Weird disappearing female NPC's

Teddar

Ok, so have a really weird graphical glitch that's been happening to me for ages and i've never got to the bottom of what is occurring. Occasionally, female npc's will become invisible and then may or may not reappear with a weird stretching across the screen as they reappear. I think it could be related to my skeleton (which is the latest XP32) and/or HDT physics. We're not talking CTD here or anything but to fix it i often have to save and reload if it doesn't sort itself out. I have attached a screenshot of Haelga in her bunkhouse as it was happening. Sorry its not a great shot but the effect is hard to catch as it happens really fast. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so, if it's preventable.

Cheers! 

ScreenShot9.jpg

Ok so that will teach me to be specific. Im using XP32 maximum extended 4.31 and HDT 14.28. Clothes wise im using Minidresses from nexus (the bug seems to happen mostly with non-armor pieces i think (might be imagining that). Body wise, i use UUNP (special) built in bodyslide along with all clothing items.

1 minute ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

What sleepyJim said, it's definitley a HDT issue, I occaisionally get it when I update my body mods and forget to make the changes.

Make the change in all copies of yer hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP xmls and it should cease up.

As I did say to. HDT and FPS going havoc.

And he dont need to follow @SleepyJim suggestion at all. Since only he need to do is to make sure that he have installed the mods in correct order and he dont need to change any changes at all to any file. That is plain stupid to suggest at all.

Now that is history.

6 minutes ago, Uncle64 said:

And he dont need to follow @SleepyJim suggestion at all. Since only he need to do is to make sure that he have installed the mods in correct order and he dont need to change any changes at all to any file. That is plain stupid to suggest at all.

Now that is history.

Except every HDT that isn't from here will have that issue, and you shouldn't assume they came from here.

Every hdt on nexus is shit, except for hawt.

Yeah, I'm on the internet, which allows me to dl multiple xmls.

Since I'm fully capable and have written my own for PE and SMP, it's pretty easy to tell which ones are shit or not, so if you're done telling the OP to unplug and replug in his PC to fix his virus problem we can move on to more useful advice, like getting correctly written xmls installed.

7 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

Now that is history.

I was simply suggesting something that has worked perfectly for me, and for many other people who replied to, and gave a like to, the post I linked. Having everything installed in the correct order didn't stop the issue in my game. Making the changes suggested in that post did.

Anyway, I was just trying to help by offering a possible solution. It might not work for everyone, but it has worked for many.

@SleepyJimThanks for the assist. I did as suggested and it seems to have helped. I noticed one stretching incident after a zone change which corrected itself almost instantly and the NPC re-appeared without me needing to reload the save. After that, i didn't see any more disappearing during my 15 minute test. Hopefully im sorted now. So thanks! :smile:

Archived