Sims 3 won't work on mac AT ALL.

I got a new mac pro and im still getting use to it. im not great with computers but i can figure stuff out on my own pretty well sometimes. i looked up the problem i have on google but no help there. I installed the sims 3 base game and it won't work, i forgot what the error sign says now because it's been so long but basically before the computer loads that launch window (you know the blue window that shows you which games you want on or of on your sims?) it gives an error and then closes. i found on a youtube video i could skip that and just load the game so i did that and it got to the first loading screen on the game and then it closes with the same error. i just don't know what's wrong and i can't figure it out anymore. i also had other packs like sims supernatural and it still wouldn't work. 
So if someone can help me out step by step i would be very grateful! thank you for you time and effort to whomever helps me. 

Archived