[REQUEST] HDT physics for elf-ears, tongue, etc

Hey,

To all the Ahegao fans out there, why isn't there HDT physics for tongues? Or even Elf-Ears? I've always wondered why there exists Cat Ears and Tails with physics, but nothing else. It'd be great for sexlab imo, if say Halo's tongue mod had HDT physics or NumeNume elf ears had ear physics

NSFW example:

Spoiler

10.gif

Other ideas I had: accessories with physics like nose rings or nipple rings. Maybe some Devious Devious items too...

And if you're really crazy, (I don't even know if it's possible) add physics to an eye mesh but just the pupils, so that that it looks like the eyes are moving

So, if anyone knows how to add HDT physics to simple meshes in 3DS-Max, lemme know. Would do it myself if I knew how. I'll leave you with this :smiley:

Spoiler

DAF.gif

25 minutes ago, amply said:

Hey,

To all the Ahegao fans out there, why isn't there HDT physics for tongues? Or even Elf-Ears? I've always wondered why there exists Cat Ears and Tails with physics, but nothing else. It'd be great for sexlab imo, if say Halo's tongue mod had HDT physics or NumeNume elf ears had ear physics

NSFW example:

Reveal hidden contents

10.gif

Other ideas I had: accessories with physics like nose rings or nipple rings. Maybe some Devious Devious items too...

And if you're really crazy, (I don't even know if it's possible) add physics to an eye mesh but just the pupils, so that that it looks like the eyes are moving

So, if anyone knows how to add HDT physics to simple meshes in 3DS-Max, lemme know. Would do it myself if I knew how. I'll leave you with this :smiley:

Reveal hidden contents

DAF.gif

If you use SMP, there is a mod that has it: 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3285-all-in-one-hdtskinnedmeshphysics-setup-20b-fomod/

3 minutes ago, zzyyxx said:

That tongue mod addition is basically a starter pack only and doesn't work.

And until we get tongues and lips with proper bones and weights, and then be able to animate it, like in Sims4, it's really not going to work properly.

Means someone has to explore redoing the whole system for expressions while your at it. (away from skyrims phenome system).

Again a proper head, moouth, tongue with several different bones.  And not everything weighted 100% to head bone for that region.

And yeah,. am a major SMP user and this is still on my LONG list of things to do.

Hopefully someone beats me to it.:classic_tongue:

3 hours ago, SassaAria said:

That tongue mod addition is basically a starter pack only and doesn't work.

And until we get tongues and lips with proper bones and weights, and then be able to animate it, like in Sims4, it's really not going to work properly.

Means someone has to explore redoing the whole system for expressions while your at it. (away from skyrims phenome system).

Again a proper head, moouth, tongue with several different bones.  And not everything weighted 100% to head bone for that region.

And yeah,. am a major SMP user and this is still on my LONG list of things to do.

Hopefully someone beats me to it.:classic_tongue:

Well, expressions are definitely a whole other can of worms. And I feel like SMP is very limited, plus not many ppl choose it over HDT.

But adding bones to a tongue mesh or an ear mesh can't be different from adding bones for HDT hairstyles, surely. Heck even certain earring mods have that going for them.

That's all I'm trying to figure out at the moment, after you export the mesh to 3ds max, is there a way to rig the tongue mesh, maybe just weight paint the tip area like gradually from 0% to 100%, and then compile xml file for the HDT physics? Is there a tutorial anywhere on this? 

Same thing with the ears (which I know people have successfully pulled off on cat ear mods)

And I feel like SMP is very limited

rock-rolling-eyes.gif

plus not many ppl choose it over HDT.

Which has nothing to do with agehao hyperoverexpression, unless you're insinuating people who watch hentai are idiots, because the reason people don't use SMP is you have to do it yourself, and the overwhelming majority of the Skyrim community does not do things themselves, generally speaking.

Anything with bones, vertices and weighting thereof can be plugged into SMP. Anything. So adding bones to a mesh and reweighing is by default and definition SMP compatible.

4 minutes ago, 27X said:

rock-rolling-eyes.gif

Which has nothing to do with agehao hyperoverexpression, unless you're insinuating people who watch hentai are idiots, because the reason people don't use SMP is you have to do it yourself, and the overwhelming majority of the Skyrim community does not do things themselves, generally speaking.

Anything with bones, vertices and weighting thereof can be plugged into SMP. Anything. So adding bones to a mesh and reweighing is by default and definition SMP compatible.

I see, hmm, clearly I don't know enough about SMP to call it limited. Doing some research, it looks as if it's actually more capable of accomplishing the goal here. Thanks for the eye-opener. 

Besides that, I don't think I'm saying anything in particular about any other topics. Like I said though, expressions are a whole other beast to tackle.

I was just wondering if people have attempted rigging a mesh, whether HDT PE or SMP, for something like a tongue or ears. I'm definitely willing to figure it out myself, but thought in the meantime, I'd ask around 

4 minutes ago, amply said:

Well, expressions are definitely a whole other can of worms. And I feel like SMP is very limited, plus not many ppl choose it over HDT.

But adding bones to a tongue mesh or an ear mesh can't be different from adding bones for HDT hairstyles, surely. Heck even certain earring mods have that going for them.

That's all I'm trying to figure out at the moment, after you export the mesh to 3ds max, is there a way to rig the tongue mesh, maybe just weight paint the tip area like gradually from 0% to 100%, and then compile xml file for the HDT physics? Is there a tutorial anywhere on this? 

Same thing with the ears (which I know people have successfully pulled off on cat ear mods)

Hiya, my comments are about tongues only.

Nothing to do with ears.

(Have made own SMP earrings with custom bones weights and stuff)

Actually both physics are HDT. 

Named after the author Hydrogen.

So HDT-PE vs HDT-SMP.

HDT-SMP is way more free than HDT-PE.

Take that as an opinion from someone who has worked with both.

The fact you can add a custom bone, weight paint the mesh (with no HCT capsules being made), and do an easy XML (compared to HDT), and it's not even a fair comparison.

Experienced HDT-PE people may be at home with it.  But SMP was just so much easier.

And HDT-PE is spazzy alot, and invisble bug sometimes.

Not many people?  SMP is still pretty new.  Like really new.  In fact the DLLs could be argued to be in alpha or beta stage still depending on your criteria.

And the one and only author of both HDTs is providing SMP support only now for both SSE and LE.

There is one drawback with SMP.  Not everyone can run it, and once you start using it it starts meaning bigger PCs to run it at decent FPS.

Have an older computer, could be out of luck.

The expressions are related.

Right now the faces are animated through that.

Once you go to usual bones for various face regions (assuming it can work), you can't have both running and conflicting.

It will be worse than clipping.

It means all that stuuf needs to be redone, but with animations.

So in this case the head area needs new bones.

Comments from veteran modders around here that I've seen (like animators) is that you get crashes once you start adding stuff to head area.

I have an idea as a workaround as to how to mod the XPMSE skellie.

But it's theoretical, and takes committment and time to see through.

Fact that NO-ONE has made a tongue animation for Skyrim depsite all the amazing talent in the Skyrim scene should give a clue that earring mod and tongue may be two different worlds.

It's a great question you asked.

It just takes some exploration like wrote before.

More explorers the better.

Right now my focus is on other modding, though would be great to have this in Skyrim.

So maybe someone takes this as cue to step in.:classic_happy:

4 minutes ago, SassaAria said:

Hiya, my comments are about tongues only.

Nothing to do with ears.

(Have made own SMP earrings with custom bones weights and stuff)

Actually both physics are HDT. 

Named after the author Hydrogen.

So HDT-PE vs HDT-SMP.

HDT-SMP is way more free than HDT-PE.

Take that as an opinion from someone who has worked with both.

The fact you can add a custom bone, weight paint the mesh (with no HCT capsules being made), and do an easy XML (compared to HDT), and it's not even a fair comparison.

Experienced HDT-PE people may be at home with it.  But SMP was just so much easier.

And HDT-PE is spazzy alot, and invisble bug sometimes.

Not many people?  SMP is still pretty new.  Like really new.  In fact the DLLs could be argued to be in alpha or beta stage still depending on your criteria.

And the one and only author of both HDTs is providing SMP support only now for both SSE and LE.

There is one drawback with SMP.  Not everyone can run it, and once you start using it it starts meaning bigger PCs to run it at decent FPS.

Have an older computer, could be out of luck.

The expressions are related.

Right now the faces are animated through that.

Once you go to usual bones for various face regions (assuming it can work), you can't have both running and conflicting.

It will be worse than clipping.

It means all that stuuf needs to be redone, but with animations.

So in this case the head area needs new bones.

Comments from veteran modders around here that I've seen (like animators) is that you get crashes once you start adding stuff to head area.

I have an idea as a workaround as to how to mod the XPMSE skellie.

But it's theoretical, and takes committment and time to see through.

Fact that NO-ONE has made a tongue animation for Skyrim depsite all the amazing talent in the Skyrim scene should give a clue that earring mod and tongue may be two different worlds.

It's a great question you asked.

It just takes some exploration like wrote before.

More explorers the better.

Right now my focus is on other modding, though would be great to have this in Skyrim.

So maybe someone takes this as cue to step in.:classic_happy:

Thank you for this information, honestly way more helpful than the other dude. This explains it all, I always thought it was strange that this particular tongue mod wasn't made yet. If HDT-PE is bugged and locked behind Havok Content Tools, then HDT-SMP seems to be where I need to invest time learning. Thanks for at least pointing me in the right direction :smile:

2 minutes ago, amply said:

then HDT-SMP seems to be where I need to invest time learning. Thanks for at least pointing me in the right direction :smile:

You're welcome.:classic_happy:

Hope you are very determined and like BIG challenges, lol.

Very least you may have some real fun with SMP!

Good luck!

2 hours ago, winny257 said:

Halos mods are lots of fun :classic_biggrin:

But just static meshes you equip like you would armor.

Follow Me for Sex has a script for changing the tongues to make it look animated.

Nightromodz has great ideas.

And mouth mesh would be great resource.

It doesn't address the need for many working skeleton bonesin that region though.

Just adding physics to those assets without being to animate them will be far from intended effect that OP was going for.

Which is tongue moving and with some physics collision to boot. :classic_wub:

14 minutes ago, SassaAria said:

Halos mods are lots of fun :classic_biggrin:

But just static meshes you equip like you would armor.

Follow Me for Sex has a script for changing the tongues to make it look animated.

Nightromodz has great ideas.

And mouth mesh would be great resource.

It doesn't address the need for many working skeleton bonesin that region though.

Just adding physics to those assets without being to animate them will be far from intended effect that OP was going for.

Which is tongue moving and with some physics collision to boot. :classic_wub:

I know, I have only that linked what is currently available. :classic_smile:

17 minutes ago, SassaAria said:

You are a master hunter finding all kinds of obscure things.

You sure you didn't miss anything ? :classic_tongue:

I do not know, already possible, I would have to research longer, but that takes a lot of time! lachende-smileys-347.gif
and in my age time is gold value, because I do not have much of it anymore.  :classic_wink:

Archived