (though I don't know how feasible this one is.) that all those spells, arrows and enchanted weapons don't just spawn more devious devices, but use unequipped devices in your inventory. All things which limit how successful the stuff is, how much you can capture on any given run and the usual weight limitations. Integrate it with "sexy bandit captives" or "sexlab submit" or "sexlab helpless" so that if you're a female player, they deliberately switch to using bondage weapons just so they can have some fun. Hell: while I'm on about sexlab helpless: make it so that bandits will happily rape their own if they find them in bondage. It would work at least as effectively as throw voice shout, plus... you get a floor show for your trouble. Add a long-ish standing stagger effect, or paralysis, or pacify, so you can clean up, then capture the bound target, or least not have them fight back. You could even add a leash spell to make certain that the captives actually follow you.

Let's face it: it's a dog eat dog world, even in skyrim (seriously. I run immersive creatures and saw a pack of wolves... fighting a pack of wolves.) DCL adds this massive restraint system and variety to the world, even going so far as to having the game spawn victims of the traps in towns and cities... and no one notices outside the odd comment (and occasional raping. Depending on your settings.). Are you honestly telling me that there isn't one bandit out there smart enough to work this out? One wizard that didn't envy the level of control the devices apply? One Jarl who doesn't just want his housecarl to shut up about his trips to the tavern? DCL changes how you interact with the world of skyrim at large, let's change how you fight in skyrim as well.

6 hours ago, Wonko486 said:

Those spells weren't already in the player list and I couldn't find them in whiterun, so I just consoled them in.

For future reference, they're sold by the Dollmaker, like pretty much everything else in DCL.

As far as the rest goes: The trouble with putting it in the leveled lists is getting the NPCs to use it without spamming it. If you tie it to an arrow, then every shot they fire is guaranteed to have the effect because normally NPCs don't deplete their ammo when they fire an arrow/bolt (although there's an .ini tweak you can make if you want that). Similarly with a spell, they'll keep using it as long as they have the magicka to cast it.

8 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

For future reference, they're sold by the Dollmaker, like pretty much everything else in DCL.

As far as the rest goes: The trouble with putting it in the leveled lists is getting the NPCs to use it without spamming it. If you tie it to an arrow, then every shot they fire is guaranteed to have the effect because normally NPCs don't deplete their ammo when they fire an arrow/bolt (although there's an .ini tweak you can make if you want that). Similarly with a spell, they'll keep using it as long as they have the magicka to cast it.

I'm not saying there wouldn't be stuff to work out. I'm not a modder, and this is just my suggestion after spending a couple of hours running around in devious skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

After the Beta release of Sexlab Framework 1.63 for SE a lot of ppl are yelling for an official port of DDa, DDi and DDx. I have them already running under SE with some help(someone recompiled the DDi.DLL, someone has converted the esm of DDx, my versin is a patch...) I am abpout to check all the .nif's ingame and I have a problem with all the boots.

Even with the racemenu for SSE installed and running DD can not find NIOverride and refuses to equip the boots. And sometimes i get empty message boxes if i try to equip items on followers.

I want to ask if you could at least offer a patch for the detection of Niooverride?   

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018/2/10 at 3:54 PM, Pfiffy said:

Hi there!

After the Beta release of Sexlab Framework 1.63 for SE a lot of ppl are yelling for an official port of DDa, DDi and DDx. I have them already running under SE with some help(someone recompiled the DDi.DLL, someone has converted the esm of DDx, my versin is a patch...) I am abpout to check all the .nif's ingame and I have a problem with all the boots.

Even with the racemenu for SSE installed and running DD can not find NIOverride and refuses to equip the boots. And sometimes i get empty message boxes if i try to equip items on followers.

I want to ask if you could at least offer a patch for the detection of Niooverride?   

Hello friend, could you please share your DD SSE with me?

9 hours ago, Reniastyc said:

Hello friend, could you please share your DD SSE with me?

I am not the one, who can allow me to do that. As far as I know only one person managed to convert all the ESM's correctly and that is Fred200. He has a strick policy about that: Do it yourself, if you fail ask for help. The .dll for DDi is posted in the threat about SL 1.63. You have to search for it. The rest is an easy thing to do: Convert the nifs with nif optimizer, convert the hkx files with the converttoskyrim.bat (both can be find on nexus) check if you have converted the anims correctly with FNIS (it has a checkbox for that) and then you might be the second one who made it..... This may sound a bit unfrindly, but I don't want to share things without the permission to do so.  

18 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

I am not the one, who can allow me to do that. As far as I know only one person managed to convert all the ESM's correctly and that is Fred200. He has a strick policy about that: Do it yourself, if you fail ask for help. The .dll for DDi is posted in the threat about SL 1.63. You have to search for it. The rest is an easy thing to do: Convert the nifs with nif optimizer, convert the hkx files with the converttoskyrim.bat (both can be find on nexus) check if you have converted the anims correctly with FNIS (it has a checkbox for that) and then you might be the second one who made it..... This may sound a bit unfrindly, but I don't want to share things without the permission to do so.  

Thank you for your kindness. I have tried to do so, but The FNIS told me that there are five Files Missing. If I don't run FNIS, I can load my game. However, If I run FNIS, I will get a CTD when game loading. I don't know why.

Oh, if I use TK Dodge, I will meat the same situation. Do you know how may I solve it?

5 hours ago, Reniastyc said:

Thank you for your kindness. I have tried to do so, but The FNIS told me that there are five Files Missing. If I don't run FNIS, I can load my game. However, If I run FNIS, I will get a CTD when game loading. I don't know why.

Oh, if I use TK Dodge, I will meat the same situation. Do you know how may I solve it?

Have you checked the Dependencies of the mods?

On 2018/2/23 at 12:44 AM, Pfiffy said:

Have you checked the Dependencies of the mods?

Yes, I have checked them.

And when I used FNIS 7.0, I did manage to use TK Dodge, but when I change 7.1, I got that problem. Maybe I did something I didn't notice.

I think I met the same problem when using DD.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gaming_God197 said:

hey i am new to this website been wanting to download this mod Devious devices for awhile now and also new to pc gaming and modding all those mods listed above do i need to download every single one of them in order for this mod to work properly?

No, from the first page of this thread only the three mods listed under "Essentials" are needed to use Devious Devices in your game. All the other mods add content, stories, scenarios or whatever to make use of the things provided by the three Essential Mods, but from those other mods you can pick which ever ones you want to use and leave out those that you don't want. Of course, each of those mods usually has their own list of required mods, so make sure to check each mod's description page carefully about what else you may need to install.

7 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

No, from the first page of this thread only the three mods listed under "Essentials" are needed to use Devious Devices in your game. All the other mods add content, stories, scenarios or whatever to make use of the things provided by the three Essential Mods, but from those other mods you can pick which ever ones you want to use and leave out those that you don't want. Of course, each of those mods usually has their own list of required mods, so make sure to check each mod's description page carefully about what else you may need to install.

ok sweet and this might be a pretty obvious question but once i download and install them do i need to go into my games folder or is it gonna be ready to go like the mods on steam workshop? Im just curious as i am completely new to mods on pc if you could also answer this question for me that would be amazing thank you

2 hours ago, Gaming_God197 said:

ok sweet and this might be a pretty obvious question but once i download and install them do i need to go into my games folder or is it gonna be ready to go like the mods on steam workshop? Im just curious as i am completely new to mods on pc if you could also answer this question for me that would be amazing thank you

Add into either NMM or MO and then install using them. Run LOOT. Run Bodyslide (ALWAYS checkmark Build Morphs). Run FNIS. Play.

P.S. ONLY if you use WyreBash, run AFTER LOOT. Make sure to Re-Activate all plug-ins Bash turned off in NMM/MO.