HDT Physics Refuses to Work

Notthross

/STARTRANT

I've spent the whole afternoon trying to get this ridiculously difficult mod to work. I've tried a fresh install; I've lost track of how many guides, load orders, "required" mods, suggestions, etc. that I've tried and half of those have broken pictures so I don't know what the hell is going on; I've tried randomly fiddling with the load order; I've tried re-exporting from BodySlide I don't know how many times; I've triple-checked every single damn thing on this list; I've tried activating things one at a time; and I'm so sick if FNISing I could die. It either refuses to work or will only work on jumping where it will flatten the breasts.

I don't understand how this set can be even the slightest bit enjoyable when it's embittered by an experience wrought with old guides, guides that reference pictures that are destined (and have in almost all cases) to be broken (seriously, WTF is wrong with text), guides that are made by people who barely know how to speak when on camera, load orders that change between one person and the next, vague load orders where they're like, "HDT Stuff Here,", recommendations that are actually requirements, and literal dozens of forums where they post the problem, figure it out, but don't tell anyone or just don't receive a reply.

Also, how the hell can this even be playable?? I don't doubt that people who somehow get this to stand on two legs can ONLY play with these mods. I've not seen another mod or set that is so temperamental. I once installed over two-hundred mods at once without testing and they still worked nicely with each other with only a few errors. How is it half-a-dozen mods can't figure it out?It's like whoever designed this system did NOT want it to be played. Ever.

/ENDRANT

Now that I've gotten that out of the way (because I've not found a single person to have done it yet and I felt it needed to be said) I would like to ask for help. I'll not waste my time stumbling through the dark on this a moment longer. I am about to proverbially smash everything to pieces and never bother with it again.

HDT.png

Spoiler
52 minutes ago, Notthross said:

/STARTRANT

I've spent the whole afternoon trying to get this ridiculously difficult mod to work. I've tried a fresh install; I've lost track of how many guides, load orders, "required" mods, suggestions, etc. that I've tried and half of those have broken pictures so I don't know what the hell is going on; I've tried randomly fiddling with the load order; I've tried re-exporting from BodySlide I don't know how many times; I've triple-checked every single damn thing on this list; I've tried activating things one at a time; and I'm so sick if FNISing I could die. It either refuses to work or will only work on jumping where it will flatten the breasts.

I don't understand how this set can be even the slightest bit enjoyable when it's embittered by an experience wrought with old guides, guides that reference pictures that are destined (and have in almost all cases) to be broken (seriously, WTF is wrong with text), guides that are made by people who barely know how to speak when on camera, load orders that change between one person and the next, vague load orders where they're like, "HDT Stuff Here,", recommendations that are actually requirements, and literal dozens of forums where they post the problem, figure it out, but don't tell anyone or just don't receive a reply.

Also, how the hell can this even be playable?? I don't doubt that people who somehow get this to stand on two legs can ONLY play with these mods. I've not seen another mod or set that is so temperamental. I once installed over two-hundred mods at once without testing and they still worked nicely with each other with only a few errors. How is it half-a-dozen mods can't figure it out?It's like whoever designed this system did NOT want it to be played. Ever.

/ENDRANT

Now that I've gotten that out of the way (because I've not found a single person to have done it yet and I felt it needed to be said) I would like to ask for help. I'll not waste my time stumbling through the dark on this a moment longer. I am about to proverbially smash everything to pieces and never bother with it again.

HDT.png

Ahhhhhhh. I had this problem a long time ago. So, this is an relatively easy fix that took me, I don't know a few days to figure out of sorting through the old guides.

1) So what you need to do is, install Realist Rag dolls and Force. The most updated version found here [Make sure you run FNIS after install]: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/601?tab=files

Special Edition: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1439/

2) Then you install XPMS Skeleton found here, most updated version [Make sure you run FNIS after install]: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000?tab=files

Special Edition: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988

3) Then install HDT Physics Extensions, most updated version [Make sure you run FNIS after install]: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996/?

Special Edition: Currently no version I can find for Skyrim Special Edition. [Hopefully you can.]

4) If you are going for the physics of breasts, butt, etc. Install the most updated version of this [Make sure you run FNIS after install]: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54044/?tab=files

Special Edition: Currently no version I can find for Skyrim Special Edition. [Hopefully you can.]

If this was the goal, you will get the correct results. Do not update, but overwrite files and be sure to install in the order I stated above. Now I do have to say this, be sure.......BE SURE to install the XP32 HDT skeleton vs. BBP skeleton and do not install the CBE skeleton unless it's explicitly required by another mod. Reason for this, it can create huge conflict errors with the physics. Not only that, but the BBP skeleton in the install package has an unneeded portion for physics that you get from the HDT Physics Extension and HDT Breast and Butt Physics.

5) After doing so, make sure you build a body. The two typical bodies I use are either Maximum CBBE body or UNPB body. These have weighted physics for more of the body which will give the jiggle effect you are going for. If you want the clipping, [Moving of the breasts when the hands make contact], I utilized another piece of a mod to help it work as such.

Special Edition: Google search for the special edition versions.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Edit: I would suggest uninstalling the above mods. Now when you do, run FNIS to clear out the animations and then follow above instructions.

Edit: I see you are running Skyrim Special Edition. I had a problem trying to find the special edition versions of HDT Physics and HDT Breast and Butt Physics - BBP and TBBP support. Hopefully you can find it. This knowledge comes from Skyrim Legendary Edition and hopefully someone more knowledgeable with Skyrim Special Edition can help you out better. The last two mods [3 and 4] are not ported as I know of yet unless someone has successfully done so. I apologize. Wish I could be more of help.

Edited 25/03/2018 @ 4:54pm.

Well, now I'm even more upset. At some point I was linked to the Skyrim Nexus, away from the Skyrim SE Nexus that I started on. I know I started there because mods that I know I downloaded before that one work. I only noticed because I saw 'skyrim' in your links. I thought to myself, "Well, that's odd that he would assume old Skyrim."  I see after refreshing before I post that you noticed the same thing. It must have been from a remnant in the installation menu of another mod. I honestly don't care to check where I went wrong right now.

So, I've been wasting hours on nothing. Great. This would never have happened if the two sites were more distinguishable. On top of everything else, I now also feel like a moron.

Regardless, I appreciate the help. Do you know off-hand of an alternative? I've found another similar mod called HDT-SMP. It's in chinese, so I'm hesitant to even try. Another much less similar is CBP Physics.

2 minutes ago, Notthross said:

Well, now I'm even more upset. At some point I was linked to the Skyrim Nexus, away from the Skyrim SE Nexus that I started on. I know I started there because mods that I know I downloaded before that one work. I only noticed because I saw 'skyrim' in your links. I thought to myself, "Well, that's odd that he would assume old Skyrim."  I see after refreshing before I post that you noticed the same thing. It must have been from a remnant in the installation menu of another mod. I honestly don't care to check where I went wrong right now.

So, I've been wasting hours on nothing. Great. This would never have happened if the two sites were more distinguishable. On top of everything else, I now also feel like a moron.

Regardless, I appreciate the help. Do you know off-hand of an alternative? I've found another similar mod called HDT-SMP. It's in chinese, so I'm hesitant to even try. Another much less similar is CBP Physics.

Honestly, I'd give it a try. I have installed Chinese mods to my skyrim, using a google translate app to allow me to read what is being said. What is the worst that could happen, you start back where you are now. However, I would like to apologize once again for the useless info. By the way. I are a she. ^^;

Just now, Notthross said:

So you are. I apologize. I... become unobservant when I'm upset. I'll remember to actually post something. It's FNISing right now, but it seems to be stuck.

FNIS tends to look like it freezes, however it will push through and continue to the end. I do hope you find what you are looking for though. ^^.

I had to restart. After I did, it blitzed through as it was supposed to. I saw a video of the CBP Physics and it didn't look nice to me. It seems to use a very basic system. The HDT-SMP works much like the old one did.

For posterity, this is the link that I originally found.

There aren't any obvious ways to edit the mod, though. If you or anyone browsing cares to do so, there are XML files that I assume can be edited. I may delve into it later. I'm too tired of messing with it to do it right now.

Thanks again for your help. I may never have noticed the mistake if it weren't for you and I would have then definitely given up on it. I had tried before with old Skyrim and it hadn't worked then. I was thinking that I just wasn't allowed to have nice things.

29 minutes ago, Notthross said:

I had to restart. After I did, it blitzed through as it was supposed to. I saw a video of the CBP Physics and it didn't look nice to me. It seems to use a very basic system. The HDT-SMP works much like the old one did.

For posterity, this is the link that I originally found.

There aren't any obvious ways to edit the mod, though. If you or anyone browsing cares to do so, there are XML files that I assume can be edited. I may delve into it later. I'm too tired of messing with it to do it right now.

Thanks again for your help. I may never have noticed the mistake if it weren't for you and I would have then definitely given up on it. I had tried before with old Skyrim and it hadn't worked then. I was thinking that I just wasn't allowed to have nice things.

Haha. I'm glad you got it to work. Good job.

Archived