FO3 Scientist outfits

That one and the one Dr. Li wears in 3. Preferably as replacers for the standard lab coats. Although I don't if it's possible but maybe make the ones standard lab coats as replacers for the dirty lab coats and the Vault ones as replacers for the clean variant.

FO4 has nearly that lab coat already.  Dr Chambers and Dr Amari wear it.  It's much simplier to override the default outfits of some of the npcs wearing the other, like Dr Madison Li - to this outfit or this outfit with a different texture through a material swap - than it would be to port the FO3 version.

I'm looking at the FO3 version right now.  I've ported it to FO4, but it's a terribly low poly mesh and 1k textures.  It just looks out of place in the game world.

For the Vault Suit + lab coat, we could use father's lab coat for that one - but what would it replace?  The dirty version of the lab coat?

All the wastelanders use the dirty one from what I've seen so the clean one maybe? And rather than use Fathers just use the standard lab coat? As for the other other lab coat heck, maybe just remove the leggings, socks, and shoes and replace the shoes with high heels? Seems simpler (maybe I have no idea) I have no idea what to do for the gloves though...

I think I got you.....  if I'm reading you right:

1. Replace the dirty lab coat textures with clean ones (lab coat mesh is the same regardless)

2. Replace the legs on the original lab coat with legs with shoes (maybe from one of the pre-war outfits)

3. Replace Dr Madison Li's default Institute Outfit with the "new" female lab coat from #2

4. Optionally replace the slacks/suit and tie in the male labcoat with the vault suit?

5. Figure out awesomer gloves for all lab coats

Right?

I've got Dr. Li's outfit already replaced with the 1950's feminine outfit. I just want the standard lab coats covered not the Institute ones. Only the females need to be replaced. Just replace the clean labcoats with the Vault ones and the dirty ones with Dr. Li's FO3 one. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 7:33 PM, gotomars5@yahoo.com said:

I wanted to give the author of this mod a big thanks I love this outfit in fallout 3. 

How do you install it? I dropped the files into my data folder but the outfits haven't changed.

EDIT: Apologies, I figured it out. Had to run it through bodyslide.

Archived