Can't add physics to outfit. (CBBE Compatible).

Ok so basically, I patched together an outfit for my own personal use. I'm pleased with it, I love how it looks, and I even followed the directions on the bodyslide wiki on how to add cloth bones.

But... It didn't work. I don't know how to fix it, and I need it put in pretty damn simple terms. Please help. This is what happened. Can someone either a: just help me figure out how to apply weights and whatever to the existing outfit, or b: do it for me if I send them the file? I'm so, so, so beyond frustrated right now.

20180329091252_1.jpg

20180329091253_1.jpg

20180329091257_1.jpg

I like to use Pre War dress for these types of physics.  And to be clear, you're looking at cloth physics (not booty jiggles) here?  Cloth weights have specific cloth bones that the weights are attached to.

You should be able to import the prewar dress to your project (delete all the imported parts that are NOT the dress).... 

1. Set reference for the project to PreWar Dress (it should highlight in green in the top right object panel)

2. Click (or control+click multiple) outfit layer(s) where you want to apply the cloth physics

3. Right click on your clicked (or control clicked objects) and select "copy bone weights"

What this is doing is copying the bone weights (physics included) from the PreWar dress to the outfit pieces you had selected in Step 2.

4. Delete the PreWar Dress reference

5. Save your outfit and test in game

You should be all done.  This is far from foolproof, but based on the images above, PreWar Dress should line up very nicely with the outfit you have pictured there and copy over well.

20 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

I like to use Pre War dress for these types of physics.  And to be clear, you're looking at cloth physics (not booty jiggles) here?  Cloth weights have specific cloth bones that the weights are attached to.

You should be able to import the prewar dress to your project (delete all the imported parts that are NOT the dress).... 

1. Set reference for the project to PreWar Dress (it should highlight in green in the top right object panel)

2. Click (or control+click multiple) outfit layer(s) where you want to apply the cloth physics

3. Right click on your clicked (or control clicked objects) and select "copy bone weights"

What this is doing is copying the bone weights (physics included) from the PreWar dress to the outfit pieces you had selected in Step 2.

4. Delete the PreWar Dress reference

5. Save your outfit and test in game

You should be all done.  This is far from foolproof, but based on the images above, PreWar Dress should line up very nicely with the outfit you have pictured there and copy over well.

Yeah, I'm just trying to add cloth physics, not boob/butt physics. I don't know what you mean, though. I'm extremely new to this.

3 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

I reproduced the same issues you did, when attempting to re-create the outfit, and previous attempts to weight yours failed.  Now I'm determined to beat this!

Maybe try using the weight of Hancock's outfit on the overcoat (darker leather bit) and the dress weight on the skirt?

So in testing the rebuit outfit, both the assets pulled in from 1950's and Eli's mods work fine, separate from each other.  The fatigue's skirt looked great and the Road Fury waist coat looked great.  When adding them to a mesh together.... we get what you're seeing in your testing.

I'm looking into this, but the game engine can only handle 4 bone weights per vertices.  I think this issue may have to do with how OS is copying the weights from the original assets and/or how the game engine is interpreting it.  When I get a bit more time today, I'll pop your outfit in to Maya and see how it behaves there (without the game engine restrictions). 

36 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

So in testing the rebuit outfit, both the assets pulled in from 1950's and Eli's mods work fine, separate from each other.  The fatigue's skirt looked great and the Road Fury waist coat looked great.  When adding them to a mesh together.... we get what you're seeing in your testing.

I'm looking into this, but the game engine can only handle 4 bone weights per vertices.  I think this issue may have to do with how OS is copying the weights from the original assets and/or how the game engine is interpreting it.  When I get a bit more time today, I'll pop your outfit in to Maya and see how it behaves there (without the game engine restrictions). 

Huh... I guess I really AM in the dark about all of this. Thank heavens I don't plan on releasing a clothing mod v_v (I just wanted to make this one for a personal character of mine). 

Thank you so much for trying so hard to help me with this <3 you're A++

I haven't been able to make any headway on this.  Even re-rigging the outfit using other tools like Maya produced the same result.  I can get the army fatigue skirt OR the leather fury skit to animate correctly when one or the other is not animated but not both together.  

Either it's not possible to animate two different meshes on the same outfit independently of each other (i.e. too many bones, etc.) or it's beyond my skill-set.  Not sure which is the case really, and there is just about zero information on the inturwebz that I can find about it.

If you remove all of the cloth bones from the project and re-weight it in OS, it looks reasonably ok in game though.  It won't have cloth animations, but it does move with the body and doesn't clip to high hell like the static mesh does.

Sorry - perhaps someone with more modeling/animation skills can do this.

Archived