Bad shadows on skin

skin.jpg

I'm getting really bad shadows on skin -- when the figure moves e.g. sways slightly when in idle, it flickers and looks a million times worse. Using Leyenda skin and CBBE with Re-Engaged ENB and all graphics settings on ultra -- although it happens with the default textures and with ENB off. I can provide more info about my set-up but I don't know what other info is needed.  Please help?

maybe it is in just a bad location (scriptlags, low fps), maybe it is something like a driver-problem... just test, if after save, reload (not F5/F9) it is the same - if not, it is likely that the engine of skyrim was "overloaded" with information and tried to fullfill its task with priorities (and textures had a low one)... observe, if after some time of gameplay it starts again (maybe the card is overheated - are the fans free of dust, working?)

if nothing changes, try a mod like "PC universal PC NPC Body Changer" to see, if it texture-related (this mod has several bodies and textures to test with (ingamestyle) so ENB, Location is the same)...

20 minutes ago, xwhiteninjax said:

maybe it is in just a bad location (scriptlags, low fps), maybe it is something like a driver-problem... just test, if after save, reload (not F5/F9) it is the same - if not, it is likely that the engine of skyrim was "overloaded" with information and tried to fullfill its task with priorities (and textures had a low one)... observe, if after some time of gameplay it starts again (maybe the card is overheated - are the fans free of dust, working?)

if nothing changes, try a mod like "PC universal PC NPC Body Changer" to see, if it texture-related (this mod has several bodies and textures to test with (ingamestyle) so ENB, Location is the same)...

Thanks for replying -- I've loaded Skyrim probably 12-15 times now (coc Whiterun) and it's always the same. I haven't installed a lot of mods yet so I don't think it's a script problem; I've got a lot of 2k-4k textures installed but my computer can handle them -- fps stays at 59 (capped at 60); and it happens regardless of which texture is installed.

then try your ENB... nexus has enb-management-mods, so you are able to test some (after installing and saving with the enb-manager) just with one click... maybe it is a setting inside some enb, this will show up, since everyone is a little different... 

for me I am playing with somber-enb... usual ok for my backgrounds, but at some places with many lights it is like being outside in the snow without dark glasses...

an ENB-Management-mod and the PC/NPC-changer are essentiell (imho), so it would be to install nevertheless

10 hours ago, xwhiteninjax said:

then try your ENB... nexus has enb-management-mods, so you are able to test some (after installing and saving with the enb-manager) just with one click... maybe it is a setting inside some enb, this will show up, since everyone is a little different... 

for me I am playing with somber-enb... usual ok for my backgrounds, but at some places with many lights it is like being outside in the snow without dark glasses...

an ENB-Management-mod and the PC/NPC-changer are essentiell (imho), so it would be to install nevertheless

No, I tried it with the enb turned off when I first had the problem -- thanks for your suggestion though.

13 hours ago, slaen said:

If you're still having this issue and you're on the special edition - have you tried turning off the screen space ambient occlusion?

I tried turning it off in my enb, which made it slightly worse -- but I don't understand what you mean by "screen space"

I think that is a problem with skyrim se. The graphics are not really good, especially for the appearance of shadows on the skin. Most players do not really notice that. In some forums it is discussed heavily. Many players think that the old skyrim has much better graphical possibilities. I have tried it with various enb's to improve. Nothing helped. Now I only use Vivid Weathers.

Excuse my bad english. I used the Google translator.

43 minutes ago, modder4711 said:

I think that is a problem with skyrim se. The graphics are not really good, especially for the appearance of shadows on the skin. Most players do not really notice that. In some forums it is discussed heavily. Many players think that the old skyrim has much better graphical possibilities. I have tried it with various enb's to improve. Nothing helped. Now I only use Vivid Weathers.

Excuse my bad english. I used the Google translator.

I think you're right -- which is a shame because I've kind of fallen in love with how the game looks otherwise, using Re-engaged ENB, Dolomite weather, and a combination of landscape mods that make it look more like Ireland rather than Norway -- it's really beautiful. I notice the bad shadows mostly when the player character is in idle with arms at the sides -- the arms cast really bad shadows on the sides of the body -- so maybe a different idle, maybe with arms folded in front, would minimize the problem enough to let me continue with SSE.

Archived