LOOT 0.12.4 - WARNING

Windows 7 users: If you want to install latest LOOT, 0.12.4, don't do it without previous installation of MicrosoftEasyfix because LOOT will not be able to update and sort your master files and other mods. Uninstallation of previous version also removes very important data that MEF installed for previous version. The problem from previous version isn't fixed. So this fix is MUST HAVE.

You can download MicrosoftEasyfix from here. It's virus free and anti malware free rar file.

MicrosoftEasyFix51044.rar

Also, it may not just be people updating that are affected.  I'm pretty sure I was running version 0.11 and had the same issue where LOOT couldn't find the masterlist.  I don't know if the Easyfix will solve the issue for previous versions, because in my early attempts to solve the problem I updated to 0.12.4 (thinking that the problem may have been from running an older version of LOOT) so I never tried the Easyfix on my older LOOT install.

Not sure if you can edit the title of your post, but something like "LOOT masterlist not found error" might be easier for people having the problem to identify.

I was running LOOT Version 0.10.1 (build d8f8dc4) and also have to fix it with MicrosoftEasyfix for solving this issue. Works like a charm now.

The latest update of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based systems (KB4033342) could be the culprit because Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 is an update that directly replaces all previous versions of .NET Framework 4.X. Also same for 2018-02 Cumulative Security and Quality Patch (KB4076492) and 2018-01 Security and Quality Rollup (KB4055532). It was from this moment that I had problems with LOOT. Can someone confirm that?

On 24/02/2018 at 4:37 AM, Elf Prince said:

Windows 7 users: If you want to install latest LOOT, 0.12.4, don't do it without previous installation of MicrosoftEasyfix because LOOT will not be able to update and sort your master files and other mods. Uninstallation of previous version also removes very important data that MEF installed for previous version. The problem from previous version isn't fixed. So this fix is MUST HAVE.

You can download MicrosoftEasyfix from here. It's virus free and anti malware free rar file.

MicrosoftEasyFix51044.rar

Thank you, problem sorted.

Archived