All these mods CTD me or cause every mod to restart itself.  I *am* bumpin' up against 255 mods, but swapping other mods out to make room, and changing load order,  does not change things.  Checked in BOSS and TES5Edit and they seem fine, and are Skyrim-dependant, not the Oblivion versions.  All the other mods work together just fine, and my game is 99% stable (running causes CTDs sometimes, even w/ENBBoost) w/o the Morten mods.  Not sayin' the mods are deeply broken, as others run 'em fine, but they bork my setup.

Mortenhairs:  CTD just as main menu pops up.

Morten: CTD on save loading.

Newhairpack:  Same as Morten, or it lets me in but restarts every mod I have, claiming that content was removed as it loads.  I WAS able to have this working twice; no idea why, but adding and re-removing the other Morten mods caused it to "go bad" all of a sudden, like they were calling to each other at a party and reminding each other of the bad ol' days when they used to misbehave (Yer freinds are a bad influence on you, young Newhairpack!!  I want you to stop hanging out w/them!)

I have Skyrim 1.9-whatever version, thanks to frakkin' Steam pushing client updates when I wasn't looking (@#$%^!!!), Hearthfires, Dawnguard, & Dragonborn.  Wondering if maybe a conflict w/DLC, as I find some other mods have that. Anyone else w/DLC having these issues?

Are you using the ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer by any chance?

Westwind rogue, Dark Saint, DarkMoon

jmjr.jpg

Dancers clothes 

msk9.jpg

These are beautiful, though I am curious about the textures on these images. Are the painted toenails part of the equipment or are these part of another mod? I know the race menu mod allows you to independently change fingernail textures. If that detail is a part of another mod would you kindly fire me a link?

Umm. ..  Err. . . YES.

Pulled it once you asked abt it and Morten.esp ran!!!   Showracemenu was a SLOG once it was gone, but did still mostly work tho.

Game seems to have suddenly gone craaaazy w/teh infinite loads and CTDs now, however, so am looking at backtracking and seeing what causes what.  Put the precache killer back on and pulled Morten temporarily.  A few other mods, like the Sinblood dress, still seem to work, so far.

What is it abt the precache killer, a showracemenu tweak, that can affect an armor mod???   is the PCK a more uber, basic-structure-changing (I think da word is "overarching"?) dll than just changing the chargen menu?  

P.S.  THANK YOU for pointing at the bad guy with a big "this is the bad guy" sign!   I would never have thought of a chargen dll SKSE tweak being the Big Bad. . .

Wait are you saying that when you took the PCK out that your game became stable?

If so, then maybe it's a good idea for anyone to just use the PCK only when opening the race menu, but for general play to remove it.

Nope.  Wasn't sayin' that.  Game was fairly stable, almost rock-solid, with PCK.  Pulled PCK, added Morten, and things went bad FAST.   Worse and worse, actually.  Presently having to rebuild the install via Steam as suddenly almost no save would load.  No changes except add/removes on PCK and Morten.

Still seein' what happens after rebuild.

Need help getting some of them to work.  One mod does not work asking for oblivion.esm when i see backgrounds of skyrim in the pics.

I think you might have download the original oblivion mod instead the ported one.

interesting. I remember the ported one taking me straight to the oblivion version.

Final tally:

After a lot of pullin' and puttin' back of other mods, Morten *will* work w/PCK still running.  I understand why Mortenhairs might have had an issue (especially as I seem to have duplicated it w/the installed Oblivionhairpack from Nexus), but still not why it caused issues w/Morten, which is an armor pack.

Not sure why Morten gave trouble, as nothing in CK says it has any scripts, effects, or anything, (unlike another mod from another user which I loaded a few days later).  Wasn't load order (tho installing Morten somehow changed my load order??).  Doesn't seem to have been mod overload or conflict, tho I did find issues w/other mods, Morten seems to have just not wanted to run w/PCK, but now it's fine.  Maybe some hairpack stuff got "baked into" in the save for a bit (since I originally loaded Morten and Mortenhairs at the same time), so my original Morten armor pack pulls/reinstalls were effected by that until in-game time went by.  My earlier accusation that Morten made things get worse and worse was prolly wrong; in tryign to fix the problem I made a Bashed Patch, and that looks to have been the reason I got more n' more CTD and infinite loads; pulled that and put my original mods back in full and I can even Continue-load again.  That wasn't Morten.

Actually decided to use CK to move the coffin to the Hall of the Dead catacombs backroom, as putting it right in the way in Breezehome seemed silly, especially as sooo many ppl mod Breezehome to heck and back.   Moved Sinblood dress box to Haelga's rm in Riften on my PC, as I hate to leave things in da open world, and figured Haelga would have that sort of thing!  ;)

**TY Morten for the armors!**   I especially like the Druchii dress (since EA straight-up abandoned WAR) and the Dark Elf priestess dress from L2's Chronicle 3 movie, which I NEVER thought to see in actual use in any game!  TYTY!  The Newhairpack and Sinbloood dress are very, very nice, too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I don't have twitter, facebook or a google+ account. Is there any other way to download the tongues mod? :)

Edit: never mind, just need to make an account there. :)

Ok, different question: how/where do I get the equippable tongue? The location picture isn't too clear for me.  :s  Isn't that an Oblivion location?

Hey, I don't have twitter, facebook or a google+ account. Is there any other way to download the tongues mod? :)

Ok, different question: how/where do I get the equippable tongue? The location picture isn't too clear for me.  :s  Isn't that an Oblivion location?

Oblivion? Nope. Scroll up, what does it say? Skyrim. Now come back down and read this: The barrel is located near the Whiterun gate

Oblivion? Nope. Scroll up, what does it say? Skyrim. Now come back down and read this: The barrel is located near the Whiterun gate

Ok sorry.

Thx. :) I really didn't recognise it as that gate or the area near it. I've been looking there. I'll look again.

Edit: Got them! :) Thx!

Hello, morten.

I just got a message from Mia, the author of Kewai-dou.

Mia doesn't want anyone to convert and share her meshes and she wants me to tell her will to anyone who has converted her meshes.

Here is the message I got:

Hello, I'm Mia, author of KEWAI-DOU. (http://kewai-dou.com/)
About your Skyrim hair mod, don't use my mod as Skyrim sharing file.
Private using is OK, But I don't allow to sharing.

I felt so sad about that you didn't understand my User policy and FAQ.
Please remove the your sharing file which include my meshes.

I've asked others to stop using SG hairs in making mods and my files will be taken down from Loverslab. I suggest you to do the same (or at least, exclude Mia's meshes from your hair back).

"Private use is ok" i read it as "taking pics of it, and saying fuck you to anyone who asks for it is ok", and she/he didn't even state that for me heh.
I don't even need to take anything down because someone already reported the file and it's gone, also i will not ask people to not use it or share it. You can't control this kind of stuff on the internet, it's pointless, there will be always someone reuploading/sharing it.

I am not going to reupload it either, if someone want to remove said hairs and reupload it fell free to post a link here.

"Private use is ok" i read it as "taking pics of it, and saying fuck you to anyone who asks for it is ok", and she/he didn't even state that for me heh.
I don't even need to take anything down because someone already reported the file and it's gone, also i will not ask people to not use it or share it. You can't control this kind of stuff on the internet, it's pointless, there will be always someone reuploading/sharing it.

I am not going to reupload it either, if someone want to remove said hairs and reupload it fell free to post a link here.

"You can't control this kind of stuff on the internet, it's pointless, there will be always someone reuploading/sharing it."

That's true, indeed.

What you do with your file is your choice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, morten.

I just got a message from Mia, the author of Kewai-dou.

Mia doesn't want anyone to convert and share her meshes and she wants me to tell her will to anyone who has converted her meshes.

Here is the message I got:

Hello, I'm Mia, author of KEWAI-DOU. (http://kewai-dou.com/)
About your Skyrim hair mod, don't use my mod as Skyrim sharing file.
Private using is OK, But I don't allow to sharing.

I felt so sad about that you didn't understand my User policy and FAQ.
Please remove the your sharing file which include my meshes.

I've asked others to stop using SG hairs in making mods and my files will be taken down from Loverslab. I suggest you to do the same (or at least, exclude Mia's meshes from your hair back).

I might be rather new to this site, but isn't it, or at least, I thought it was. common knowledge that once you upload your files to the great 'net. You agree to have your files used by an audience, and at THEIR OWN discretion, to be modded shared to friends? I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but this is like saying you go to a "pot-luck" with your best dessert and refuse to let anybody taste it? that seems rather redundant in every sense to me. 

P.S. I just checked her site, and despite the mess, is it safe to say, who would want to use those mods? 

i LOVE these tongues! unfortunately they cause my pc and some npc's eyebrows to go inside their forehead sometimes when they make an expression. anyone know a fix?

also i guess Player Headtracking and/or eDialog breaks the mouth because my pc will have your correct tongue mouth shape, but then she'll smile (from the 2 mods i mentioned) and her mouth will go back to normal...but w/ a tongue sticking out of the skin lol.