[Movies] 3 Lincoln films in 2012?

thesapien

What's with all of the films this years about Lincoln?

First we had one with zombies, then with vampires, and now we've got one coming for zombies by vampires.

I have a conspiracy theory, really just a hypothesis I'm entertaining, that maybe Lincoln is to be further romanticized since he was a president who suspended habeas corpus and was fond of giving executive orders, maybe in preparations for another American civil war? Oh, maybe it's just a propaganda piece to help reunite Americans?

Or, just stupid coincidence and bad film ideas.

Or' date=' just stupid coincidence and bad film ideas.

[/quote']

This. Hollywood reached the bottom of the barrel years ago and instead of climbing out......they started digging. :(

Has anyone seen any of them? I am wondering if any of the three are worth watching at least once?

[/quote']

This. Hollywood reached the bottom of the barrel years ago and instead of climbing out......they started digging. :(

Has anyone seen any of them? I am wondering if any of the three are worth watching at least once?

Somehow, I thought you'd choose C.

So far, I've only seen the zombie one. I know you like a good zombie movie, but it was not one of them. It felt like a waste of my time with bad acting, bad action, and not even any comedy relief to make up for all of the bad. Granted, I watched it kind of quickly, FF through bits, because it was too hard to bare all on normal speed. Oh, and nothing sexy either, with no hotties or skin to make up for the bad or lack of comedy. So, nothing.

I plan to watch the vampire one but will be skipping the up and coming artsy fartsy one.

I saw part of Zombie one. Effects were cheesy & fake looking' date=' and the plot made me kinda go "wat". Wasn't able to finish it, but it might be watchable if you get drunk enough. Maybe.

[/quote']

LOL!!! By the sound of how bad this was, I don't think I "could" get drunk enough to enjoy it....at least not without passing out mid movie anyway. Shame.

@thesapien: Well answer C seems about right for the zombie one. Shame cause I am always up for a decent zombie movie. Let me know if it turns out to be correct for the vampire one.

[/quote']

This. Even if these movies ain't bad, this is still true.

Yep. Oh, the remakes upon remakes, and some of the sequels, too, are just maddening. It makes games to movies sound not so bad. Actually, I'd like to see more games to movies. Skyrim, the movie, anyone???

Bad acting' date=' action, AND bad comedy ?

Now I need to rewatch Evil Dead, does all three of those bad and pulls it off.

Plus a tree rapes a chick for lols.

[/quote']

See, now a tree rape is an example of what made Evil Dead so good. The Lincoln zombie movie was just so... BORING. To make a zombie movie into a sleeper is just a whole other kind of bad.

I saw part of Zombie one. Effects were cheesy & fake looking' date=' and the plot made me kinda go "wat". Wasn't able to finish it, but it might be watchable if you get drunk enough. Maybe.

[/quote']

See, 'cuz it was boring, right? Everyone was flat, nothing was new or different, it didn't even pay tribute to great flicks by taking any great scenes and redoing them. It was as if someone who didn't like zombie movies or movies in general had made it.

LOL!!! By the sound of how bad this was' date=' I don't think I "could" get drunk enough to enjoy it....at least not without passing out mid movie anyway. Shame.

@thesapien: Well answer C seems about right for the zombie one. Shame cause I am always up for a decent zombie movie. Let me know if it turns out to be correct for the vampire one.

[/quote']

You'd be better off just re-watching one of your classic favorites!

Actually, Spielberg's been trying to get the movie made for years and every time I've heard about it it's said to deal with thinks like Lincoln's depression, suspension of habeas corpus, etc; basically the things that tend to get whitewashed. Or it could turn out to be a fluff piece. Also, before you start worrying about a conspiracy you might want to first make sure there is reason to believe there is one. A few Lilncoln movies, only one of them serious, isn't the strongest basis for a conspiracy theory. Unless its a really crazy awesome one! Maybe next year we can get a serious George Washington movie preceded by George Washington: Giant Slayer!

Well the one with zombies was made by a film studio known as "The Asylum" who are a film company that focus on making straight-to-video low-budget films. After 2005 The company began producing titles that are known as Mockbusters, films that have a similar title to a Major film in effort to ride the publicity of that film to sell there title. See Transmorphers, Battle OF Los Angeles or Snakes on a Train for examples (See also: Bruno Mattei).

Though it is possible to use properties of this sort to intentionally deceive consumers into mistakenly purchasing the derivative title The Asylums Co-founder, David Michael Lat, prefers the term tie-in saying "I'm not trying to dupe anybody. I'm just trying to get my films watched. Other people do tie-ins all the time; they’re just better at being subtle about it. Another studio might make a giant robot movie that ties into the Transformers release and call it Robot Wars. We’ll call ours Transmorphers." For what it's worth I found Battle of Los Angeles a lot more entertaining then Battle: Los Angeles. And thats what Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies is. A mockbuster designed to cash in on Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Which itself is an adaption of a book). Although from the few reviews of Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies I've seen it can be fun film to watch if you can deal with the low budget.

They also do films like Mega Shark Versus Crocosaurus

Anyway here is their IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/company/co0043571/

Actually' date=' Spielberg's been trying to get the movie made for years and every time I've heard about it it's said to deal with thinks like Lincoln's depression, suspension of habeas corpus, etc; basically the things that tend to get whitewashed. Or it could turn out to be a fluff piece. Also, before you start worrying about a conspiracy you might want to first make sure there is reason to believe there is one. A few Lilncoln movies, only one of them serious, isn't the strongest basis for a conspiracy theory. Unless its a really crazy awesome one! Maybe next year we can get a serious George Washington movie preceded by George Washington: Giant Slayer!

[/quote']

Or how about Obama vs Aliens!

Yeah, admittedly, the only reason I'm presuming the new Lincoln film being a propaganda piece is because Spielberg's name is on it.

Well the one with zombies was made by a film studio known as "The Asylum" who are a film company that focus on making straight-to-video low-budget films. After 2005 The company began producing titles that are known as Mockbusters' date=' films that have a similar title to a Major film in effort to ride the publicity of that film to sell there title. See Transmorphers, Battle OF Los Angeles or Snakes on a Train for examples (See also: Bruno Mattei).

Though it is possible to use properties of this sort to intentionally deceive consumers into mistakenly purchasing the derivative title The Asylums Co-founder, David Michael Lat, prefers the term tie-in saying "I'm not trying to dupe anybody. I'm just trying to get my films watched. Other people do tie-ins all the time; they’re just better at being subtle about it. Another studio might make a giant robot movie that ties into the Transformers release and call it Robot Wars. We’ll call ours Transmorphers." For what it's worth I found Battle of Los Angeles a lot more entertaining then Battle: Los Angeles. And thats what Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies is. A mockbuster designed to cash in on Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Which itself is an adaption of a book). Although from the few reviews of Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies I've seen it can be fun film to watch if you can deal with the low budget.

Ah, at least Battle of Los Angeles had this:

Battle-of-la.jpg

So it's really a coincidence of just two films in timing along with a mockbuster preceding one of them. Kewl.

Well the one with zombies was made by a film studio known as "The Asylum" who are a film company that focus on making straight-to-video low-budget films. After 2005 The company began producing titles that are known as Mockbusters' date=' films that have a similar title to a Major film in effort to ride the publicity of that film to sell there title. See Transmorphers, Battle OF Los Angeles or Snakes on a Train for examples (See also: Bruno Mattei).

Do they also do snuff films ?

Just curious.

[/quote']

They're just adjusting to the level of well educated, intelligent and demanding customers of this planet. When the'll be perfectly tunned in (max. their profit) we will have clear image how smart average human being really is.:P

When the'll be perfectly tunned in (max. their profit) we will have clear image how smart average human being really is.:P

So movies are going to get and stay even dumber.

Unfortunately this is going to be the case. Haven't you seen the documentary about it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

ROFL!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

It was the perfect setup' date=' and you beat me to it!

Funny, that we also both thought of [i']Planet of the Apes[/i] in the other thread and now Idiocracy in this thread when the two movies are strangely opposites in themes. Hey, there's an idea for Hollywood; combine these into one movie as an action-comedy.

Writing in 1932, the humorist James Thurber dreamt up a “Bureau for the Prohibition of Biographies,” established after thirty-two biographies of Abraham Lincoln were published in a single day.

In 1932 according to James Thurber there were 32 Lincoln's biographies published in a single day! :D

Archived