Getting an Error Message

For some reason now my Sims cannot WooHoo; I would choose for them to do some kinky loving on the bed or something and an error message pops up saying "animation failed" or something like that (can't remember exactly). It's never happened to me before until now. These animations are essential to a story I (may) wanna make in the near future.

39 minutes ago, Caged_Fenrir said:

Do you have all of the animations downloaded and extracted in the Mod folder? Are they registered in KinkyWorld?

When was the last time the mod and the animations worked?

Last time I played Sims 3, which was yesterday; and yes they are in my mods folder

So I couldn't get a good picture, but here is the error message I got:

##ERROR##

WooHooInstance SetStage: Setup failed!

Participants: 1

MinSims: 2

MaxSims: 2

Stage: KW_Amra72_Animations

(Am)Bed_Titsjob_01

Creator: Amra72

StageIsSolo: false

InstanceIsSolo: True

It does this with the other animations as well; it hasn't happened until today. Other days were fine.

That's strange. For it to stop working like that...

I noticed on your comment that there says "Participants: 1" but you need two sims for that animation to work...

What do you do?

*Select your active sim and ask another for woohoo

*Select active sim for woohoo alone

Cause I've been thinking that maybe you make your sim, let's say, masturbate and then change the animation for a 2 person woohoo. Maybe that's the error?

It seems that many other has been having this problem or a similar one nonetheless...

Try deleting the Kinky World mod (only the mod, leave the animations packages). Re-download the last update and place in in the mod folder.

Delete the cache files:

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

And then try to open the game. You will have to config the mod and register the animations again.

If you are afraid that it may corrupt your game further, copy your Sims 3 folder wherever you want, like the Desktop.

***Another option to create a backup it's a Factory Reset:

Rename your Sims 3 folder (the one inside Documents>Electronics Arts). Name it anything you want, for example Sim 3-backup. That would make it a backup and you won't lose anything.

Open your game normally and when it tells you to select your game, close it.

Now there should be two folders in there, the old backup and the new Sims 3 folder.

The new folder will be clear of all data, saves, download, mods, saved sims, etc.

So yesterday, I re-downloaded the Kinky mod and everything that comes with it (no deleting just replacing; I did keep the animations however); they seem to be working now and hopefully will still be by the time I get to that story I want to make (if I ever do). I was trying to get my prostitute Sim to WooHoo with her customer a few more times when it happened. If that error message comes up again, I guess I'll just do the same thing.

On 3/17/2018 at 3:10 PM, addicted2sims said:

I'm using KinkyWorld and I have Passion downloaded as well. I'll try and take a picture later on.

You don't have those 2 installed together do you? They will conflict with each other as they edit alot of the same files.

10 hours ago, namaradus said:

You don't have those 2 installed together do you? They will conflict with each other as they edit alot of the same files.

Ahh...then maybe that's my problem; I'll try to uninstall it later (though my Sims 3 Utility Feature says there's no mods conflicting with each other) then see what happens

6 hours ago, addicted2sims said:

Ahh...then maybe that's my problem; I'll try to uninstall it later (though my Sims 3 Utility Feature says there's no mods conflicting with each other) then see what happens

Conflict detectors are useless when trying to find conflicts with script mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Update (after a long time): I think I figured it out. I had Nraas Traveler and StoryProgression careeermodule; that seemed to have conflicted so I got rid of them. Everything seems to be working fine now, but I'll post again if not. But it's a pain having to go out and come back into the game just to switch towns.

Archived