[ModOrganizer] What's the difference between these two removal options?

HentaiGnome

One (delete) will uninstall the mod and delete the zip (7zip, rar, etc.)

The other (remove) will only uninstall it, but the original file will stay where it is.

So:

"Delete Installed.." will delete all mods that are installed from download list.

"Delete All.." will also delete mods that are not installed from download list.

The "Remove All.." "Remove Installed.." will just remove them from the list, but not delete them from disk.

Not 100%.

The "delete" is related to the original archive used to install the mod.

Both options will remove it from the ModOrganizer/Mods/ directory.

But only Delete will get rid of the source zip (if available.)

Be aware that was the behavior of the original MO, and because you are on FO4, I suppose you are using MO2, that I am not following.

2 minutes ago, CPU said:

Not 100%.

The "delete" is related to the original archive used to install the mod.

Both options will remove it from the ModOrganizer/Mods/ directory.

But only Delete will get rid of the source zip (if available.)

Be aware that was the behavior of the original MO, and because you are on FO4, I suppose you are using MO2, that I am not following.

Yes I was talking mostly from using "Mod Organizer" not "Mod Organizer 2", maybe it is not the same?

-I have been using MO2 for FO4 earlier. 

I thought it was the same for that option.

-I have not used MO2 for while, since I thought it was not ready yet, so maybe I remember wrong or used another version..

In MO I use "remove installed" all the time to clear up the list, and if I need to look for one of them later I just click the "show hidden" icon.

When I want to clear up some space or just remove all the old mods I use the "delete all" option.

Archived