Transfer files between games?

Sooo until now I've played a pirated copy of the game (don't hate me pls) but now that Origin has some sale thing I've been thinking of buying The Sims 4. Honestly, it's mainly to make sure WickedWhims will keep working correctly lmao. Thing is, I'm currently playing with a family that I've had for 7 generations now, in a house I made from scratch (which, unlike my previous attempts, didn't look like crap :classic_biggrin:) and I really don't want to lose all that progress.

So I was thinking of transferring my saves to the "real" copy of the game once it's installed.

But I just want to make sure that's possible. I reaaally don't want to lose this family, so I would appreciate some feedback on this. And, just in case, some quick instructions on how to do it so that I don't copy over the wrong files or something.

Archived