Question about this 4gb patch for Oblivion.

For kicks, a month ago I installed Oblivion to see if it would even run on my machine which was NOT even remotely intended for gaming:

Lenovo X220T Tablet (aka covertible notebook)

i7 2640 M (2 core)

8Gb DDR3 1333 Ram

Intel HD 3000 graphics (haha, I know, but like I said, NOT a gaming rig)

160Gb SSD drive

To my surprise, it runs well on medium-ish settings which again well... err... suprised me!

Will be buying an honest to god gaming machine down the road, but in the meantime, I've been curious about this 4 Gb patch.

The things is, my copy of Oblivion is the D2D/Gamefly GOTY edition, which I had to get an .exe crack for so OBSE would run (OBSE won't run off the D2D/Gamefly .exe if you're unaware). OBSE and dependent mods work jsut fine with this setup, but I have no clue which .exe I should be patching with the 4Gb patch... the cracked .exe, the Oblivion loader (which I highly doubt), or the OBSE loader .exe?

Not trying to run this game at settings much higher than what I have, but rather mitigate some of the slow down in the higher popluation parts of the game where larger battles occur.

Running game on medium settings like I said, 3/4-ish draw distances, res at 1280, no AA, and large texture files (my one high setting for the game).

Sooooo, which .exe would I patch, and maybe more important, would it really allow the HD 3000 card to access that extra 2Gb of memory to any real effect at all?

Thanks and Thanks :)

You always apply the 4GB patch to your oblivion.exe file. However in your case with a cracked exe it probably won't work. Piracy (yes using the cracked exe is in fact piracy), is forbidden here, so we can't help you further. I recommend you buy a copy of oblivion thru steam or a hard disc from a retailer. Make sure you buy the GOTY version that has at minimum the shivering isles as dlc is no longer sold separately.

Locking thread.