Trouble with FINS and Mod Organizer

When I try to use FINS in mod organizer to generate my behavior files, it gives me this error:

ERROR 2012: Could not Generate Chaurus.hkx

And yes I set up FINS correctly by the book, since it works perfectly when I don't have sexlab selected.

And when I select all of them  (Framework, MF Spec crouds, Radi Pros, defeat, solutions, submit, aroused, lovers com, nude creatures, dibella sisterhood, sexlab beast tamer.) it gives me this:

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...
ERROR(53): Could not find file 'C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\canine\behaviors\dogbehavior.hkx'.

I've been using mod organizer and FNIS successfully up until the creatures pack, but I'm having the same issue. What has changed that made it stop working suddenly?

Back to troubleshooting.

---

So this is the full error in FNIS:

Reading SexLabCreature ( 1 bear) ...
Generate bearbehavior.hkx
 5 animations for 1 mods successfully included (characters)
Reading SexLabCreature ( 2 chaurus) ...
Generate chaurusbehavior.hkx
 10 animations for 1 mods successfully included (characters)
Reading SexLabCreature ( 3 dog) ...
Generate dogbehavior.hkx
 16 animations for 1 mods successfully included (characters)
Reading SexLabCreature ( 4 dragon) ...
Generate dragonbehavior.hkx
ERROR(53): Could not find file 'G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\dragon\behaviors\dragonbehavior.hkx'.

It looks to be finding a bunch of the behavior files just fine, and throws an error on this one. Since so many of them do work it makes me think FNIS is working properly and that maybe I missed another requirement somewhere.

---

Thinking about it, this:

Generate dragonbehavior.hkx
ERROR(53): Could not find file 'G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\dragon\behaviors\dragonbehavior.hkx'.

Is weird. Is it failing somewhere between those two steps and not logging it?

--- 

Found a few other threads. Weird fix: just keep closing and running Generate FNIS For Users. It'll work through the files and eventually, no more errors.

It's a problem with fnis 4.1 and mod organizer, the error can be ignored though. You should notice that the error is different every time you launch and run the FNIS tool, FNIS succeeds it just thinks it fails so it stops after doing just 1 part of a creature.

So just run the generator again and again, closing it after each run, and eventually it'll successfully complete all creatures, it takes like 2-3 different looking errors per creature. You have to run it a lot so it's a pain, but after you get a clean run from then on it'll work every time without problem. 

Maybe someone should say that this is an error specific to FNIS 4.1.1?

This didn't happen (at least for me) with FNIS 4.1.

I went back to 4.1 because I couldn't get through it at all, every time  I ran it, it would error out on the same creature.

I use Mod Organizer, so I don't know if it errors out under NMM or manual install.

So did some playing around, as I was having the same problem as OP.  Start a clean install, get error with FNIS 4.1.1 regarding creature files.  Did reading, came across the thread and saw partial solution to just keep generating and stepping through files.  Which meant restarting FNIS and generating about 3 times per creature in the package.

That worked all fine and dandy, but, there's a possible solution to it that may work for you.  When you created the link to FNIS through MO, by browsing & right clicking the GenerateFNISforUSERS.exe in the Data tab, MO uses a CMD shell as a preliminary load.  I.e. a cmd /c "run this" command.

Try to modify the Executable configuration to instead point directly to GenerateFNISforUSERS.exe rather than cmd.exe, by erasing the line for Binary, erase the arguments line, then hit the "..." button by Binary line.  It *should* point you directly to the FNIS folder its using in the "Start In" line, and you can double click the FNIS exe.  After that, click Modify to save your changes, exit the config screen, and clean up the Overwrite folder of FNIS data. 

Depending on your loadout, and TESEditing, you might have more data than just FNIS in Overwrite, but if you want to, you can export that line to a custom mod by right clicking it, select "Create Mod..." and save it without enabling it.  Then regenerate your FNIS data and see if it works for you.

It's a problem with fnis 4.1 and mod organizer, the error can be ignored though. You should notice that the error is different every time you launch and run the FNIS tool, FNIS succeeds it just thinks it fails so it stops after doing just 1 part of a creature.

So just run the generator again and again, closing it after each run, and eventually it'll successfully complete all creatures, it takes like 2-3 different looking errors per creature. You have to run it a lot so it's a pain, but after you get a clean run from then on it'll work every time without problem. 

For ModOrganizer, install a 3rd party file explorer to run FNIS tools through. I use FreeCommander, run that through MO, navigate to and run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe. Works perfectly without the need to keep re-running FNIS.

It's also a handy way of navigating your MO file/folder structure that's a bit better than MO's native Data folder view.

P.S. When using MO, you will need to check your Overwrites folder and clear out any old FNIS related files before running FNIS again. I had issues and noticed that Overwrites still contained files dated back a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I think I'm having the same or a similar problem....

FNIS Behavior V5.1.1   7/11/2014 5:24:12 AM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim (Steam)

Skeleton female: Unknown (232 bones)   male: Unknown (232 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading FNIS V5.1.1 ...
Reading FNISBase V5.1.1 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V5.1 ...
Reading SexLab V1.58 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.58 ...
Reading SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution V?.? ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
No GENDER directory Animations\male\
 18 GENDER modifications for Animations\female\

Reading SexLabCreature V?.? ...
ERROR(53): Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\canine\behaviors\dogbehavior.hkx'.

It's ALWAYS dogbehavior.hkx and I've run it like 10 times and it's been the same every time.

I figured out it was dawnguard overwriting the file. A recent change to MO changed the way the DLC was organized or something and I had to change the priority on it.(to very low)

P.S. When using MO, you will need to check your Overwrites folder and clear out any old FNIS related files before running FNIS again. I had issues and noticed that Overwrites still contained files dated back a couple of months.

Indeed. I had the issues after upgrading FNIS and some other mods. Cleaning MO's overwrite folder fixed it form me. MO handles the overwrite folder different then the mod folders. It leaves it up to the mods to clean up that folder and mostly that isn't done, so everything that once ended up there ramains in that folder (could even come from another profile).

• 2 weeks later...

What if you keep getting them? Regardless of how many time you ran and closed?

Same problem here. So here is where I begin, I needed to upgrade MO anyway, had 1.02 or something, upgraded everything. Made sure FNIS was installed correctly. Running FNIS 5.1.1 Ran it and got the same error 53 for the dog behaviors. Then proceeded to sit there for 30 minutes constantly repeating the procedure, closing FNIS and repeating again. Made sure the overwrite folder was empty. Sooooooo, I'm open to bright ideas. I have heard stuff about using some other virtual file explorer but I really dont' understand what that's supposed to do or how it is supposed to fix this. Anyway any and all help is appreciated as right now I find the game largely unplayable.

I don't use MO anymore because there were too many problems there. I went back to NMM, and installed FNIS through there and never had a problem. Problem some people don't know is where to go to run your FNIS program because there are three places its at. I run it, and it gets all my creature features, sex anims, SexLab and other plugins added in and no problem. I always run it two or three times to be careful.

If you are using the MO though, there is one place you run it from only--Go to data, go all the way to the bottom, open up GenerateFNIS, then click on Generate FNIS for Users, but open up the dialogue box and click "Run and Execute." Do that two or three times though in order to get all the animations in as it may miss a few on the first initial run.

If you install Fnis in MO and add it to executables from the Data folder and you did it right you should have no problem. I have 350+ mods (merged a lot of them) and I run everything from MO without any issue at all. From Boss to TE5edit to CK to Bodyslide and Texblend and Skyproc patchers, I've found 0 problems with it, don't know why it's got such a bad rep with some of you.

I don't use MO anymore because there were too many problems there. I went back to NMM, and installed FNIS through there and never had a problem. Problem some people don't know is where to go to run your FNIS program because there are three places its at. I run it, and it gets all my creature features, sex anims, SexLab and other plugins added in and no problem. I always run it two or three times to be careful.

If you are using the MO though, there is one place you run it from only--Go to data, go all the way to the bottom, open up GenerateFNIS, then click on Generate FNIS for Users, but open up the dialogue box and click "Run and Execute." Do that two or three times though in order to get all the animations in as it may miss a few on the first initial run.

YOU ARE  A GOD****, MOTHER****ING GENIUS! SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A DRINK! NO SOMEONE GO FILL AN OCEAN WITH THE FINEST WINE AND THEN OFFER IT TO THIS GUY!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this is really old, but no one ever really resolved it, that I saw. I figured out that my left pain order was creating a conflict in FNIS and, by reordering a few files, I resolved it. Using MO's left pane reorganization can cause bugs like this.

It was resolved ages ago. Just make sure you've installed the latest version of MO and FNIS, and have FNIS properly used from MO: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs

I know this is really old, but no one ever really resolved it, that I saw. I figured out that my left pain order was creating a conflict in FNIS and, by reordering a few files, I resolved it. Using MO's left pane reorganization can cause bugs like this.

It was resolved ages ago. Just make sure you've installed the latest version of MO and FNIS, and have FNIS properly used from MO: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs

EDIT:---------------------------------

I worked for me now.

I re-downloaded all 3 FNIS modules again... created my own .7z file with the 3 merged into one "data" folder and only then installed it into MO.

Now it worked just fine.

I'm still intrigued, how come FNIS was working just fine for me until today? I already have been playing with idles before attempting to install SexLab.

----------------------------------------

Original Post:

I have the latest version of MO and FNIS but I'm having this problem...

I was using FNIS through MO without a problem until today when I tried installing SexLab.

I have FNIS 5.1.1 with Creatures Pack 5.1

The Sexlab version is the latest, downloaded today.

I have tried each suggestion in this thread.  Completely deleted overwrite's data, tried using FreeCommander through MO, tried spamming "update" (but I keep getting stuck on the dog file... I'm not progressing)

But still nothing. Can anyone help me? I would appreciate it

I finally bought a new Laptop to replace My At Work VISTA running Antique, and allow Myselfto play Skyrim while on vacation.

I installed MO, and the minimum Mods needed to enjoy Sexlab 1.59b.

I watched the S.T.E.P. Guide Video on installing FNIS with Mod Organiser, then installed FNIS 5.02 properly :@ 

I got the error message of the wrong version of FNIS being installed. I installed the latest FNIS, but forgot to reset the Executable used to run the FNIS Generator. I recieved the Error again, then reset the executable and clicked somethng? The third attempt resulted in the FNIS Generator running properly, and working on all profiles. 

Head over to the FNIS page on Nexus (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/?) and download version 5.1.1 and, if you're going to use the Creature Pack, download the new version of that too. If you look at the support page for SexLab 1.59b, you'll see that the new version is required for SexLab to work.

SexLab Frameworks 1.59b Requirements:

MAKE SURE YOU MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR SEXLAB TO WORK.

When in doubt just install the highest available version of all of these.

Required:

Strongly Suggested - Bordering on Required:

Head over to the FNIS page on Nexus (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/?) and download version 5.1.1 and, if you're going to use the Creature Pack, download the new version of that too. If you look at the support page for SexLab 1.59b, you'll see that the new version is required for SexLab to work.

SexLab Frameworks 1.59b Requirements:

MAKE SURE YOU MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR SEXLAB TO WORK.

When in doubt just install the highest available version of all of these.

Required:

Strongly Suggested - Bordering on Required:

MO Users need to remember to reset the FNIS Executable when updating to a newer version of FNIS.

I knew I had installed the wrong version of FNIS, and was able to duplicate two common problems that had been reported in many different sections of the Lovers Lab Forums. Now I can hope Others will take the time to read the stickied Posts and find this. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was confronted with the dreaded

"

ERROR(53): Could not find file 'C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\canine\behaviors\dogbehavior.hkx'.
"
problem

none of the aforementioned solutions worked,
so I simply complety uninstalled/removed the 3 FNIS mods from MO and reinstalling them, and it worked, simply.
  • 2 weeks later...

It's ALWAYS dogbehavior.hkx and I've run it like 10 times and it's been the same every time.

I figured out it was dawnguard overwriting the file. A recent change to MO changed the way the DLC was organized or something and I had to change the priority on it.(to very low)

This wasn't my exact problem, but I checked my load order and found a conflict. Fixed it, thanks for the suggestion.

• 6 months later...

Archived