How to upload to the site?

Hi everyone

I found this place a couple of years ago, became a member, downloaded a few things for TS3 and decided I would share some of my own work. I posted a few pics just to see if anyone would be interested and got some positive feedback. However, just as I was getting all my files in order and making them "download friendly" (I never originally meant to share them with anyone, so I never bothered making a system), my computer died on me and I literally lost everything!!!

By the time I finally got my new PC put together and TS3 up and running again, I started over on some of my original creations, but forgot all about this place. When I finally found the site again, I'd forgotten my username and password and even which email I used to sign up with (I have several, so I don't get all kinds of spam on the important ones), so I had to create a whole new account.

Anywho... I once promised some of you that I would upload the things I'd posted pictures of and I think it's about time I kept that promise. But rather than just throw my crap into a thread like this as attachments, I'd like to do it right from the beginning so it's easy for people to find and see what's what. Problem is I can't find a thread that explains how to do that and - more importantly - what the rules are regarding crediting other creators and whatnot (I'm really hoping you're not too stringent on the crediting thing, because some of the stuff I've made is based on other peoples' work, but I downloaded it so long ago that I don't remember who made it or where I got it from).

Can anyone give me a quick tutorial on how and where to upload properly and just give me the rundown on the most important rules? I really like the way JoshQ has set up his downloads, so JoshQ, if you're reading this, pointers would be much appreciated :smile: Same goes for anyone else who would like to help, of course.

I'm attaching some pics to show a few of the things I'm planning on uploading. Some of you may recognize them. Let me know if you're still interested in these.

As I'm pretty sure I mentioned the last time I was here, I'm a booty man and the whole reason I started modding anything for this game was because I was tired of not being able to find a decent thong. You know, where it actually looks like the back goes between the buttocks, as opposed to covering the crack... If you've ever looked for thong underwear or swimsuits on MTS, TSR or anywhere else on the web, I'm sure you know what I mean.

By no stretch of the imagination am I what you would call a master modder, but I think what I've come up with in terms of thongs works. Feel free to criticize, though. I can take it ;)

What you're looking at is three pairs of thong panties, a pair of booty shorts, a thong leotard with short sleeves and a baywatch style swimsuit. In the pics with the panties, pay no attention to the bras. They're all EA standard, so there's nothing special about those.

The leotard and swimsuit are made as tops and paired with a special nude bottom I once found somewhere on a Tumblr blog. All I know is it's basically just the mesh from the ITF leggings. Those were made with some crack to them, so the mesh is perfect for thongs.

Anyway, if you'd like to have these in your game, let me know and help me out with some pointers on how to get them to you in the best possible way.

P.S. Don't worry! I've backed up all my files and written down my username and password this time, so that whole losing all my stuff and not being able to find my way back thing shouldn't happen again! I promise, if there's interest in what I have to offer, you WILL get the files this time!

BaseBriefsThong1.jpg

BaseBriefsThong2.jpg

BaseBriefsThong3.jpg

BaywatchSwimsuit1.jpg

BaywatchSwimsuit2.jpg

BaywatchSwimsuit3.jpg

BootyShorts1.jpg

BootyShorts2.jpg

BootyShorts3.jpg

MicroThong1.jpg

MicroThong2.jpg

MicroThong3.jpg

ShortSleeveThongLeotard1.jpg

ShortSleeveThongLeotard2.jpg

ShortSleeveThongLeotard3.jpg

TriangleThong1.jpg

TriangleThong2.jpg

TriangleThong3.jpg

BTW, these are all either 100% original works by me or based on EA stuff*, so uploading them shouldn't be a problem, regardless of guidelines about credits.

I have a lot of stuff lying around where I've edited other peoples' work, but I'll wait until I know the rules before I show off any of that.

Also, everything I make is base game compatible.

*Technically, the ITF leggings mesh was made by another creator, but they're still just an EA edit, so that doesn't really count as "custom", does it...?

Thanks for the link. I figured there had to be something like that around here somewhere, but I just couldn't find it. Seems pretty straight forward.

I'll wait a day or two and see if anyone even wants any of my stuff before I start uploading. No point in putting in the work if no one's interested...

2 hours ago, StevePanker said:

Thanks for the link. I figured there had to be something like that around here somewhere, but I just couldn't find it. Seems pretty straight forward.

I'll wait a day or two and see if anyone even wants any of my stuff before I start uploading. No point in putting in the work if no one's interested...

My two cents: upload because you want, regardless of the outside world's mood. Someone will find your content and like it, tomorrow or in 10 years.  On the internet we're almost eternal (yes, it sounds too dramatic :tongue: but it's true).

Besides that just try to give basic info about your piece of content: how it works, what it needs in terms of expansion, does it has a defect?, etc. Also if you can find the name of the creator whom you're borrowing include it, but don't be overly concerned; yes, some of them are very... sensible about modifications made by outsiders, but accordind to Electronic Arts' EULA we're mostly safe.

Anyway, have fun creating, if I can be of help send me a message.

4 hours ago, JoshQ said:

My two cents: upload because you want, regardless of the outside world's mood. Someone will find your content and like it, tomorrow or in 10 years.  On the internet we're almost eternal (yes, it sounds too dramatic :tongue: but it's true).

Besides that just try to give basic info about your piece of content: how it works, what it needs in terms of expansion, does it has a defect?, etc. Also if you can find the name of the creator whom you're borrowing include it, but don't be overly concerned; yes, some of them are very... sensible about modifications made by outsiders, but accordind to Electronic Arts' EULA we're mostly safe.

Anyway, have fun creating, if I can be of help send me a message.

Your two cents are much appreciated :smile:

Do you have any sense of how many people actually still play TS3? Part of the reason it's taken me so long to get back here and start thinking about sharing my stuff again is because I thought almost no one played it anymore. If you look at how often new stuff for TS3 is uploaded at MTS and TSR compared to how much is being created for TS4, you get the impression that TS3 is almost dead.

As for your offer of help, I just might take you up on that ;)

I've never figured out how to mesh. A couple of years back I read one turorial after another and tried to learn for 4-6 hours a day for two weeks, but never produced anything that worked and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, so I lost my patience, gave it up and just stuck to texturing. There's one little meshing project I would still like to see done though and that's a full body nude female mesh, combining the nude top with the nude ITF leggings bottom.

Why...?

If you look at the pics of my Baywatch style swimsuit and short sleeved thong leotard in the OP, you'll notice there's some buttcrack going on there (the thong actually goes between the buttocks and the swimsuit has some wedgie to it). The way I achieved that was to make both of them into tops. In game, you select them in the tops section and then go to the bottoms section and select the nude ITF leggings bottom. It works, but for one thing, there's a glitch with the ITF leggings mesh that creates a slight seethrough seam around the belly in game, which has been annoying me for years. Another thing is that once I start uploading my stuff, I'll have to include the ITF nude leggings bottom with every swimsuit/bodysuit (or at least link to it), or they won't work properly in game.

If someone who knows how to mesh properly (like you, perhaps...? LOVE your shoes, BTW! ;) ) could make that full body nude mesh for me to put my textures on, I could get around that entire mess, actually put these things in the outfits category where they truly belong and get rid of that nasty looking belly seam once and for all.

On 5/4/2018 at 8:44 AM, StevePanker said:

Your two cents are much appreciated :smile:

Do you have any sense of how many people actually still play TS3? Part of the reason it's taken me so long to get back here and start thinking about sharing my stuff again is because I thought almost no one played it anymore. If you look at how often new stuff for TS3 is uploaded at MTS and TSR compared to how much is being created for TS4, you get the impression that TS3 is almost dead.

As for your offer of help, I just might take you up on that ;)

I've never figured out how to mesh. A couple of years back I read one turorial after another and tried to learn for 4-6 hours a day for two weeks, but never produced anything that worked and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, so I lost my patience, gave it up and just stuck to texturing. There's one little meshing project I would still like to see done though and that's a full body nude female mesh, combining the nude top with the nude ITF leggings bottom.

Why...?

If you look at the pics of my Baywatch style swimsuit and short sleeved thong leotard in the OP, you'll notice there's some buttcrack going on there (the thong actually goes between the buttocks and the swimsuit has some wedgie to it). The way I achieved that was to make both of them into tops. In game, you select them in the tops section and then go to the bottoms section and select the nude ITF leggings bottom. It works, but for one thing, there's a glitch with the ITF leggings mesh that creates a slight seethrough seam around the belly in game, which has been annoying me for years. Another thing is that once I start uploading my stuff, I'll have to include the ITF nude leggings bottom with every swimsuit/bodysuit (or at least link to it), or they won't work properly in game.

If someone who knows how to mesh properly (like you, perhaps...? LOVE your shoes, BTW! ;) ) could make that full body nude mesh for me to put my textures on, I could get around that entire mess, actually put these things in the outfits category where they truly belong and get rid of that nasty looking belly seam once and for all.

Well, MTS lost its status as THE place for creators to gather some time a go, most of them are scattered to tumblr and alike. And TSR, IMHO, is just for creators who want to earn money, they are just a fraction of the community. So the reality is TS3 is alive and kicking regardles of "adversity" and Electronic Art's wishes and hopes.

When you mix a top and a bottom on the same group, you normally surpass the number of "bones" a body can suppport, and that generates problems at seams and other oddities. The quickest way to fix it is cloning a piece of garment with "two groups", like the afBodyAirOfficer from the base game, Don't forget to turn off the "IsHiddenInCAS" category:

afBodyAirOfficer_twogroups.PNG

Previously you have to export the top and bottom you want to mix, and then import them on group 0 and group 1 respectively. Also for the meshes that go on "Medium level of detail" and "Low level of detail" you can use those from "afBodySwimsuitOnePiece", no one will be able to notice the difference, ever.

afBodyAirOfficer_groupsreplaced.PNG

Now you have to replace the textures, first do it on the "Texture" section, mark "make empty" those you don't want to use, like the overlay. Then go back to the mesh section and select the "..." besides "material":

afBodyAirOfficer_editmaterial.PNG

afBodyAirOfficer_materialproperties.PNG

Clic "Edit" on the "alpha map", and in the new window that will appear select "browse", a new window will pop for you to select the multiplier you uploaded previously on the texture section, why "browse" and not "import"? because if you import it you will have two identical textures making your CC larger in size (not by much tough). Press done and do the same for "specular map", don't bother with "difusse map" the game will use the texture you selected on the alpha map section. Lastly if you generated a normal map, import it. Otherwise mark the "make empty" option.

Do the same for Group 1.

Good news are you now can use the sims3pack generated as foundation for similar clothes, just be sure to change the name on the "Project Details" window to avoid conflicts, then replace the textures on the "Texture" window and the materials will automatically change.

Hope it helps.

JoshQ, you are my freaking hero!!! You seriously have no idea how much time I've spent trying and failing to learn to mesh to achieve what you've just shown me how to do in under 15 minutes!!!

Dude, I totally love you and hate you at the same time now! :smiley:

Oh my dog, there's SOOO much work to do! I have to go back and redo every single swimsuit and bodysuit I've ever made or edited and get some of the projects I abandoned long ago fired up again, because now they've all become possible!

Have you ever been slapped and kissed by the same person in less than 10 seconds? That's pretty much what I feel like doing to you right now! And I'm not gay, but trust me, that kiss would be long, sweet and tender! You totally rock man! :smiley:

Archived