cant install mods

i am unable to install mods with nmm now after i downloaded and installed some follower mods and some hair mods and i need to to install two more mods but i get a error saying a problem occurred during install is there a limit on how many mods can be installed?

I don't believe there is a hard limit on how many mods can be installed - there is an overall plugin limit on running the game, which is 255 combination esm/esp plugins.  You can have over 255 mods installed and active - but will need to be merged down to 255 or less to actually run the game.

When I used NMM (I've moved to MO2), I had over 350 mods installed without any issues.

8 hours ago, ercramer69 said:

Have you tried to delete the file in question from NMM (right click the file then choose permanently delete) then download it again? 

It's possible the file corrupted during the original download.

i deleted a hair mod and redoownloaded it with nmm and it gives the same error ill try manually downloading next time

Archived