View File

A very simple mod I made that completely disables that insufferable "Take this and hold on to it..."  fugitive/hunter event that randomly occurs. Anyone who's played a ton of Skyrim knows just how often the game will spam this event over and over, especially if you don't progress the main quest. Or the even more irritating fact this prick has no qualms sneaking up and locking you into a conversation with him in the middle of an epic battle or other life-or-death situations. Moments later the jerkoff he robbed shows up to interrupt you again :classic_angry:

So yeah, install this mod and they both will be replaced with deer while the quest that spawns them has been completely gutted which will prevent them from ever spawning or speaking to you in the first place. Then profit knowing he can take that item he pilfered and shove it up his ass for good :classic_biggrin:

Being how simple this mod is it might be Special Edition compatible. Not sure.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/27/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    none
  • Special Edition Compatible

52 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Heh, made my own lil mod that disables this event and a few other things for exactly the reason you pointed out. 

Yeah, he's been a thorn in my side too many time. Then there was what happened this afternoon:

- I wanted to test how the Simple Slavery plugin worked with S_L_U_T_S since I'm revamping it. I had to leave for work soon; was very pressed on time. So I quickly generate a new character, run her to the nearest bandit camp, and surrender, waiting for Sexlab Defeat to run its course and whisk me off to the auction house.

- That fucking fugitive shows up. The bandits decide they would rather chase his fleeing dumbass off into the horizon then have their way with me. Surrender event chain gets broken. I groan in frustration and reload...

- After reloading I wait for a minute to see if the fugitive shows up. He doesn't so I think I'm in the clear and go back to the bandit camp to surrender again. THEN he shows up :classic_angry: I reload again....

- This time I thoroughly wait until he shows up again and brutally murder him with console commands. I go to the bandit again and surrender. Forgot about the hunter that follows him (ARRRGGGHHHH!!! :classic_angry::classic_angry::classic_angry: Final Straw!)

- Go to work, come home, bust out the Creation Kit and go nuclear on that event.

LOL, yeah sounds familiar.  For me it was an epic fight between my still low level character and a dragon.  We were pretty evenly matched and for once I was having to really work to kill the dragon.  So I'm pulling out all the stops, my follower is doing her best to help and was generally having a great time.  The just about the time the dragon pulls back to breath and I'm putting my shield up I get spun around.  Stupid thief, we both died.

On another occasion I'm doing a quest where I have to follow someone and remain unseen, I think it was one of the quests for SexSlaves.  Anyway, there I am, sneaking along and even invisible on top of that (gotta love silent casting perk).  When all of the sudden, you guessed it, stupid thief homed in on me like a thermal guided asshole.

So I made my own mod to prevent the encounter.  If I didn't think the whole thing was just dumb I'd have looked at maybe setting up conditions just so it couldn't spawn if I was engaged in combat or if sneaking, but I dislike the encounter in general and so just disabled it.

Also disabled the courier, the one that runs up to you for no reason then runs away (and they have no loot or messages so its a completely pointless encounter).  Those idiots will even follow you into a dungeon.  Had one follow me into Altland and all the way down to the crazy Khajiit.

I also got rid of the creepy khajiit that spawns, forgot his name (did it so long ago) who spouted nonsense.

And I set a condition on the joke scene "Ladies, what can a big strong man..." so it will only trigger in inns.  Got tired of hearing that 5 times in a row in my hearthfire homes.  Some people disable it entirely but I don't spend as much time in inns so I hear it far less frequently there.

So yeah, you could actually make a mod that cleared out a lot of lil things if you wanted.

Thank you for this. I have looked for a mod to disable this encounter for a long time. In addition to appear when it is most unconvenient, he also often show up when I am travelling almost at max carry load and the iron warhammer or whatever he forces on me making me overloaded.