Files missing during auto installation

So I can't get my WW to work. I done a manual install first and nothing worked. Then I decided to try the auto installer but during installation it has the message "File not found" for both  "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package" and "ww_cas_parts.json"

Although it still says "Done. Ready to play!" as well :confused:

29yflso.png

When I load the game the only script mod it loads is "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts" - Which is also the only file i have inside the WickedWhimsMod folder.

So basically when i click in game the "Wicked..." menu item never appears.

After a lot of research trying to figure out the problem I believe I need the tuning.package but it is nowhere in the original zip file with the download?

I'm very confused, and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! (even if to just let me know if the tuning.package file even exists in your version)

Thanks

SOLVED

I'm just gonna post this here cos I might help someone else who has the same problem.

I looked at the WickedWhims_Script file and noticed it was blank. Which made me check the zip file and seen it was several hundred kb before unzipping. Odd right? I had been using 7-Zip to unzip the files but as it turns out if you use WinZip instead it unpacks it very differently! I have no idea why but win-zip seems to perhaps run a script that merges the individual files that 7-zip does not.

Long story short. Unzip it with Winzip and nothing else then try again. I hope this helps someone else before they spend hours trying to figure it out like me. It now works fine! :smiley:

Archived